Register my game?

Started by mzonk, February 24, 2020, 09:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mzonk

I'm trying to register my ownership of Rimworld with steam.com (or whatever).  There is a webpage off of rimworld.com that says I can do this by typing in the email that confirms the purchase.  I still have a copy of that email message.  It's from a group calling itself SendOwl Downloads--NOT steam.com and NOT Ludeon Studios.

Naturally, the web page has no link to WHERE I should copy and paste this email to...

...and steam.com goes out of its way to make it difficult, if not impossible, to contact them directly (I've never managed to do it), and their so-called support only answers questions that retards would ask.  Don't ask them for something that's actually useful--they can't be bothered!

Yes, I'm VEXED at steam!  What a bunch of [expletive deleted]s!

Steam asks for a product key.  I never got a product key.  I have an order number and a link to a page that lets me download copies of the game.

Side issue:  I have three copies of the six that I am allowed:  one for Windows 7, one for Windows 10 and one for Linux (I run Linux Mint 19 on an HP Pavillion DV9500-class machine).  It runs fine on windows, but the copy I got for Linux won't launch--it complains about OpenGL--and NVidia, which makes the GPU for that machine (where the OpenGL interpreter is) is as disgustingly lazy about allowing actual contact as steam is.  Mind you, I have two identical HP laptops, one running Windows 7 and one running Linux Mint 19, and it runs just fine under Windows.  Naturally, HP has also dropped all support for the machine--they can't even be bothered to keep their old drivers and info around (what [different expletive deleted]s).  Again, typical.

So...forgetting the side issue (I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me whom to correspond with about this), how do I contact someone in Ludeon or steam who has two neurons to rub together about getting Rimworld registered?

P.S.  You contradicted yourselves, guys.  In the forums, you wrote that you regarded Rimworld as a finished product.  Now you're putting a new version on Beta test.  Thank you.  I thought that you were using the people doing the mods as unwitting slave labor.  You've restored my faith in humanity.

Jeff Mullen
Bachelor's of Science, Computer Science, RIT

P.S. Send me an NDA and let me go over the source code and I'll put the missing info in the wiki on how the "beauty" system works.  Let me write stuff in the wiki/explain how and I'll put in the missing info on the design and necessary resources for building a starship (it IS, after all, the object of the game).  It doesn't even say that you need three engines.  It's pitiful.

Canute

QuoteNaturally, the web page has no link to WHERE I should copy and paste this email to...

https://rimworldgame.com/getmygame/

Hmm looks pretty clear for me where to paste the email !
If you don't see the input field, maybe try a different browser.

Tynan

Just to add some context, the Royalty expansion isn't yet supported on rimworldgame.com/getmygame, but should be within a few days.

RimWorld should work.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Tynan on February 24, 2020, 11:09:55 AM
Just to add some context, the Royalty expansion isn't yet supported on rimworldgame.com/getmygame, but should be within a few days.

RimWorld should work.

Will the page change to reflect that you can now use it for the DLC as well, or should we just blindly give it a shot every now and then until it works?

Tynan

It is supported now! You can register Royalty on rimworldgame.com/getmygame
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

BlackSmokeDMax

mzonk

Actually, that button that "looked pretty clear to you" looked more like a link to send a confirmation email to my inbox that included the link to where I should paste the message.  I humbly recommend that it be changed to make it less confusing.

Moot point.  I copied and pasted the entire email message, clicked on the button, and the screen just went back to its original form.

Thanks anyway.

BTW, thanks for the talk about the royalty expansion, but I don't have it.  Someone else might peruse this thread and find it useful, though.