[1.0] RimCities (Beta Release) - Procedural city map generation

Started by CeilingYoda, June 19, 2019, 06:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimmer21

Quote from: Canute on August 06, 2019, 02:44:16 AM
Why do you ask such a question in a mod topic ? Does it relate to this mod at any kind ?

Depend on the amount of RAM you got.
If your system don't got enough RAM for an application, the OS will swap onto the volume. And ofcourse the volume (harddisk,ssd) got much slower performace then RAM.
But if you got more RAM then the application need, it doesn't matter how much free memory you got.

Oh yes I was asking about this mod in particular, not just any application. Sorry for the confusion

rimmer21

Another question, I notice on youtube playthroughs and everything that all items should be forbidden when you start in a new city.. but when I spawn in, nothing is forbidden and there's 3-4 factions represented in the one city so once I attack one of the colonists in the same factions as the others, they'll come after me. Is this how it is supposed to work?

rimmer21

Update, I get that a pawn is attacking my colonists but they never attack me first. And I do not see the relationship change with a faction for picking up items and equipping gear. Any help?

RicRider

There's certain game mechanics in RimWorld that are hard coded:
- NPCs don't hunt, plant
- hostile NPCs on mortars will blow up their own buildings to kill you
- every NPC becoming hostile and homing in on you once you aggro one of the same faction
- items on map are considered "yours" by the game (look at your history > wealth tab)

Some of the commenters on this thread seem not to know this so I thought I'd worth mentioning it. Maybe the mod should be listed as a "roleplaying" mod for some of the above reasons?
##Coding Scrub##

rimmer21

Quote from: RicRider on August 08, 2019, 09:10:25 AM
There's certain game mechanics in RimWorld that are hard coded:
- NPCs don't hunt, plant
- hostile NPCs on mortars will blow up their own buildings to kill you
- every NPC becoming hostile and homing in on you once you aggro one of the same faction
- items on map are considered "yours" by the game (look at your history > wealth tab)

Some of the commenters on this thread seem not to know this so I thought I'd worth mentioning it. Maybe the mod should be listed as a "roleplaying" mod for some of the above reasons?

I downloaded the most recent release and it finally worked perfectly fine. I just get confused because "Faction" gets raided by own "faction" and shortly decide to take what they can and leave but it's a good mod and not game breaking so thumbs up

TKCaesar

I have this mod installed and enabled but no cities are forming I'm just getting the regular old small outposts.

Vehicular_Zombicide

Try installing v3.0 instead of the most up to date release. I had that exact issue with the current version, but it works just fine while using an older one.

vovik

I would really ask for a small rimcity mode where all bases are small cities. Just for immersion.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

HeatherWelwyn

Please help.

I can't tame animals in any of the cities created by Rimcities. Even when I have no other mods except this one, my character will use food and go through the sequence of taming, but at the end no message with a % and success/failure will flash. Is this by design? I 'm loving this mod, but being unable to tame would be a deal breaker.

Canute

HeatherWelwyn,
could you take a look at the log window if any error (red text) show up at the end of the taming ?
You need to enable developer mode at the option first, then the top left icon to open the log window.
When there is an error,  maybe attach the log file to your answer (you need to use Reply to have file attach options) or when you used hugslib too, the green Share log button and post the link you got.

If you got steam, you might should post/ask there, not sure if the mod author is longer present at the forum.

MZ

it seems that starting in an abandoned city makes it possible for the game to spawn active hives, not sure if this was intended but its kind of... harsh