Question on Slavers

Started by Listy, June 27, 2020, 10:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listy

IS there either a mod, or a file I can edit, which re-enables slavers as trade options? I know the game stops sending you slavers with people on after a certain point, but I'd like to disable that.

Canute

Just a question, where do you know to know that the storyteller stops sending you slavers ?
At my expierience i never notice this.
What kind of caravan/tradeship arrive is just random, so i just think you just was unlucky with your faction and caravans.
Not all faction have slaver caravan's, if you can request caravan you can see what kind of caravan could appear from these faction.

Listy

Quote from: Canute on June 27, 2020, 12:15:51 PM
Just a question, where do you know to know that the storyteller stops sending you slavers ?
At my expierience i never notice this.
What kind of caravan/tradeship arrive is just random, so i just think you just was unlucky with your faction and caravans.
Not all faction have slaver caravan's, if you can request caravan you can see what kind of caravan could appear from these faction.

Ask yourself when the Slaver/Pirates arrive... how many slaves do they carry? The traders arrive, but the game depopulates the slaves so you can not easily add manpower.

Now in the very late game (20-30+ years) getting new recruits to grow your colony is difficult as you seem to get only mechanoids (which is a whole new level of complaint now that they're not dropping any resources worth a unicorn fart). Thus slavers are the obvious answer.

Canute

Quotehow many slaves do they carry? The traders arrive, but the game depopulates the slaves so you can not easily add manpower.
But that is intended.
You can request more trade caravan's from allies, and you can select what kind of caravan you want.
You can visit settlement's and buy slaves from them (if they offer some).

With the search keyword "Slaver" i found at the workshop
Caesar's Legion- Faction
At game start Legion can be either neutral or hostile. If you are not an enemy of legion they will send their slave traders to you. They should have about two times more slaves than vanilla slavers, both in their caravans and bases.

Settlerking

I think what you're primarily looking for is a population adjuster. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1658712035&searchtext=population is a good one I personally use. I also would reccomen adding a slave increase mod like https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2021510577&searchtext=more+slaves. I don't experiance this you describe anymore, but I also don't usually play on 20-30 year playthroughs