Where to craft Turret CRATES? Pls Help

Started by ZombieElephant, October 06, 2019, 05:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZombieElephant

Hey guys

for defense, I want to build the "50BMG M2 Browning MG" - turret.

It says it needs (in my case) 70 steel alloy and a "50BMG M2 Browning MG" - CRATE.

In which workshop can I craft the crates? Looked in every workshop I currently have and the only thing coming close to crates I think are the catapult and balista crates in the craftsman's table.

But how can I craft the MG-crates and stuff, which workshop and what kind of research do I need?

Best regards and thanks in advance

Kirby23590

Isn't this Modded?

Most of us don't have 50BMG M2 Browning MG guns. And what mod does it came from?

Is it from Combat Extend or no?

Try checking the build menu if your colonists can build instead crafting it in a workshop table.

Try fleshing out where does this 50BMG Turret from what mod comes from or otherwise we can't help as much.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Shurp

I have no idea which mod you are talking about, but ordinarily in Rimworld you do not build "crates".  Instead you construct "buildings", which can be un-installed creating an inventory item with a crate-like appearance.

So you probably have to build the 50BMG gun at your workbench, then have 70 steel handy, then you can start assembling the turret.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

Since he just post 2 messages yet, you find the other post when you check his other post.
It is for the Hardcore-SK mod, he allready post the same msg. there.
But he refuse to look at that topic, a few posting above his ones, i allready suggest to someone else to use the ingame HelpTab to check what research/workbench are needed for some items.

Kirby23590

Oh it's from a Hardcore SK project mod. I C... ???

To be honest, OP could have at least said in the subject's title Hardcore SK project Need help, craft turret crates. :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Bozobub

IMO, it's tempting to try to help — RW players a generally a helpful bunch — but no one should, UNTIL OP starts helping us help him.  I'm getting tired of this repeated behavior, to be honest :P .  None of us (except Tynan and maybe some of the forum staff) are paid to be here, ya know.

This kind of thing, along with "ZOMG my RW install with 250 mods (unlisted, unknown, unguessable) mods seems to not work very well!" drives me up a wall.
Thanks, belgord!

Limdood

our actions won't change the frequency of these kinds of posts though.

The people posting these hard-to-follow, uninformative "help me" requests that may or may not include mods and other custom content invariably have 3 or less total posts, and clearly seem to not read the forums ahead of making their post.

So they're all brand new people on the forums that don't check beforehand, which means that any content already on the forums (ie. the behavoir and expectations of the regulars) won't have any bearing.

Bozobub

Exactly.  So we should start ignoring them completely; it's a waste of time and energy, with guaranteed failure as the only result.
Thanks, belgord!