[1.1] Pawns incapable of violence can't equip psyfocus staff

Started by bas, March 31, 2020, 07:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bas

I have an Esquire that is incapable of violence, he's quite useful since he can burden enemies even though he is incapable of violence.
I bought him a nice psyfocus staff, but he cannot equip it, because he's not capable of violence.

I'd argue this is a bug, and I see two solutions:
- make it so that any pawn capable of psychic abilities should be able to equip psychic tools
- make pawn incapable of violence also incapable of psychic abilities

Canute

The Psyfocus staff is a regular mellee weapon too, when you check the stats you notice it got a DPS value.

It is more a bug, that a pawn who is incapable of violence can use burden on other, basicly burden is a violence.

bas

@Canute, I agree with you, see my second suggestion in the report  ;)
That said, the primary purpose of a psyfocus staff isn't melee. So I could also imagine that non-violent people can equip it as a tool rather than as a weapon.
(I've always assumed the non-equipability was a UI-tweak, to make it explicit early on that a pawn can't do something, rather than at the time he's already positioned for combat)

Whether the non-violent would consider casting burden on someone as violence.. I'll leave that to the philosophers among us.  :D