royalty progression equivalent(possible mod?)

Started by orange1095, September 20, 2020, 12:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orange1095

I find the content added with the royalty DLC great fun, but sometimes I would like the ability to go down a different path without feeling like I'm losing out.

The game currently supports 3 ways to gain Psylinks. Empire honour, Illegal use and tribal rituals. There is currently no alternate supporting system to go with the psylinks if you choose to go illegal or tribal.

The permits the empire bestows are so helpful for getting out of some tight spots. I would like to see another permit giver in the form of a mercenary board. The union factions would band together to form a review board which assesses the reputation of your faction and when you have enough reputation, you are given permits. Rep would be gained by doing positive actions like trade and quests similarly to individual faction interactions but all union factions would contribute to the mercenary reputation. Gaining mercenary rep could upset the empire as they would see the mercenary board as a threat or dishonorable to their order.

This could also introduce a new item called a "comm link" which could be an implant or a utility and could give access to some similar permits or behave like a mobile comms console. Using it could either cost mercenary rep or the requested faction rep cost could be reduced.

There could also be an equivalent end game quest to build a ship and take some important union VIPs off planet.

Canute

Hi,
if you just fixed on the psylink's maybe you should look into other mods that add abilities.
Rim of Magic
PsiTech
RimMagic

orange1095

yeah I might mess around with some psylink mods in my next colony. Psylinks add so much to the combat and now colony management too with the new ones. I'm pretty happy with the vanilla psylinks other than the fact enemies don't use them, but that is another topic entirely. The Vanilla expanded mods are also ones I'm very keen to try.

I mainly just feel like the vanilla game currently has a 3 ways to reach the end game and get off the planet, but clearly the empire provides a significantly easier experience due to all the powerful toys you get. And as far as I am aware, psylinks and permits don't even increase your colony wealth!

kclace

Megacorp MOD created corporate asceendancy. Unfortunately, it never updated to 1.2

AileTheAlien

I agree that non-empire play-throughs should have some kind of equivalent to the empire's permits. This would offer a way to characterize the different enemy factions or groups of factions, if they had different permits. The empire is very aloof and beurocratic - their permits either send you slaves or drone-srikes, but they never get their hands dirty themselves. The pirate tribe could be very up close and personal - send you a warrior champion, cache of melee weapons or bows, or some spare clothing. The pirates could have all the war-crime type of things, like combat implants, joy-wires, or spare organs.