Food Administration Mod

Started by PhantomFav, September 15, 2019, 04:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomFav

I have just discovered that a pawn can comfortably live with just a simple meal per day, if it is in decent environment. So, is there a mod that allow you to administer food like you can already do with drug policy?? Yes, I already use the food restriction "Nothing" with the manual "Consume Simple Meal", but it becomes rapidly boring if you have more than few pawns.

Canute

Hmmm, didn't you answer you question self ?
With the food policy system you can setup what food each pawn be allowed to consume.
What else do you want ?

PhantomFav

Quote from: Canute on September 15, 2019, 05:04:08 AM
What else do you want ?

I want that my pawns eat just a meal per day.

Pangaea

Quote from: PhantomFav on September 15, 2019, 05:21:39 AM

Unless you're using a mod that changes their hunger rate, I am fairly sure this will be too little. Typically a pawn eats a meal when he wakes up and before going to bed. There will be slight "losses" since they tend to eat at around 0.2/1.0 foodbar and a meal has 0.9 nutrition, but that's not something to worry much about.

PhantomFav

Quote from: Pangaea on September 15, 2019, 08:26:02 AM
Quote from: PhantomFav on September 15, 2019, 05:21:39 AM

Unless you're using a mod that changes their hunger rate, I am fairly sure this will be too little. Typically a pawn eats a meal when he wakes up and before going to bed. There will be slight "losses" since they tend to eat at around 0.2/1.0 foodbar and a meal has 0.9 nutrition, but that's not something to worry much about.

I have done various tests these weeks, and I have discovered absolutely no problem with that rate. In the most desperate cases (middle winter, without immediately usable food) they can easily go with a single simple meal every one and a half day (but in this case, they are grumpy as hell for the most of the day). I am not using any mod for the hunger rate, and their meal is consumed always at 6:00AM, so they are sleeping when they are really hungry.

Limdood

can confirm the hunger rate.  The hunger rate also drastically slows down at the lowest levels, right before starvation.  As long as you eat the next meal right before starvation kicks in, you can really maximize efficiency of meals (if you wait until starvation starts, the increased hunger rate will screw you up)

The problem is that pawns will grab another meal when they are JUST beginning to get hungry, which is before their hunger drops far enough to even get the full benefit of the nutrition. 

OP isn't looking for a mod that restricts pawns to simple meals, he's looking for a mod that restricts pawns to only eating one meal, without micromanagement, similar to how you can set drugs to be consumed once per day.

Canute

1 meal/eating the day.
Such a feature would be pretty nice for many people who play at extreme maps with lesss/limited food at the beginning.
That would lower the micromanagment of pawn/food during this time.
But i don't know such a mod that would add this feature.

PhantomFav

Quote from: Canute on September 15, 2019, 05:17:16 PM
Such a feature would be pretty nice for many people who play at extreme maps with lesss/limited food at the beginning.

To be fair, that should be vanilla for me. I don't think it would be too difficult to copy the drug policy frame and use it again for the food restriction.

Hans Lemurson

On Ice Sheet maps, I've had to resort to forbidding all food, and not freeing it up until I get the message that starvation has begun.  It would be nice to be able to automate such food restriction.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.