[1.0] Boats!

Started by Smash Phil, December 07, 2019, 06:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlad0mi3r

I have had the same thing happen had to draft and then undraft and the boat moved off the map.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Mistrornge

Hoping these images upload. 
First image shows what is on the Fishing Boat, the Caravan tab, which shows some correct and incorrect details.  You can see the number of tribespeople on the boat are 8.  Of course there are only 4 on the boat.  The loaded items have some unusual items.  Does it count items carried by pawns?  Not sure that there is a steel baseball bat on the boat.  When I cancel forming of caravan it did not pop out to be unloaded. 
Second image is the Cargo tab.  Now this is what was loaded on the boat.  All looks great.
Last image is the crewmember details which looks good. Kre'achtlo and Buzotouss are lizardmen.  There is some global issue with the images appearing. 

Mistrornge

Juliette is carrying a steel baseball bat as a sidearm.  So that is correct I believe. 
@Vlad0mi3r I drafted the boat but that did not change anything.

Smash Phil

Quote from: Mistrornge on December 31, 2019, 08:32:24 PM
Hoping these images upload. 
First image shows what is on the Fishing Boat, the Caravan tab, which shows some correct and incorrect details.  You can see the number of tribespeople on the boat are 8.  Of course there are only 4 on the boat.  The loaded items have some unusual items.  Does it count items carried by pawns?  Not sure that there is a steel baseball bat on the boat.  When I cancel forming of caravan it did not pop out to be unloaded. 
Second image is the Cargo tab.  Now this is what was loaded on the boat.  All looks great.
Last image is the crewmember details which looks good. Kre'achtlo and Buzotouss are lizardmen.  There is some global issue with the images appearing.

That's not the number of colonists on the boat. If you look at what tab you have selected, you'll see that's the caravan tab. So 8 is the number of colonists you've selected for the caravan, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll all be in that boat, which means either you have multiple boats in your caravan or you've selected more colonists than the boat can carry (in which case it should have rejected the caravan formation process and told you to select less colonists or select more boats).

Edit: in fact, if you look at the gizmos (buttons next to draft / undraft) you'll see that there are only 4 colonists on board, so yea your caravan isn't gonna leave... because not all colonists have boarded. Now, if you have another boat and all colonists are onboard that boat and this one in the picture, the caravan will send.

AllenWL

This is a really niche case, but could it be possible to let boats act as 'floors' for pawns or something to allow interactions with possible offshore islands?

To clarify, sometimes, you can find little 'islands' on beaches which aren't accessible due to being completely surrounded by deep water and being made entirely out of solid stone/ore. I think it'll be nice if you could take a ship to those little island and mine them for resources or build on them.

Currently, you can still do it by attacking some of the stone till it breaks and reveals accessible ground then landing ships, but I think it'll be nice if you can directly go and do stuff there via ships.

Null Akula

Small problem, I cant seem to get cargo out of my boats.

Edit: I forgot to add that no options for removing cargo from the boat's inventory show up at any point in any part of the UI for me.

tsmt1001

I am having trouble forming a caravan with a boat. My pawns get into the boat and then it just sits there until they get upset and one of them has a mental break. Is there  a trick to get this to work? I am playing on an island.

sayheyjay

Quote from: tsmt1001 on April 20, 2020, 09:25:20 PM
I am having trouble forming a caravan with a boat. My pawns get into the boat and then it just sits there until they get upset and one of them has a mental break. Is there  a trick to get this to work? I am playing on an island.
Yes, draft the boat and select a location at the very edge of the map. If the first location doesn't work, try another, eventually the boat will leave the map and you'll get the notice that the caravan is proceeding to waypoint 1.

calebelt

Hi! Great mod. Can add a carŠµ/wagon and a truck to this mod?

Mistrornge

throwawayawimbehway

When a pawn boards a boat, their colonist portrait / mood bar square thingy is cloned, so it looks like I have five or six identical colonists with the same name. Anyone else encountered this bug? is it a compatibility issue with the colour coded mood bar mod?

Also my colony is on a map with a river running through it, but the caravan exit point is set to a random puddle. The boat drove into a mountain, grounded itself and now nobody can board it. I quit, so now I have to wait for half an hour because my potato laptop takes literal fucking aeons to load saves.

Canute

Quoteis it a compatibility issue with the colour coded mood bar mod?
Since a mood bar can be disabled without problems during a safegame, why you don't try it out ?

Mistrornge

Hello,
I am trying to make this mod work with your vehicles mod.  Are the two compatible with each other or is one the only one that should be used?
Thank you,

Mistrornge

Have error when attempting to travel.