[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

The gas mask called gasmask. there are two, gas mask and gasmask. One of my colonists died while testing it. But I had saved befor :)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Shinzy

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 25, 2014, 03:54:37 PM
The gas mask called gasmask. there are two, gas mask and gasmask. One of my colonists died while testing it. But I had saved befor :)

Those are the 4 masks that work with Superpirson's mod
any other gasmask is likely from another mod and wouldn't work in that case!

Iwillbenicetou

What are the names of the gas masks you have put in? Here's all the gas masks I have. You also need to name the purple gas mask to something gas mask, because I have no idea what it's called. :(

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Shinzy

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 25, 2014, 10:15:31 PM
What are the names of the gas masks you have put in? Here's all the gas masks I have. You also need to name the purple gas mask to something gas mask, because I have no idea what it's called. :(

The purple one is called Enviro-Headgear, so technically it's not gas mask but
a helmet designed for surviving hostile athmosphere (atleast 'lore' wise) so it protects from poison, aswell =P
Anyway the helmet you got there on Garen, if it's called 'Gas mask', it's from another mod

Edit: A-Ha! The other Gas mask comes from Superpirson's mod
(I suggest you put those through the Tailoring station and make jumpsuits of them!)

superpirson

Quote from: Shinzy on August 26, 2014, 03:53:23 AM
Edit: A-Ha! The other Gas mask comes from Superpirson's mod
(I suggest you put those through the Tailoring station and make jumpsuits of them!)

hah! crap!
yeah, I had a gas mask in my mod that worked ever since I added gas, thing is that I can't texture to save my life, and somz and I are still pretty new to the whole multi-view thing.

As of the most recent version, the "Gas Mask" is depreciated, and should never spawn in unless you use the cheat menu. I wanted to leave it in so as to no break anyone's save.
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Shinzy

Quote from: Bruvvy on August 26, 2014, 08:51:28 PM
The armor is cool

Yup!

Hallooo!
In honor of anyone who lost colonist to hauling wildly appearing armor vests
New update! minor one but none the less awesome

Following list explains all the new thingys!
- Glitterworld armors have green color aswell now
- Bandit mask & hat
- Wanderer's Hat and mask
- Tac-Team headcover
- Cowl of the dark knight (Only spawnable through dev mode, for obvious reasons =P)
- Clan marked balaclava
Oh and no more Armor vests popping down in the corner!
That is all!

Iwillbenicetou

One, I love your photo for the update. But second, is it compatible with exsisting worlds with the mod already installed?

( Tchey )

I can't decide if i prefer SuperiorCrafting or TechTreeMinami...

I've read Apparello will be included in SuperiorCrafting 2.5, but it's not in yet, so, it is compatible already or i should avoir until next update ?

Thanks.

Shinzy

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 28, 2014, 10:42:15 AM
One, I love your photo for the update. But second, is it compatible with exsisting worlds with the mod already installed?
You should be good to go with updating, you'll only need to readjust your stockpiles and crematorium to accept the new hats cause they'll be excepted by default whenever new stuff is added in game

Quote from: ( Tchey ) on August 28, 2014, 11:19:24 AM
I can't decide if i prefer SuperiorCrafting or TechTreeMinami...

I've read Apparello will be included in SuperiorCrafting 2.5, but it's not in yet, so, it is compatible already or i should avoir until next update ?

Thanks.
If you're taking any suggestions I'd go with just pure vanilla using only *my* mod ::)
Cause that's clearly the only way to go *wink wink*
*hides from Jerry, Abrax, Jellie and Minnie*

The superior crafting heavily changes the research things so I don't think Apparello would play ball with it as it is
(The advanced armoring stuff requires the vanilla Machining research) Ofcourse if you're any bit familiar with the .xml files you could easily remove that requirement for the research, but it could cause complications later on when the superior crafting is updated
So I'd wait till the 2.5 update!

Buccee

Hey Shinzy,
i bought the game last weekend and played a few colonies vanilla style!

Now i want to add your mod but every time when i try to activate the Apparello Mod my game freezes and not responding anymore... If i start the game new i only got a blackscreen.

(Using only the core game no other mods)

Only deleting the mod again fix the issue :/

i am confused... :D

Hope you can help me

Shinzy

Quote from: Buccee on August 28, 2014, 09:46:42 PM
Hey Shinzy,
i bought the game last weekend and played a few colonies vanilla style!

Now i want to add your mod but every time when i try to activate the Apparello Mod my game freezes and not responding anymore... If i start the game new i only got a blackscreen.

(Using only the core game no other mods)

Only deleting the mod again fix the issue :/

i am confused... :D

Hope you can help me

I really hope I could help you, too! =/ I can join you in the confusion there =P
I've only experienced few black screens myself with activating some various mods
but they've always fixed themselves (for me) by waiting a while

Have you tried running any other mods?
Oh and I really hate to ask this but would you kindly like to redownload/reinstall the game and/or the mod
Checking the bug section for anything black screen related could be of help
I'm really sorry, this is the extent of my abilities with helping on this particular issue

Somebodyyyy! help! help! loan me your brains, anyone?

Buccee

Quote from: Shinzy on August 29, 2014, 02:57:21 AM

I really hope I could help you, too! =/ I can join you in the confusion there =P
I've only experienced few black screens myself with activating some various mods

Oh and I really hate to ask this but would you kindly like to redownload/reinstall the game and/or the mod
I'm really sorry, this is the extent of my abilities with helping on this particular issue

Hmm i redownloaded the game and tried out some more mods

The meteorite mod & the blasting charges worked somehow...

Project Armory and your Apparello mod not :/

When i activate them and try to get back to the main menu of rimworld it looks like the mod tab is frozen when i check the task manager it says '' rimworld not responding anymore '' after that i only got this black screen when i try to restart the game

Maybe i need to wait longer (because more content?) until the game drops me back to the main menu but i wait around for like 5min  ???

Maybe the causing for this issue is the translation into my language (Rimworld is not in english by default) but why the meteorite mod works?

Hmmm still confused  :D

Shinzy

Quote from: Buccee on August 29, 2014, 04:39:31 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on August 29, 2014, 02:57:21 AM

Hmm i redownloaded the game and tried out some more mods

The meteorite mod & the blasting charges worked somehow...

Project Armory and your Apparello mod not :/

When i activate them and try to get back to the main menu of rimworld it looks like the mod tab is frozen when i check the task manager it says '' rimworld not responding anymore '' after that i only got this black screen when i try to restart the game

Maybe i need to wait longer (because more content?) until the game drops me back to the main menu but i wait around for like 5min  ???

Maybe the causing for this issue is the translation into my language (Rimworld is not in english by default) but why the meteorite mod works?

Hmmm still confused  :D

Hm, Project armory and apparello both have lots textures/items to load so it could be linked to that
I'm unsure what you could do to avoid the issue

It really does seem like the bigger file sized mods might be causing it
so waiting might help but if you have to wait over 5 minutes it might just not be worth it =P

I could possibly try to make really stripped down version of the mod for you if you want (as in maybe only hats included) if it is indeed caused by the mod's size
But imma not jump into any conclusions just yet cause I'm just as confused as you are!

Ptolisgoodguy

I might be able to help with project armory, First: how did you download it. was it with 7-zip / WinRaR
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!