Player.txt goes into dozens of gigabytes on closing moded rimworld.

Started by Elrood, November 02, 2020, 07:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elrood

Hello,

When I close rimworld, it spam
QuoteC:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Audio/Public/sound/SoundChannel.cpp(152) : Error executing m_FMODChannel->isPlaying(playing) (The specified channel has been reused to play another sound. )

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Audio/Public/sound/SoundChannel.h Line: 15)

Yes, i have tons of mods. But that doesn't change the fact that such spam shouldn't happen. I understand few lines of "you have a problem". Even few thousands lines. Not that much. This time I killed rimworld when it went to 2GB. Previous time I tried to close rimworld normally it actually gone up and beyond 70GB and took every free byte of my free space on my system disk - and keep trying to get more. Before I realised what is happening I tried deleting few GB, it was filled nearly instantly.
When i play - file is keeping below 1mb, few errors every time autosave goes. It explodes only when I close the game.
This is something which imho should be solved in the game code itself.

Canute

Hi,
i think it is the mix of some music mod you use together with your audio driver/app.
Do you use a FMOD app, i think that is the problem in your case.

Alternativ you need to look what mod is playing that FMOD can't cancel and deactivate it.

Elrood

Elrood

Quote from: Canute on November 30, 2020, 08:13:37 AM
Hi again,
with your speed to answer, the problem is maybe solved at xmas.
Maybe take a look at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49923.msg469095#msg469095

Its not a bug because log is working as intended and this is the only reason why I didn't write it down in bugs forum section. Its just working in stupid way, feeling all empty space on partition with %APPDATA% folder.
What is worse - from one of reddit solution - log doesn't have to save to file to work in game. So there is literally no reason to save 5-10 GB of text.
Beside, if you have millions of lines of error - I'm quite sure its enough if you have first thousand or two. All the other are just noise and redundant information.

What I'm trying to say - what should happen is devs should consider putting a limit on how big the log can be so its not silently fill users disk space. I was lucky and found it in few minutes after I notice my C: is full, solved it and I have no problem keeping it under control. But not everyone is enough tech savvy to do it quickly or do it at all. If your read through the reddit post you will find for example someone who was not able to find it at all and was going to pay for servicing his computer. That is not something which a game should cause, right? -.-

Canute

Normaly the logfile don't get that big.
And the logfiles get newly created each rimworld start. If you would start/exit Rimworld 2 times pretty fast, the big logfile should be gone anyway. But that wouldn't help much if the error don't get fixed, you will have another big one next time you play.

At normal repeating error's the log get hold.
But your problem is different maybe because of the 2.line

You are just crying "I am bleeding, i am bleeding and my flask isn't big enough to hold my blood" instead to try to close the wound.
Or at last i got that feeling from your answers.

You don't give any feedback about the other topic i linked, like "I don't use that mod" or if you use mod's at all.

Alenerel

probably some mod or combination of mods is sending tons of errors/warnings. idk if it can be disabled, but an alternate way is first delete it, create a blank player.log and disable modify/write permissions from the security tab in windows.

Canute

Indeed, making the player.log write protected, prevent it that rimworld create a new one.

But that don't solve the main problem why does rimworld got some many error's. Elrood only posted an error so i think the log is full of the same repeating error not not debug spam from a mod.