Harmony patches stop working for three mods all of a sudden

Started by SergeshD123, January 17, 2020, 12:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergeshD123

Everything was fine until today when Harmony patches stop applying to three of my mods for no reason. I did install some new mods, but the problem was still here after I disabled all of them and reverted the modlist back to a time when everything was working fine. This bug is preventing me from creating any new map and starting a new game.

Here's the error logs for the three mods that stop working: https://imgur.com/a/CxtaKS9

Here's the error log: https://gist.github.com/7dd985b521d265e8680c8dfd92d25d09

LWM

Whatever AlienRace you are using might have updated something that unexpectedly breaks other mods?

Canute

Hi,
you only woried about these last 3 errors ?
And whats about all these error previously ?

But about your 3 harmony errors.
Looks like alienraces got an update on 15.Jan 2020, so i think thats the reason.
You should report that at the mod discussion from Humanoid Alien Races at steam,discord or Github.

SergeshD123

Quote from: LWM on January 17, 2020, 01:09:33 PM
Whatever AlienRace you are using might have updated something that unexpectedly breaks other mods?

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know that it's possible for alien race mods to affect things like Giddy up and A Rimworld of Magic. I think I may have the culprit in mind. Will test soon.

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2020, 01:14:32 PM
Hi,
you only woried about these last 3 errors ?
And whats about all these error previously ?

But about your 3 harmony errors.
Looks like alienraces got an update on 15.Jan 2020, so i think thats the reason.
You should report that at the mod discussion from Humanoid Alien Races at steam,discord or Github.

Thanks for replying. The yellow lines above the three errors are always there when I boot the game and don't seem to be causing any issue.

I know that Alien framework is updated on the 15th, but I still played fine yesterday and the day before that.

Canute

Yellow text are warnings and you can ignore them (most of the times).
But there are red text too like
QuoteXML error: Could not register node named "Alien_Symvoli" in mod Symvoli Race because this name is already used in this mod.
and a few more of this
QuoteConfig error in Orbital_Factory: TechprofSubpersonaCore tradeability doesn't allow traders to sell this thing
Config error in Alien_Symvoli: has null thingClass.
Config error in Alien_Symvoli: has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps
or
QuoteCould not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for AlienRace.HarmonyPatches ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AlienRace.HarmonyPatches+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<.cctor>b__3 (AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace ar) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.HarmonyPatches..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (intptr) <0x00065>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor_Patch1 (System.RuntimeTypeHandle) <0x0006b>
at StartupImpact.Patch.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtilityCallAll.Prefix () <0x00152>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll_Patch2 () <0x00021>
at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__2 () <0x00037>
at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () <0x001c3>
and this one got trouble with the alienrace patches too.
So it can based on the Alien race framework but could be from a Race mod.
That you need to investigate more.

Since Psychology and rim of magic don't got updates shortly, it is very uncommon that they made the problems.
And since you said the error happen later then the Alien framework update, so you should check the Race mods about updates.
Special these Symvoli race is mysterious.

SergeshD123

This is strange, because the Symvoli mod doesn't have anything at all to do with Harmony or Hugslib. I know this because I made it. It's a pure XML mod. All of the error codes above except for the ones involving Harmony have always been there but never affect me until now. Looks like I'll have to revert all the changes I made to my mod and see what happen.

Edit: Okay, I fixed the problem. Cool to know that a XML mod can affect things like Harmony even though my mod has nothing at all to do with harmony.