New art style.

Started by Sepkan, August 09, 2014, 04:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepkan

Can we get any preview about the new art style? I know for a lot of people when they think of the Prison architect style is Rimworld to them. And with localized body damage will the art style reflect this? I would like to know the communities thoughts about the art style.

Shinzy

I love the art style as it is! It's way easier to replicate than most games and makes the mods all the better for it

and it's still nice to look at =P

HatesYourFace

Can anyone link the actual source of this information? New art style huh? Very curious...
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Fernbhoy

Not sure myself, i seem to remember Ty saying he wants to change the art so it doesn't look like a prison arc clone but it wasn't going to be a big change from it.

Tynan

This is the final art style. I had wanted to change it last November, but after much work it turns out there's nothing that really works better than this for the design constraints placed on this game.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Headshotkill

The only thing that changed in the Original art were the colonists themself.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Headshotkill on August 10, 2014, 05:58:22 AM
Don't forget about the doors.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

vagineer1

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on August 10, 2014, 06:17:16 AM

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the new door textures. They look like hatches in the ground you open up and jump down.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 10, 2014, 07:10:21 AM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on August 10, 2014, 06:17:16 AM

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the new door textures. They look like hatches in the ground you open up and jump down.
I agree, i too don't like it because it looks weird, i liked the old one much better
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Plunkett

Well the thing that bugged me most was the metal but that has new textures now so that is great. I find that the art style suits the game superbly as it represents what it is trying to show perfectly, which is the main aim, and the other thing is it is quite easy to replicate the style - which is useful for modding.

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Tynan on August 09, 2014, 08:06:38 PM
This is the final art style. I had wanted to change it last November, but after much work it turns out there's nothing that really works better than this for the design constraints placed on this game.

Figured as much, I like the art style as is personally.

Quote from: Plunkett on August 10, 2014, 07:28:14 AM
I find that the art style suits the game superbly as it represents what it is trying to show perfectly, which is the main aim, and the other thing is it is quite easy to replicate the style - which is useful for modding.

Quote from: Shinzy on August 09, 2014, 04:43:05 PM
I love the art style as it is! It's way easier to replicate than most games and makes the mods all the better for it

and it's still nice to look at =P

^These guys pretty much nailed why.
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com