Mod help for my fiancé's first try!!

Started by ryantyler, January 21, 2020, 03:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryantyler

Hey Guys, I've finally managed to fix up my old laptop and got rimworld running on it smoothly enough that my fiance has agreed to play some rimworld. I told her that so she can get used to it and so that we can test the laptop I'd set it to peaceful and she can play a base builder and turn her colony into a hotel.

Other than hospitality what other mods would you guys recommend for such a relaxed playthrough, we don't want any guns or weaponry or even anything that may add too much danger.

(I normally play heavy modded with 400+ mods on merciless so this is the opposite to what I'm used to)

Thanks

LWM

• ALL the hair mods.
  • Plenty of pretty furniture mods if you like - pick ones you think are pretty.  (I don't actually use any, and may be overwhelming to new players....I recommend adding mods like this slowly - you can always add them to a game in progress)
  • Storage mod (I like a tidy base; I, of course, like my "deep storage" for that ;) It's also reasonable to play for a bit without it.)
  • There's a mod that gives speech bubbles to pawns; it's pretty cute.
  • Expanded artwork mods - the 3 base artwork get boring after a while, and it's really cute to have a dragon curled up at the front of your ship, giant DNA in the hospital, etc.
  • Better Pawn Control (probably later on).  TD's enhancements.  My Minor Changes. Common Sense.  (Okay, common sense changes gameplay a little, so I might put it on the list of things to add in later, but it's also full of really good things).  I think there's another "tweaks" mod I use, but can't think of it off the top of my head.  All these smooth gameplay and the UI.

SpaceDorf

the AllowTool for other conviniences.

in addition to extended artwork, the select artwork mod

Misc Robots, so the pawns are less occupied with hauling and cleaning.

Mods that add more food and planting variety and cute animals. ( bunnies, sheep, minions, spiders, shoggoths .. )

GiddyUp, Riding cute animals is always a good thing

Rational Romance, for more personal interaction

rpg style inventory ... see the bling, wear the bling,
jewelry crafting .. make the bling

tennants, similiar to hospitality

and i always forget how many gui and QoL mods there are.

zen garden, wild cultivation, fertile fields ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

LWM

Oh, yes, I second Rational Romance: it's very good and very unobtrusive!

Also, Better Workbench Management.

Really, so many of these ought to be in the base game  ::) ;D

Canute

QuoteMisc Robots, so the pawns are less occupied with hauling and cleaning.
Alternativ, Minions 2.0 they can haul,clean,mine,harvest.

Vegetable Garden, give you a great varie on food and drinks.