Quest bug: empty drop pod!

Started by Quibs, September 06, 2020, 09:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quibs

Hello all, I'm seeing a fairly game breaking bug related to a quest  :(. I am meant to protect a pawn named Fluff for a few days but the drop pod supposedly containing him is empty. I've searched around a lot online and found similar posts blaming the mod Rimcities for this, but i don't have that mod! I'd hugely appreciate help resolving this since I can't make much sense of the error log below. I'll be glad to cut the offending mod from my list since losing some content is worth a smoother bug free game  :). Thanks.

Tried to add Fluff to ThingOwner but this thing is already in another container. owner=RimWorld.ActiveDropPodInfo, current container owner=null. Use TryAddOrTransfer, TryTransferToContainer, or remove the item before adding it.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
Verse.ThingOwner`1:TryAdd(Thing, Boolean)
RimWorld.DropPodUtility:DropThingGroupsNear_NewTmp(IntVec3, Map, List`1, Int32, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
RimWorld.DropPodUtility:DropThingGroupsNear(IntVec3, Map, List`1, Int32, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
RimWorld.DropPodUtility:DropThingsNear(IntVec3, Map, IEnumerable`1, Int32, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
RimWorld.QuestPart_DropPods:Notify_QuestSignalReceived(Signal)
RimWorld.Quest:Notify_SignalReceived(Signal)
RimWorld.SignalManager:SendSignal(Signal)
RimWorld.Quest:Initiate()
RimWorld.Quest:Accept(Pawn)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Quests:AcceptQuestByInterface(Action, Boolean)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Quests:DoRewards(Rect, Single&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Quests:DoSelectedQuestInfo(Rect)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Quests:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.Window:InnerWindowOnGUI(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Canute

Hi,
finding that mod is very difficult.
The error msg. don't give a hint about the mod, it is all about the droppod's and quest, nothing mod related.
If you got a safe before the droppod's land, you can try to disable mod that arn't critical and would break the safegame.
But depending on the modlist it would rather an annoying task.

If you don't have any other problems/error's i would suggest to safe allways before you accept a quest and keep playing.
If that happen again you should ignore these quest.