[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zbysiek12345

I create new colony to share log with you. No big problems for me now (No children, hehe) but when I was playing i get few errors and I get one game crash. I never get game crash in my 740h gameplay before update to 3.0.0, but after update CHaP sometimes I get 3 chrashes and sometimes exiting to windows last forewer. I can test on ubuntu 20.04 if you want. cheers
https://gist.github.com/4c01c15b136951553167e3d9f3cbf3af

Tenshi~Akari

I came back back to this mod slightly confused with the way children are working in terms of apparel. Naturally, I'm getting the pink boxes bug & associated red error because there aren't any available apparel textures for the "Child" body type. For example:

Failed to find any textures at Accessorello/Cargopants/Pants_Child while constructing Multi(initPath=Accessorello/Cargopants/Pants_Child, color=RGBA(0.439, 0.318, 0.255, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Graphic_Multi:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(String, Shader, Vector2, Color)
RimWorld.ApparelGraphicRecordGetter:DMD<DMD<TryGetGraphicApparel_Patch1>?562716416::TryGetGraphicApparel_Patch1>(Apparel, BodyTypeDef, ApparelGraphicRecord&)
FactionColors.HarmonyPatches:ResolveApparelGraphicsOriginal(PawnGraphicSet)
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:DMD<DMD<ResolveApparelGraphics_Patch3>?986609792::ResolveApparelGraphics_Patch3>(PawnGraphicSet)
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:DMD<DMD<ResolveAllGraphics_Patch5>?407691904::ResolveAllGraphics_Patch5>(PawnGraphicSet)
Verse.PawnRenderer:DMD<DMD<RenderPawnAt_Patch4>?-1435562496::RenderPawnAt_Patch4>(PawnRenderer, Vector3, RotDrawMode, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.PawnRenderer:DMD<DMD<RenderPawnAt_Patch2>?-207425280::RenderPawnAt_Patch2>(PawnRenderer, Vector3)
Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker:DrawAt(Vector3)
Verse.Pawn:DrawAt(Vector3, Boolean)
Verse.Thing:Draw()
Verse.ThingWithComps:Draw()
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DMD<DMD<DrawDynamicThings_Patch1>?1976350336::DrawDynamicThings_Patch1>(DynamicDrawManager)
Verse.Map:DMD<DMD<MapUpdate_Patch1>?-536885120::MapUpdate_Patch1>(Map)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

The only way it goes away is if children don't wear clothing... which is pretty much impossible to stay that way in order for them to survive in this game.  :P

I do get the concept of adding a fully functional Child body type, seeing as the original method also had bugs when drawing re-scaled Thin apparel on children (with any apparel item that had the same material & was warn by both a child & thin pawn ended up with both having the child-sized clothing). It seems like a massive effort ahead in terms of compatibility with the many apparel mods available on this part, though. :o Is this part something that is still in the works in terms of expansion graphic-wise, or is it going to be something else that is bound to change again in future updates? (Asking since I'm working on my own personal graphics replacement project for Rimworld.)

I also still seem to get this bug that pops up whenever I load/save or generate new worlds:

Exception getting types in assembly RimWorldChildren, Version=1.0.7471.13166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.<get_AllTypes>d__4:MoveNext()
System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1:MoveNext()
RimWorld.Planet.World:FillComponents()
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeComponents()
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(World&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(World&, String, Object[])
Verse.Game:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Game&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Game&, String, Object[])
Verse.<>c:<SaveGame>b__13_0()
Verse.SafeSaver:DoSave(String, String, Action)
Verse.SafeSaver:Save(String, String, Action, Boolean)
Verse.GameDataSaveLoader:DMD<DMD<SaveGame_Patch4>?369603200::SaveGame_Patch4>(String)
aRandomKiwi.ARS.<>c__DisplayClass0_0:<Listener>b__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:DMD<DMD<Update_Patch1>?-90420992::Update_Patch1>(Root)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
[code]

The above error happens both with and without other mods enabled (outside of the required for this to run).

devestatingconsequences

I'm having an issue with the game speed when one baby aged up to crawling. The game speed won't allow for any adjustments, and slows to slow motion, lower than even the base speed. This continues to happen until the baby either eats or is fed. This happens with any crawling or older aged baby, and seems related to when the babies cry.

None of the babies/toddlers can reach a sleep value over 15% either, and even if assigned to sleep they wake up at that point.

I do have other mods, but none that should conflict with this (just psychology, hospitality and prepare carefully).

GhostData

[quote author=Tenshi~Akari link=topic=51258.msg480154#msg480154 date=1592268914]
I came back back to this mod slightly confused with the way children are working in terms of apparel. Naturally, I'm getting the pink boxes bug & associated red error because there aren't any available apparel textures for the "Child" body type. For example:

The only way it goes away is if children don't wear clothing... which is pretty much impossible to stay that way in order for them to survive in this game.  :P

I do get the concept of adding a fully functional Child body type, seeing as the original method also had bugs when drawing re-scaled Thin apparel on children (with any apparel item that had the same material & was warn by both a child & thin pawn ended up with both having the child-sized clothing). It seems like a massive effort ahead in terms of compatibility with the many apparel mods available on this part, though. :o Is this part something that is still in the works in terms of expansion graphic-wise, or is it going to be something else that is bound to change again in future updates? (Asking since I'm working on my own personal graphics replacement project for Rimworld.)

I also still seem to get this bug that pops up whenever I load/save or generate new worlds:

The above error happens both with and without other mods enabled (outside of the required for this to run).

[/quote]

The way we handle clothing right now is technically the same as before with some changes. The def has an optional setting for clothesBodyType, which is basically a secondary body to use as a reference for grabbing and scaling clothing graphics designed for a different body. The "thin" body graphics are close enough to what we need, so we just scale them. I will say that all features are subject to change, but I intend to focus my efforts on the more-broken parts of this mod for a long while, so I don't see apparel changing.
Curious though that you're getting null graphics on an apparel mod. Do they not provide a thin graphic?

Someone else has also reported the types exception. I'll look into it again. edit: Was this with or without alien races? I have tried both and cant replicate the error on world gen or save/load

Quote from: devestatingconsequences on June 15, 2020, 11:55:24 PM
I'm having an issue with the game speed when one baby aged up to crawling. The game speed won't allow for any adjustments, and slows to slow motion, lower than even the base speed. This continues to happen until the baby either eats or is fed. This happens with any crawling or older aged baby, and seems related to when the babies cry.

None of the babies/toddlers can reach a sleep value over 15% either, and even if assigned to sleep they wake up at that point.

I do have other mods, but none that should conflict with this (just psychology, hospitality and prepare carefully).
When you say it wont allow any adjustments, do you mean it locked the other 3 settings, or that it just slowed to a crawl even on max speed?
Sounds like a performance issue with the job.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Tragix on June 16, 2020, 09:05:48 AM
The way we handle clothing right now is technically the same as before with some changes. The def has an optional setting for clothesBodyType, which is basically a secondary body to use as a reference for grabbing and scaling clothing graphics designed for a different body. The "thin" body graphics are close enough to what we need, so we just scale them. I will say that all features are subject to change, but I intend to focus my efforts on the more-broken parts of this mod for a long while, so I don't see apparel changing.
Curious though that you're getting null graphics on an apparel mod. Do they not provide a thin graphic?

That's the weird part. It's just any apparel, and naturally all the apparel mods I have enabled have the Thin body type... it's just for some odd reason, something is looking for the "_Child" body type version instead of drawing from the Thin graphic already available, which is why I was initially confused. This happened without other mods enabled outside of Harmony and HugsLib, so I don't know...  :o

Someone else has also reported the types exception. I'll look into it again. edit: Was this with or without alien races? I have tried both and cant replicate the error on world gen or save/load

Nope, I don't have HAR enabled... I was going to try it finally, but there was some bug that was preventing pawns from eating for some reason and I was waiting on an update for that.

But coming to realize it now, it probably matters to mention that I do have the Royalty DLC installed (all game data is updated currently to ver. 1.1.2654), and that might be the main answer a lot of the issues I'm coming across.  :-[

junkmetal

Sorry, I can't english

Use Kijin race, Faction generation bug

devestatingconsequences

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on June 15, 2020, 08:55:14 PM
When you say it wont allow any adjustments, do you mean it locked the other 3 settings, or that it just slowed to a crawl even on max speed?

The latter. It's slowed to a crawl regardless of what you press, but you can press things. It stays in crawl mode regardless of anything else until the baby is picked up to be fed, or feeds itself. It also only happens with crawling aged and higher babies (crib babies are fine), and continues even to the "standing" aged babies.

Hilvon1984

I am having similar issue. Possibly related I noticed that when a child is hungry somewhere, pawns assigned to Childcare might grab a grown up colonist, drag them to bed and feed. So there is likely a bug with "feed baby" job making iterate over too many targets.
Also might be a pathfinding bug, because the lag seems to get worse if there are doors between the baby and possible food.

Also it is a bit annoying that babies don't seem to seek food on their own till they are completely starving, while the lags and "Feeding abductions" starts when they get slightly hungry.

Also a major problem I am having with my setup is with Hygiene mod. Basically crib babies can't get drinks for themselves, childcare does not seem to include "GiveDrink" job, and they don't count as ill, so nurces don't bring them drink as well. I managed to work around it by making "administer Garden Tea" bills as an operation every day... but that was tidious. Might help if you add "bring drink" task to Childcare job, and potentially making "Breastfeeding" fulfill Thirst need...

birdthany

Hi! I just made an account on the forums for this, since in Steam comments you said to come here.

I started a new save with androids tiers installed once I saw that the 3.0 version of this mod works with them. And it does work better than before for sure, but the socialization is still funny- in addition to having normal conversations, androids will still have people play pattycake etc. with them pretty often.

Am also experiencing the bug where pawns grab each other to try and feed them whenever there's a hungry baby somewhere.

There's an issue with toddler/infant clothing that insulates against heat- The value for insulation is negative, which makes it so that it's actually worse than wearing nothing.

There's a really annoying bug where babies and toddlers won't sleep until they become Tired instead of just when they're Drowsy, even if they're scheduled to sleep. They wake up as soon as they hit 15% rest. Even anesthetizing didn't work for me. This is really annoying because Childcare pawns won't do Recreation with babies when they're asleep, and so the constant drifting in and out of sleep makes a caretaker who's far away start running to the baby as soon as it wakes up, then abandon them again when the baby falls asleep, repeat ad infinitum.

This isn't about a bug, but I am curious: Is there support for Psychology as far as inherited traits goes? For example could a baby inherit Heavy Sleeper? Could they even inherit something like Polyamorous?
Also not really a bug but a mod interaction that you might want to patch, not sure- sorting by Skill in the Numbers tab allows the player to see what a baby or toddler's passions will be when they age up.

As for a suggestion, can I suggest that children maybe have a slight boost to their learning speed at the cost of some self-control? Similar to the Too Smart trait, but tweaked a bit. As it is there aren't really any strong benefits to having children around, especially ones who are recruited rather than birthed, but something like that could make them more of a viable long-term skill investment. I'd also suggest that the mood debuffs for "Innocent prisoner died," "Observed corpse," "Colonist died," etc be separated from vanilla in the case of children's deaths, so it can be slightly higher without stacking an additional time.

Anyway, thank you for the great mod! I'm sure it's a ton of hard work. :D

GhostData

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on June 16, 2020, 05:36:33 PM
That's the weird part. It's just any apparel, and naturally all the apparel mods I have enabled have the Thin body type... it's just for some odd reason, something is looking for the "_Child" body type version instead of drawing from the Thin graphic already available, which is why I was initially confused. This happened without other mods enabled outside of Harmony and HugsLib, so I don't know...  :o

Nope, I don't have HAR enabled... I was going to try it finally, but there was some bug that was preventing pawns from eating for some reason and I was waiting on an update for that.

But coming to realize it now, it probably matters to mention that I do have the Royalty DLC installed (all game data is updated currently to ver. 1.1.2654), and that might be the main answer a lot of the issues I'm coming across.  :-[
If you're getting this issue with only CNP and dependencies, have you performed a clean CNP install? That is, delete the CNP folder entirely and reinstall it.  Especially with vanilla clothing, i can't think of any reason why it would try to resolve the clothing graphics using the Child body type - unless the def has been modified or something like that. If you want to upload a save file that is currently experiencing the bug, I can try it out on my side.

Quote from: devestatingconsequences on June 17, 2020, 06:07:18 AM
The latter. It's slowed to a crawl regardless of what you press, but you can press things. It stays in crawl mode regardless of anything else until the baby is picked up to be fed, or feeds itself. It also only happens with crawling aged and higher babies (crib babies are fine), and continues even to the "standing" aged babies.
I took a look at this and made some changes based on the vanilla Rescue job. I was able to get the driver runtime from 1.2ms to 0.5ms, which seemed to clear up the stutter for me. I do run a fairly high end rig, so performance on other PCs may still stink. I've got a handful of PCs i could test with, but the only one that would have any performance issues with Rimworld won't run the game at all! Try out the latest version and see if that helps. I'll keep working on fixing performance issues as we go.

Quote from: Hilvon1984 on June 17, 2020, 06:58:55 AM
Also it is a bit annoying that babies don't seem to seek food on their own till they are completely starving, while the lags and "Feeding abductions" starts when they get slightly hungry.

Also a major problem I am having with my setup is with Hygiene mod. Basically crib babies can't get drinks for themselves, childcare does not seem to include "GiveDrink" job, and they don't count as ill, so nurces don't bring them drink as well. I managed to work around it by making "administer Garden Tea" bills as an operation every day... but that was tidious. Might help if you add "bring drink" task to Childcare job, and potentially making "Breastfeeding" fulfill Thirst need...
So i keep getting reports for the "take androids to crib" and now apparently "Take adults to crib" bugs, but I haven't been able to replicate these at all. There are a number of checks that should prevent both from happening with a standard config setup.
Did you perform a clean install of CNP and start a new save after the 3.0.0 release?
One of the checks we perform on the "take to crib and feed" job is whether or not a pawn should use a crib at all at their current life stage. The only I can think that this check would fail is if an adult pawn was somehow reporting a toddler's lifestage index, which should also cause them to render weird.

After the trouble getting Alien Races to cooperate, I don't plan any additional mod support until I can figure out how to properly handle soft dependencies. I need to be able to compile with Bad Hygiene as a dependency to support it, but allow players to run CNP without Bad Hygiene installed. I thought I had figured it out with HAR, but I still see reports of type load exceptions when running CNP, so who knows.
I think Bad Hygiene handled thirst by patching the feeding jobs, which old versions of CNP also used. We now have our own job, hence thirst is no longer handled. Fixing this is definitely on the to-do list, just a lower priority right now.

Quote from: birdthany on June 17, 2020, 09:00:54 PM
Hi! I just made an account on the forums for this, since in Steam comments you said to come here.

I started a new save with androids tiers installed once I saw that the 3.0 version of this mod works with them. And it does work better than before for sure, but the socialization is still funny- in addition to having normal conversations, androids will still have people play pattycake etc. with them pretty often.

Am also experiencing the bug where pawns grab each other to try and feed them whenever there's a hungry baby somewhere.

There's an issue with toddler/infant clothing that insulates against heat- The value for insulation is negative, which makes it so that it's actually worse than wearing nothing.

There's a really annoying bug where babies and toddlers won't sleep until they become Tired instead of just when they're Drowsy, even if they're scheduled to sleep. They wake up as soon as they hit 15% rest. Even anesthetizing didn't work for me. This is really annoying because Childcare pawns won't do Recreation with babies when they're asleep, and so the constant drifting in and out of sleep makes a caretaker who's far away start running to the baby as soon as it wakes up, then abandon them again when the baby falls asleep, repeat ad infinitum.

This isn't about a bug, but I am curious: Is there support for Psychology as far as inherited traits goes? For example could a baby inherit Heavy Sleeper? Could they even inherit something like Polyamorous?
Also not really a bug but a mod interaction that you might want to patch, not sure- sorting by Skill in the Numbers tab allows the player to see what a baby or toddler's passions will be when they age up.

As for a suggestion, can I suggest that children maybe have a slight boost to their learning speed at the cost of some self-control? Similar to the Too Smart trait, but tweaked a bit. As it is there aren't really any strong benefits to having children around, especially ones who are recruited rather than birthed, but something like that could make them more of a viable long-term skill investment. I'd also suggest that the mood debuffs for "Innocent prisoner died," "Observed corpse," "Colonist died," etc be separated from vanilla in the case of children's deaths, so it can be slightly higher without stacking an additional time.

Anyway, thank you for the great mod! I'm sure it's a ton of hard work. :D

For androids, was this on a new save with a clean install of cnp? Androids should no longer qualify "living" races anymore, and shouldn't be eligible for any CNP features outside of maybe the childcare job. Is it a young android? Which tier is it?
For Adults being babied, when you say hungry baby, do you mean a crib-bound infant? Or any toddler? Having trouble replicating this one, so any additional information or a save file that demonstrates it will be helpful.

I went ahead and adjusted the insulation values on the baby onesie and hat. I haven't visited clothing since I started maintaining  the project. I pulled the new values from the tuque and jacket.

We force babies and toddlers to wake up at 15% minimum rest if they are "unhappy." So if they are wounded, hungry, or need social. I'll replicate and see if there's anything we can do to mitigate the problem. It should probably handle similar to social needs of a bed ridden pawn, i think.

Support for Psychology is not planned, but the framework for the mod to register its traits it in place already. I feel this is a case where the other mod ought to provide a patch if they're interested. In the case of Bad Hygiene, the other mod does not work due to CNPs features, so a patch on our side makes sense. In Psychology's case, both mods function perfectly fine independently. I'm not on a mission to bring in every mod under the sun for support.

Your last point brings up a really interesting question. Why use CNP at all? What do children bring to the gameplay? As an oldschool Dwarf Fortress player, my answer would be "It doesn't have to add anything at all." I think it is perfectly fine for children to be nothing but a burden on the colony. Both DF and Rimworld suffer from timescale problems - Rimworld even more so. The average long colony may last a decade, and at that point the player will have researched everything, outfitted everyone in fancy gear, and will have basically done everything there is to do. The average fort on DF will last maybe 10-15 years assuming FPS death doesn't kill the game for you.
In both of these cases, there is barely enough time for a newborn pawn at the beginning of the game to mature and be useful.

The timescale problem is a difficult one to fix in a game like Rimworld. Every single thing a pawn does needs to be slowed down. Researching a nuclear reactor would need to take years for the life cycles of pawns to ever come into play. One reason I love the hardcore SK modlist is that it makes the entire game last longer. But because of this timescale, it's difficult to try to justify a children mod using rewards like better skills or what have you.

So, my take on why someone would choose to use this mod: They want to roleplay. I think the only reason someone might use this mod is for the additional challenge and RP/story telling opportunities that comes with having children in a game like this. To that end, while I won't say there will be no changes to make children more viable or useful, I will never set out to make children rewarding. I believe an overseer who allows children into their colony should be taking on a liability rather than an asset.
I believe there are already some "child colonist died" memories. I definitely agree on that mark, there should be bigger consequences when dealing with children in certain scenarios - slave trading, vat growing, other ethical questions.

3.0.3 released
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/tags/v3.0.3

Hilvon1984

Quote from: Tragix on June 18, 2020, 01:15:50 PM
Did you perform a clean install of CNP and start a new save after the 3.0.0 release?

No. And truth be told there are many potential mod conflicts that might be causing this. Will try a fresh start and let you know if problem surfaces again. Though it is a little tricky to replicate since you have to get a child born first... :)

One of the checks we perform on the "take to crib and feed" job is whether or not a pawn should use a crib at all at their current life stage.
They are not actually taking the adults to the crib. They drag them to their designated bed/sleeping spot.
The activity in on the pawn doing the feeding though says "Taking [NAME] to crib to feed [FOOD]".

Fixing this is definitely on the to-do list, just a lower priority right now.

Fair enough. And I do appreciate your great work on this mod!
On a separate side note, would it be possible to expose pregnancy chance to Mod options? Might help with debugging issues like above...
Also can you add "fertile" and "barren" character traits that modify base pregnancy chance?

Unit501

[quote author=Tenshi~Akari link=topic=51258.msg480154#msg480154 date=1592268914]

Quote from: devestatingconsequences on June 15, 2020, 11:55:24 PM

[/quote]

https://gist.github.com/fdd68c63b331ad0db9d6052fa8c02f6f

Here's my github of the log with the same error if maybe this helps with pinpointing, the only mods I have that effect clothing are Vanilla apparel expanded, Avali mod, Orassan. I'm only using Vanilla clothes on the child pawn.

lbmaian

After the trouble getting Alien Races to cooperate, I don't plan any additional mod support until I can figure out how to properly handle soft dependencies.

To get soft dependencies to work, you must be aware of .NET type lazy loading works.

When a method that directly references a type - regardless of runtime checks (like only conditionally patching) - the .NET runtime will attempt to load that type. Obviously, if that type is in another assembly and that assembly doesn't exist at runtime, a TypeLoadException is thrown. (This also matters for whether the static constructor is run.)

You have two alternative ways of accessing another type while respecting runtime conditions within a method:

1) Use only reflection. Never directly reference a type in the other assembly in the method.

2) Wrap all access to types in the other assembly in its own type (and methods), even as a nested type (loading a type does NOT automatically load types nested within that type), and conditionally use that type (and call its methods).

2a) One very convenient trick is to wrap all access to those types in a lambda like this:
((Action)(() =>
{
    // all code that access types in other assembly goes here
}))();

This takes advantage of the fact that lambdas are compiled into an internal class (i.e. another type) which the calling method then uses.

Tenshi~Akari

Okay, I have found my derp moment here: the pink box bug actually ended up being a conflict with Ohu's Faction Colors mod. For some reason, I had it enabled on my "bare bones/test" mod list by accident. After disabling it, childrens' clothing started showing up as normal.

(This ends up as a minor tragedy on my end. That was the only alternative I could work with for advanced apparel recoloring in lieu of the GraphicApparelDetour.dll file that used to work in Ancient Rim's Core prior to the move to 1.1... oh well.)

The "Exception getting types in assembly RimWorldChildren, Version=1.0.7471.13166, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" error is still appearing, however. Not sure what to do about that. I also triple checked this time to make sure it was JUST the necessary mods, and it's still throwing it upon loading and saving.

If you still need a save for this one, I can gladly upload my test map when I get back to my laptop. But I think the major concern with the graphics is actually solved on that part.

(Now if only there was a way to make Facial Stuff not override the resizing of C&P like it used to. Naturally, it's something on that mod's end, but not expecting any fixes since the author has since gone silent again and probably won't come back any time soon...)

Edit - Forgot to answer the first question: I always do clean installs with mods, so yes, I did make sure to back up & delete the old data from the folder before updating to the new one.

birdthany

QuoteFor androids, was this on a new save with a clean install of cnp? Androids should no longer qualify "living" races anymore, and shouldn't be eligible for any CNP features outside of maybe the childcare job. Is it a young android? Which tier is it?
For Adults being babied, when you say hungry baby, do you mean a crib-bound infant? Or any toddler? Having trouble replicating this one, so any additional information or a save file that demonstrates it will be helpful.

It is a new save with a clean install. I don't remember the details of the androids, because I don't actually have the android pawns, I witnessed it with a guest caravan from an android faction. It seemed to be a variety of tiers.

For adults being babied, it's happened with both infants and toddlers. It's not super common, fortunately. None of the bugs I discussed are game-breaking, they're all harmless to mildly irritating. 

QuoteWe force babies and toddlers to wake up at 15% minimum rest if they are "unhappy." So if they are wounded, hungry, or need social. I'll replicate and see if there's anything we can do to mitigate the problem. It should probably handle similar to social needs of a bed ridden pawn, i think.

I've been experiencing the babies and toddlers constantly drifting in and out of sleep at 15% rest regardless of their needs, and this message makes me think that it might be an additional conflict with Bad Hygiene. The other pawns seem to be washing the baby fine, and I don't have Thirst enabled, but since it's a mod that messes with needs it seems possible that it's the culprit? Is it possible that maybe the babies are waking up whenever their Hygiene bar isn't 100% full or something like that?

Thank you for fixing the clothes and for your answer about Psychology :) I understand and agree with most of what you're saying about the children being supposed to be a hindrance, but I do still think a Too Smart type default for kids would be cool, even just as a toggleable option. It doesn't have to be enough for the kids to be worth it but it would add some realism and flavor. Like, kids having an extra knack for picking stuff up but also being very prone to throw tantrums or try to fight people is pretty true-to-life :P