Pawns getting hurt at random

Started by qyvalar, June 19, 2020, 06:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qyvalar

Hello everyone! First time here

As I'm sure many do, I.. have a problem with mods. And I mean, I tend to overdo it. I fully understand this might be unfixable, but I thought I'd try anyways.

Basically, everything was working fine and dandy (mostly, random console spam aside that wasn't really having an effect on gameplay). My PC then had a bluescreen, no biggie, just lost a day of progress. I went to load the previous save, and went on my way.

Problem is, after a few minutes, I started noticing a new console error, this time constant. At the same time, random pawns started getting hurt, bruises started popping up at random. Since I have rimworld of magic, I though, "huh, weird, must have missed a social fight or something, let's pop a healing spell", and that's when I noticed, every time I cast a spell, the caster gets hurt. Bruises, again.

Log is attached here

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/0f6defc4a03fdb9dd37cab1b7ca32182

my guess is somehow, the pawns should be getting some headiff related to a mod, but instead they take damage? I'm not really sure tbh what really is happening..

Savefile attached too

If anyone could help, would be amazing! Thank you all!

Canute

Hi,
you have an repeating error about VisiblePants for many pawn's, but i don't think that is the reason that pawn's get hurt.
You can try to move the mod at the end of the modlist or near the top of it and check if that help.
Or totaly remove it.
Hint: RimPy is an offline modmanager, where you can adjust the modlist before you start rimworld, since you have a longer modlist it could safe you a few minutes.

The other error is saw is about GiddyUpRideAndRoll, and i don't think either that these would do any damage.

Since you mention Rim of Magic, do you have currently any visitor/guests/caravan on your map, so maybe they got a magican with an active areaeffect spell ?

Beside that i have no idea's and the log don't say anything. And since i don't use steam it would be too much work for my to get all these mods to use the safegame.

qyvalar

Thank you for the help!

I have removed visible pants and indeed the log spam has disappeared.

I have checked, and I do have visitors, but they are not spellcasters (and one of them has the flu too).

I tried having my mimic cast another ability, and immediately they took damage, a crack on the left femur and a bruise on the leg. My ranger also took damage without using any skill, but these two things popped up in the log (the first is yellow, the second is red)

Exception in SetupToils for pawn Raegan driver=TMJobDriver_CastAbilityVerb (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(TMCastAbilityVerb (Job_608592) A=Thing_Human582540)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TorannMagic.TMJobDriver_CastAbilityVerb+<MakeNewToils>d__5.MoveNext () [0x000e9] in <b7f8e1f565bf4087a80f9ccaf6098924>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.DMD<DMD<SetupToils_Patch2>?-1914273920::SetupToils_Patch2>(Verse.AI.JobDriver)
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:DMD<DMD<TryStartErrorRecoverJob_Patch1>?-323143040::TryStartErrorRecoverJob_Patch1>(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DMD<DMD<SetupToils_Patch2>?-1914273920::SetupToils_Patch2>(JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ExposeData()
Verse.PostLoadIniter:DoAllPostLoadInits()
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:DMD<DMD<LoadGame_Patch4>?35094400::LoadGame_Patch4>(Game)
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:DMD<DMD<LoadGameFromSaveFileNow_Patch3>?-234577792::LoadGameFromSaveFileNow_Patch3>(String)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__1_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

Attempted to calculate value for disabled stat AimingDelayFactor; this is meant as a consistency check, either set the stat to neverDisabled or ensure this pawn cannot accidentally use this stat (thing=Bilrro)
Verse.Log:DMD<DMD<Error_Patch1>?1494577408::Error_Patch1>(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
RimWorld.StatWorker:DMD<DMD<GetValueUnfinalized_Patch3>?1947212160::GetValueUnfinalized_Patch3>(StatWorker, StatRequest, Boolean)
RimWorld.StatWorker:GetValue(StatRequest, Boolean)
RimWorld.StatWorker:GetValue(Thing, Boolean)
RimWorld.StatExtension:DMD<DMD<GetStatValue_Patch3>?976370304::GetStatValue_Patch3>(Thing, StatDef, Boolean)
TorannMagic.<>c__DisplayClass5_0:<MakeNewToils>b__0()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DMD<DMD<StartJob_Patch3>?1904521984::StartJob_Patch3>(Pawn_JobTracker, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DMD<DMD<EndCurrentJob_Patch2>?-392000000::EndCurrentJob_Patch2>(Pawn_JobTracker, JobCondition, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryTakeOrderedJob(Job, JobTag)
TorannMagic.AutoCast.HealSpell:EvaluateMinSeverity(CompAbilityUserMagic, TMAbilityDef, PawnAbility, MagicPower, Single, Boolean&)
TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMagic:ResolveAutoCast()
TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMagic:CompTick()
Verse.ThingWithComps:Tick()
Verse.Pawn:DMD<DMD<Tick_Patch3>?-1532709248::Tick_Patch3>(Pawn)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DMD<DMD<DoSingleTick_Patch1>?151154944::DoSingleTick_Patch1>(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:DMD<DMD<UpdatePlay_Patch3>?126833664::UpdatePlay_Patch3>(Game)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Canute

That is beyond my knowledge.
But since the mod author isn't active at the forum (anymore) and i don't know about the workshop.
You should try your luck at the discord channel from Rim of Magic.
Mod Discord channel: https://discord.gg/gFYfA6r

qyvalar

I will, thank you very much!

There is something I do need to try... I think I saw a mention somewhere in a log about z-levels having some issues.. I have tried abandoning my upper floor, and so far, haven't seen any mage.. magically taking damage

Canute

Since Z-level is a very new mod, ofcouse it could cause unexpected trouble.
Don't forget to ask/report it there too.