14 years into my first 1.1 game, where are all the cool items from 1.0/B18?

Started by logikzer0, March 28, 2020, 12:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logikzer0

I started a playthrough on 1.1 as soon as it came out, and I am about 14 years on the planet at this point.  I am offered new 1.1 psychic stuff frequently for quest rewards, but I have yet to see any of the exotic and cool stuff from previous builds:  Orbital targeters, tornado generator, mech serums, antigrain warheads, techprofs, or ANY of the exotic structures like the vanometric power cell and chemreactor.  Not a single one even offered.  So many of my quests are just relation gains.  Is this normal?

Also, I started out on the side of the empire, but failed the final quest and decided to renounce my titles and go rogue.  Since then (6 years in game) I have been at -100 relations with the empire but have NEVER been raided by them whatsoever.  I constantly get offered quests to improve my relations with them, however.  Did I break something when I initially went down that quest line and then changed course?   Anyone else have any similar experience?

I was playing Merciless Cassandra.  I just recently (in the last year in-game) switched to Randy to see if something might change.

HomelessAbe

The items are all still there, it just seems they're more diluted because as far as rewards go they have to compete with all the extra stuff showing up in the pool of items that can be selected from as a reward, and the DLC seems to bias towards the psycasting related items. Or at least that's my theory.

Since 1.1 and the DLC I've still gotten all the items you've listed as a reward at least once, but they've definitely seem to have become even more scarce as a reward. I don't think you've broken anything, sounds just like extremely bad luck. This info is coming from a pre 1.0 colony that's nearly 80 years old now.

Canute

Basicly the same like at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=51356.0
It is still there, but 1.1 add more of these valueable stuff so your favoured old are kinda rare now.

Bozobub

Makes sense to me; Mech serums, for example, SHOULD be pretty rare.
Thanks, belgord!

logikzer0

I can live with the fact that I just got unlucky I suppose.  I wonder if it matters what part of the planet you land on like some have theorized?  I guess my solution for now is to use a mod that just offers more quests more often.

Bozobub

Quote from: logikzer0 on March 28, 2020, 01:34:09 PM
I can live with the fact that I just got unlucky I suppose.  I wonder if it matters what part of the planet you land on like some have theorized?  I guess my solution for now is to use a mod that just offers more quests more often.
I'd guess that location only matters, re: how many settlements are nearby.
Thanks, belgord!