Mod Help

Started by SonicZak, January 15, 2020, 11:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicZak

My colonist UI disappears every time I draft them

(UI as in the bar of options that appear when selecting a colonist)

I have found that the error is most likely due to the SimpleSidearms Mod and have found a (very tedious and annoying) way to fix it

My question is that if there is a way to solve this in an easier way that doesn't involve removing said mod

Log: https://git.io/JvUgO

Canute

My question is,
how the hack we should find an answer when you made the log from the rimworld start and not when the UI disappear ?

And i don't think it is just SimpleSidearms, more a conflict together with another mod.
But since you prolly identify self half of the problem you can decide what mod you like keep.
Since the author from SimpleSidearms stoped working at this mod (and rimworld) you maybe can find out the other mod and check if that mod author is still active.

SonicZak

Well ill see if I can solve it myself

on another note, what does "Deprecated" and "Malformed" mean in the log

Canute

Quote<targetVersion> in mod About.xml is deprecated! Use <supportedVersions> tag instead. (example: <supportedVersions><li>1.0</li></supportedVersions>)

Malformed (correct format is Major.Minor) version string on mod Avoid Friendly Fire from Falconne "1.0.2059" - parsed as "1.0"
You need to watch together !
A few version ago, the syntax got changed.
Since the mod still use <targetVersion> it is malformed/deprecated !
But that have no impact on the mod itself, and when you watch the ingame log window it is yellow (warning) not red (error).

You can manualy edit the about.xml to adjust this.

LWM

I am pretty sure there is an updated Friendly Fire mod out there.  But Simple Sidearms is no longer being supported?   :'(  Here I was just going to go play a game with it.

Stupid question for OP, but are you sure you haven't hit some keystroke that turns off the UI?

Canute

Even when the author of SimpleSidearms dont do anything anymore it don't mean the mod is bad.
Normaly i never got big problems with it.
But that don't mean it could cause problems with other mods that add new game mechanics.