[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Aporatael on October 22, 2014, 06:12:28 PM
Feature Request: In the priorities menu, show what the colonist is currently working on. Like when you click on the colonist it says things like, "cleaning X; hauling X to Y; feeding X meal to person." Being able to see a list of that from the priorities menu would be very useful.

I was reading through feature requests in old posts and came across this one.  It reminded me that I added something based on this feature request to the 2.4.x release.  I'm not sure it's exactly what Aporatael had in mind, but if you hover over a colonist's name in the Overview panel, the tooltip displays what they are currently doing.

Shinzy

Quote from: EdB on December 17, 2014, 12:32:49 AM
Feature Request: In the priorities menu, show what the colonist is currently working on. Like when you click on the colonist it says things like, "cleaning X; hauling X to Y; feeding X meal to person." Being able to see a list of that from the priorities menu would be very useful.

I was reading through feature requests in old posts and came across this one.  It reminded me that I added something based on this feature request to the 2.4.x release.  I'm not sure it's exactly what Aporatael had in mind, but if you hover over a colonist's name in the Overview panel, the tooltip displays what they are currently doing.

I'm pretty sure he'd like to have window where you could see everyone's current activities on one glance (without having to hunt down an colonist and see what he is doing) sort of like overview of what's happening in your colony =P

Omenpapa

bug: There is no left and right arrow to switch between colonists at the thoughts panel.

Aporatael

Quote from: Shinzy on December 17, 2014, 03:03:51 AM
Quote from: EdB on December 17, 2014, 12:32:49 AM

I'm pretty sure he'd like to have window where you could see everyone's current activities on one glance (without having to hunt down an colonist and see what he is doing) sort of like overview of what's happening in your colony =P

Yes that is what I was asking. I don't know how hard it would be to implement. But it would be very useful.

john pretzel

I played the game without this once or twice. I'm glad to see this mod here - it's always on in my list  ;D

christhekiller

Quote from: john pretzel on December 18, 2014, 12:58:56 PM
I played the game without this once or twice. I'm glad to see this mod here - it's always on in my list  ;D

I played the game during the public testing, well before the Edb could even update it...

It was pretty frustrating not having some of the stuff this mod gives.

Ink.

Quick question/suggestion/request. Is there any chance in a new update we might see the debug icons moved to the empty spot on the left? It interferes with the colonist icons (even in small version) and I like having the colonist icons to use, but I like to keep debug on so when something goes wrong with my mods I can investigate it.

EdB

Quote from: Ink. on December 18, 2014, 09:09:57 PM
Quick question/suggestion/request. Is there any chance in a new update we might see the debug icons moved to the empty spot on the left? It interferes with the colonist icons (even in small version) and I like having the colonist icons to use, but I like to keep debug on so when something goes wrong with my mods I can investigate it.

I can take a look at it.  The area to left is used for alert messages.  Usually they aren't wide enough to take up the whole space, but the colonist bar does start just to the right of the area that's reserved for those messages.  Maybe I can look at moving the debug tools to the upper-right corner and make the colonist bar not overlap if the tools are visible?  It would also be nice to disable the auto-scroll when it's triggered over the debug tools--that always makes me a little crazy when trying to use them.

I'll take a look.  Not sure how difficult it would be--probably not too bad.

EdB

I posted a new release, 2.5.1.

You may have noticed the poll that I put up awhile back about whether or not I should keep the Inventory Dialog feature in the mod.  Even though I'm still not totally convinced of its utility, I'm going to leave it in for now.  It needed a little bit of clean-up work, so I've done that for this release.  You'll notice the following changes:

• All items and buildings are arranged by the material from which they are built.  There is no longer an option to arrange items by color--it didn't really make as much sense with the fixed colors based on the materials.
  • You can now assign weapons and apparel to colonists directly from the Inventory screen.  Hover your mouse over an item to see how many are available, right-click on the item to choose a colonist and an order will be issued to that colonist to equip the item.  A couple of people have asked for something like this, and I thought it might be worth trying to add a little more utility to the Inventory feature.

Note that this release also fixes the missing previous/next buttons on the Thoughts panel--I broke that by accident in the previous release.

Igabod

Quote from: EdB on December 18, 2014, 10:27:21 PM

• You can now assign weapons and apparel to colonists directly from the Inventory screen.  Hover your mouse over an item to see how many are available, right-click on the item to choose a colonist and an order will be issued to that colonist to equip the item.  A couple of people have asked for something like this, and I thought it might be worth trying to add a little more utility to the Inventory feature.

I might just start to use the inventory panel now with that change! That's really handy for when you have a ton of clothes in a stockpile and don't feel like figuring out which of the blue parkas is hyperweave and which is muffalo hide. Also when you're looking for weapons and can't really tell the difference between the R4 and M-16.

hyprformnce

+1 praise to that idea!

additionally, any sort of batch functionality would be incredibly helpful. for example, telling every colonist without a weapon to equip something, etc. equipping parkas and m-24's to a colony of 40+ gets tedious sometimes lol

Omenpapa

hyprformnce

a possible suggestion: if it isnt too difficult, could you add a way to trade the maximum of a certain type of commodity from the trade window? afaik the only way to sell off the 2000+ human leathers i have is the drag the number to the edge of my screen 20 times. a button or some alternative dialog that just lets me sell all of it would make things much easier. im sure i'm not the only one with this problem :p

EdB

Quote from: hyprformnce on December 19, 2014, 11:01:06 AM
    a possible suggestion: if it isnt too difficult, could you add a way to trade the maximum of a certain type of commodity from the trade window?

There was a similar request to add a shift-click when dragging to make the numbers change faster.  I looked into it, and unfortunately it's just too difficult to modify the trader UI.  It's definitely possible, but the amount of work involved makes it difficult for me to justify.  I will look at it again to see if the code structure has changed at all for Alpha 8, but unfortunately, you probably will not see this feature in the mod.

HawkeDB

Hey EDB,

I had posted a problem with Nu Metals + EDB Interface on JE's thread:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7906.15

Basically when I am using both mods, (JE's on the second last mod order and yours on the last mod order) and I go to add a bill on the Furnace to smelt ore, I am able to click on bills, then when I select ADD BILL, nothing comes up. However when I disable EDB Interface the options to smelt appear when selecting ADD BILL.

JE Requested I add this problem to your thread.