[1.1.2579] Smoke Spewer from Quest does nothing?

Started by MoronicCinamun, March 26, 2020, 12:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoronicCinamun

So I had a quest that was basically "should you accept, you'll gain favor and some stuff and a smoke spewer will spawn, you serving as a distraction".

I accept it, immediately get favor and rewards, and the smoke spewer spawns on world map. But that spewer appears to not actually do anything? I've never encountered one before, and wiki suggests it does indeed block out the sun, but I'm guessing it won't even "activate" until I visit it at least once?

Because right now it has just been sitting there on the world map for about a season, and there is no reason to bother since it has appeared to do nothing.

Canute

Check at your colony map, at the right side there should be appear a new condition smoke.... reduce sunlight i think.
Basicly it isn't a very bad thing, except you still have outdoor farming.

ison

Could you please upload the savefile so we can take a look?

MoronicCinamun

Whoops guess I was late, somehow never saw this response and forgot about it.

I decided now that I have drop pods to drop in, and then it occurred to me to check this thread!
As I suspected in OP, the smoke spewer didn't start up until I landed. It had a lone sleeping lancer, easily killed with a single blow of my warhammer, God Splitter.

So I don't know if these saves will help you at all, now that I triggered the event. I'm hoping the .old one is the autosave which would have the event before I visited, never done this before. Let me know if this link works, even when compressed Forum wouldn't let them in, everything seems legit from my end. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1In3li5ceJNziT8cXm6e1rHAZ45yt0RdM/view?usp=sharing

Nowhere