Pawns Taking Meals to Eat at Paste Dispenser.

Started by ThePartyGhuest, September 06, 2020, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePartyGhuest

So I'm having a problem with my colonists going to my prisoner's nutrient paste dispenser to eat their lavish meals. The meals are placed IN the dining room. Why are they choosing to go there to eat? This is probably some bug caused by a mod, right?

Here's a picture of a colonist pathing to it.
https://prnt.sc/uc6y2v

You can see the meals on the shelf in the room. They will literally take a meal from there and go straight to the dispenser to eat it. Wtf? Any help would really be appreciated. Happy to provide more information as needed

Edit: Just realized this is probably in the wrong board. Sorry.

Canute

Hi,
yes probably wrong board since you use alot of mods.
I have no clue either why the pawn head to NPD to consome his meal, there isn't any table.

You should try out at first what your pawn's do when you draft/undraft him to reset his current job.
When he still head to the NPD you need to look at your mods description if any of them change something about food/table/policy.
Try to disable them and look if the pawn change his mind then (draft/undraft).

But beside that you can't do much unless you found the mod that change the behavior.

Pheanox

LWM

You can turn on job logging for a pawn and see what actual job they start when the go to eat.

You can use HugsLib's full log to see who patches anything related to eating.

Between the two, you can probably figure out if it's a mod?

RawCode

obviously some mod made dispenser "table" to encourage people to take paste and consume it instantly, without walking around searching for table.

there are number of ways to do it, most simple is altering dispenser def and making it both table and chair.

alternative methods related to custom code for jobs or ever code injections into random parts of game logic.