Something broke my outfits tab

Started by Stormdrake, June 18, 2020, 02:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormdrake

Hi i just received this error when trying to sort my clothing https://gist.github.com/ad6318c8b74aa77c42d55b358af8c422 its only the outfit tab but i have no idea what this error means, i can still modify food and drug policies its only clothing that is being weird. The actual Error is right at the bottom on that link provided

Canute

Hi,
could you please delete all none 1.1 mods from your Mods folder.
Or when you use 1.0 mods, update these.
Dinosauria, is active but i see
"Mod Dinosauria: targetVersion field is obsolete, use supportedVersions instead."
which is a sign that these version is outdated.
Not sure about the other mods.
Even when the mod isn't active Rimworld browser throw them, throw out errors and increase the startup time.

About the outfit manager, did you maybe disable some mods and these stuff still could be part of the policy ?
Try to delete the current outfits and create new ones.

Stormdrake

i know Dinosauria is out of date, but it's also the most up to date version on here and it doesn't cause an issue, as for the clothing i don't know whats causing it, it has happened on the tailor bench now too i don't know how to explain it it's like the scroll isn't there, it has also happened for apparel in any stockpile list, the only apparel mod i have is Vanilla Expanded and i haven't removed any mods since starting this save, it happened about 10 minutes before posting this thread and a restart didn't fix it

Canute

Restart never help, safe and loading could help in rare cases, but mosttimes it even made it worse.

Just try to check if the same problem happen at a new colony. If you enable developer mode, you can use the quickstart feature from hugslib (top right icon) to create pretty fast a test colony.
Just place some power, workbenches with godmode, maybe instant finish nessesary researches, and check if the same happen when you add the same bill like at the other game.
If the problem happen, fine, then you just need to deactivate some mod's and try it again until you find the mod.

Stormdrake

i just deactivated Vanilla Apparel Expanded, that was the issue upon loading without it everything is normal, it's a shame i liked the mod but i need the outfits to stop my colonists wearing tattered crap now i am reliably crafting new gear

Canute

Didn't expect that either, that mod inconspicuous when i looked at the mod discussion.
Just try to unsubscribe so all get deleted, and resubscribe. Maybe some files got corrupted.

Stormdrake

there is no unsub and resub, i'm not on steam

Canute

Ohh i thought that is a workshop only mod.
The forum link here is only the 1.0 version, if you used that, that could be the issue.

If you like to use workshop mods, you should take a look at the Offline modmanager RimPy.
Get the latest developer build from discord, install SteamCMD, then you can download and even update workshop mods without steam account.

Stormdrake

sounds good, thanks man i'll take a look at it