[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 26, 2015, 11:23:07 PM
Quote from: TheSilencedScream on August 26, 2015, 11:21:43 PM
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 26, 2015, 11:17:05 PM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14901.0 It appears he actually has a new interface in the works in the 'Unfinished' section, so it's unlikely he'll update this mod.

Top of page 45.
Apparently the new UI isn't ready yet, cause he's already stated he's working on updating this.

Oh, huh. I just saw people asking for it to be updated so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote from: FMJ Penguin on August 26, 2015, 11:19:22 PM
ty Zombie, Can stop following this thread now :)

Wow, y u gotta be so mean :(

I understand - and I appreciate the link, cause I didn't know he was working on a new one. :D

And I think Penguin meant that he can stop following this thread and start following the new UI.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

FMJ Penguin

No I meant you can leave now Zombie you have done your part.   :o

Damn bro you really think I'm that big of a prick? lolz

Neh Scream had it right although I kinda wish I was that good at insulting people sometimes  8)
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

EdB

Just a quick update.  I don't have a lot of availability to work on the mod this week.  I'm hoping for a release this weekend, but it's hard to say for sure if that's going to happen.  There are a lot of things that I need to work out with the new UI.  It's possible I will do the release in steps to get out the most important features before finishing everything, but I have not decided yet.   I'll keep updating on my progress.

Match

Thanks and good luck EdB. Your mod your direction, although I would like to point out that my most missed feature of this mod is the colonist portraits at the top of the screen. I now spend ages trying to find my colonist.

Loki88

Quote from: Match on August 27, 2015, 01:06:58 AM
Thanks and good luck EdB. Your mod your direction, although I would like to point out that my most missed feature of this mod is the colonist portraits at the top of the screen. I now spend ages trying to find my colonist.

If I can only have 1 thing from this mod added to vanilla, the colonist bar would be it!  :(

sidfu

Quote from: EdB on August 27, 2015, 12:56:23 AM
Just a quick update.  I don't have a lot of availability to work on the mod this week.  I'm hoping for a release this weekend, but it's hard to say for sure if that's going to happen.  There are a lot of things that I need to work out with the new UI.  It's possible I will do the release in steps to get out the most important features before finishing everything, but I have not decided yet.   I'll keep updating on my progress.

just puting out the part for the colonies on top of screen  and everyone will be happy and stop bothering u wtih your work problay

whoishigh

Quote from: sidfu on August 27, 2015, 11:46:51 AM

just puting out the part for the colonies on top of screen  and everyone will be happy and stop bothering u wtih your work problay

Like pretty much everyone else who has used your UI improvements I find it difficult to go back to plain vanilla. While I want to pretend I'm a patient person, I definitely won't mind if you release some of the features piecemeal ;) The colonist status bar is a must have IMO,  though I do miss the ability to disable all stockpile resources by default!

Florius

Quote from: whoishigh on August 27, 2015, 01:50:57 PM
Like pretty much everyone else who has used your UI improvements I find it difficult to go back to plain vanilla. While I want to pretend I'm a patient person, I definitely won't mind if you release some of the features piecemeal ;) The colonist status bar is a must have IMO,  though I do miss the ability to disable all stockpile resources by default!

To be honest, I am quite surprised that isn't defautlt, the ability to disable all the stockpile resources!
So I'll just wait then until it gets updated to A12. (and hopefully other mods too)

Badger41

I'll join the line waiting to play again until it's updated.

mo0504

I've been visit 100 times a day this site to checkout for a new version lol, can't await the update!

spawny

Still can't believe that this feature is not included in the vanilla version... I tried playing v12 without EdB, but i can't... this mod is a must.

TheSilencedScream

I can't speak for what Tynan thinks - he'd have to comment on it himself - but if he DID ever incorporate a UI like EdB's, it'd make sense to wait til the end, given all of the tweaks that would need to be made with each new Alpha.

If he incorporated it now, it'd likely add a few days' worth of work for EACH Alpha, I'd imagine; saving it for the very end would mean not needing to adjust EVERY time, as opposed to the one.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

isistoy

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on August 27, 2015, 09:04:41 PM
I can't speak for what Tynan thinks - he'd have to comment on it himself - but if he DID ever incorporate a UI like EdB's, it'd make sense to wait til the end, given all of the tweaks that would need to be made with each new Alpha.

If he incorporated it now, it'd likely add a few days' worth of work for EACH Alpha, I'd imagine; saving it for the very end would mean not needing to adjust EVERY time, as opposed to the one.

Possible... One drawback of this great mod's work would be its popularity itself, and possibly using intrusive reflection (:D), then...
That's quite the sentence but well...
Hopefully Edb can find time to tend to other matters, but what we gonna do...
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

thefinn

No worries, take your time. Just interested when it's ready.

I have programmed, and when you really need to "work things out" it's not something one can deal with, with a programming book.

There are complex logical problems to deal with, fun, fun.