How do i get rid of red errors?

Started by Prester, August 01, 2019, 05:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prester

Hi,

I recently used this modpack
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1713289410

but rimworld was loading whopping 40 minutes to start and got laggy real fast, so i dumped it down to about half and added like 10 new ones

it now takes 15 minutes but there is a lot of red errors (but most of them repeated) and i was told, that those are realy bad to have and so i wanted to get rid of them before they destroy my game midgame but im not very good at this stuff so i would like to ask if anyone can have a look at it?

this should be the github report
https://gist.github.com/fe5a8b53978da0ad543453a047028e1c

Canute

Hi,
basicly you should ask the author of the collection first, if you followed his instructions.
But mod's can get updated, and whooops conflicts can be solved or new ones can appear.

Did you download and used the xml modlist ? So you got the right loadorder ?
I notice you removed and add mod's at your own, which can be very complicate at this big modlist.

Such error's like
QuoteXML error: Could not register node named "ApparelBaseF" in mod 1728999127 because this name is already used in this mod.
explain itself, just look for mod 1728999127

other error's like
QuoteXML error: Duplicate XML node name graphicData in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="Simple"><defName>SimpleProstheticFoot</defName><label>simple prosthetic foot</label><description>Replaces missing feet.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/Simple</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><statBases><MarketValue>300</MarketValue><Mass>2</Mass></statBases><techHediffsTags><li>Simple</li></techHediffsTags><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/SimpleProstheticFoot</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><drawSize>0.80</drawSize></graphicData></ThingDef>
are hard to identify. You can take a keyword like "SimpleProstheticFoot" and search you Mods folder about it, but you can get multiple search results.

But i think many of these XML error's are based that you don't use mods they need or they are at the wrong order.

Prester

thank you, i will look over the correct order

the only thing i didnt get rid of is this

XML error: Could not register node named "ApparelBaseF" in mod 1728999127 because this name is already used in this mod.

i have no idea what i should do about it. the mod is up to date and has no dependencies ...

Canute

Lucky, there was a non-steam download and i tried that mod  (Forsakens) too.
And i got many error's too.
If that mod't currently isn't important for you, you should deactivate it.
But if you realy want play with it, you should ask at the mod disccusion about it.
And you should include a logfile (Share log button) so the author got more informations.