Main Menu not showing up

Started by Chmuurkaa, June 04, 2020, 06:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chmuurkaa

So I have this problem since 1.1 release that when I start the game, there's the loading screen
It shows it does something
loading defs
and then initializing
After few seconds music starts playing, but the game still shows it's initializing
I hear the cursor hovering over the buttons, and I can start the game this way, if I remember the position of all the buttons on the screen, but for all the time I still see the loading screen saying "Initializing"
I have to restart the game ~3 times for it to launch properly, so it shows me the main menu
But only in vanilla
Each single mod, adds up around 5 more required restarts for launching the game with the main menu visible

I noticed that when the game won't show me the main menu, there's never "Loading/Initializing(?) Interface" on the loading screen
If after "Initializing" if "Loading/Initializing(?) Interface" is shown in the loading screen, then I'm sure the game will launch with the main menu visible. If not, and if after "Initializing" main menu music starts playing, then it's a stuck

It's like the game forgets "Loading/Initializing(?) Interface" while loading the game, and because of that, the main menu is not showing up. It is there, because I can click the buttons, and I hear the sounds of clicking them etc, but the main menu won't show up

Canute

Hi,
since you mention that you can hear the mouse move over the button... i think Rimworld basicly works fine, but didn't get displayed proper.
Did you try to update the videodriver yet ?
Do you have maybe 2 videocards maybe an onboard videocard that don't get disabled, so that videocard get used ?

If these tips didn't help allready, could you please post the logfile from an attemp the main menu didn't show up ?
To locate the logfile take a look at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
To attach file's to your answer you need to use the "Reply" button to see file attachment options.