[MODDED] Huge lag spikes when colonists are choosing what to wear

Started by nedlee, September 10, 2020, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedlee

Game stops for a few seconds every time a colonists is thinking about what clothings he or she should wear.

I am pretty sure that's what is happening because this gets quite bad in lategame, when there are lots of pawns and outfits laying around. Lots and lots of stutters. I've seen the game pausing up to 10 seconds just after a party ended and some of my 20 colonists are thinking. Forbidding all outfits solves the issue.

Also, Dubs Performace Analyser tells me that Thinknode_Tagger, Thinknode_ConditionalColonist and Jobgiver_OptimizeApparel are causing this.

I run a lot of mods so I thought one of outfit mods was corrupted or something, but removing a few of them or forbidding some of the clothings did not solve the issue, but only slightly reduces the stutter. It also seems that it isn't caused by any spicific colonists. Log doesn't show any related errors.

So after spending a few frustrating hours, I've simply ran out of ideas. I hope someone could help with this issue.

Canute

Hi,
do a hugslib "Share log" report, that include the patches.
At that file/link search for "Apparel" maybe you found something at the patches, that could lead you to a mod.

As gameplay suggestion, restrict the clothing policy just to a standard outfit system. duster,t-shirt,pants,cowboy hat or similar with marine armour.
Don't forget to adjust the quality and durability too.
So the pawn's don't check all availble apparel you own and just stay with your crafted ones.

Maybe it comes with a bug
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=52883.0

nedlee

Thank you for the help. Again, I'd already looked through logs and nothing related is there and I've forbidden most of clothings to reduce the stutter to minimum anyway. It's still there and quite noticible, just bit less annoying. Probably one or two of my 100+ mods acting weirdly, oh well.