If Ludeon came out with another DLC for Rimworld, what would you want it to add?

Started by David35, February 27, 2021, 06:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David35

Btw, I know that mods exist so that we can have pretty much almost anything, but it's still nice when official content comes out.

For me, I would love to see the addition of having multiple floors (to a certain extent obviously).

Also, adding in some way to make oceans useful, maybe water bases or fishing, etc.

What would you like to see?

Chicken Plucker

I would like some kind of alliance system with factions that has more benefits beyond reinforcements, I understand mods like RimWar has it already but the team's official work always manages to be more simple and less memory consuming than something made with mods. Just my idea.

It'll be cool to see factions build new settlements or help you build new things, repair damages etc. etc.

If that mod introduced a new spacer faction that utilized the vanilla's marine armour and etc (because they're probably some official armed forces) then I'm on that boat

5Foot5PocketKing

First and foremost - a pricetag I won't sneer at. 10 bucks before regional adjustments is absolutely my ceiling.

For content - from what I remember reading about Royalty's development, the DLC would need to be extra content, no core systems additions or overhauls, for which I have a number of desires. As such, I believe it would have to be just kind of self-contained content.

According to what I remember from the lore, glitterworlds have very extensive genetic manipulation technology, to the point of being able to produce furries results that can look like entirely new species, with fur/scales and whatnot. There's already a very small taste of what gene modification can do in Royalty, but I'd love to see the full potential of what the setting has to offer, both in terms of functional and in terms of cosmetic modification.

I also think it's a neat idea because I'm having little luck finding some tame and lore-friendly mods for the cosmetic side. It's almost always either bizarre fetish fuel or entirely new non-canonical species. I'd love to just have some xeno-human options without any drivel.

Bigdestyn

None, cause i dont want to sink anymore money. I already spent 60 dollars for a game thats worth only 10-20.

ReZpawner

Quote from: Bigdestyn on March 09, 2021, 06:17:12 PM
None, cause i dont want to sink anymore money. I already spent 60 dollars for a game thats worth only 10-20.
How did you calculate that value?

willywonkasrevenge

I think simple vehicles built into the core game would be nice. No tanks or aircraft carriers... just simple things like covered wagons, ATVs, dirt bikes, pickup trucks, sled dogs. Things you would likely see on the rim. I mean, my crew can build shuttle pods, but not an ATV?

It seems like the same game mechanics could be used for rideable animals, too.

I realize this feature has been asked for over and over and that there are several mods of varying qualities floating out there, but vehicles are the only thing I feel like are really missing from the base game to the point that it's immersion breaking.

Canute

But a whole complex Vehicle DLC would be nice too.
Starting from simple cart's powered with manpower to increase the hauling capacity and for caravans.
Automobiles powered with chemfuel/power.
Airplanes, slower then transport pods but more not one time use.
and the ultimate goal.
Mobile cities, similar to the  Mortal Engines movie

ShadowTani

Yeah, more faction mechanics, genetics, and vehicles are all things I would like to see too.

But I would also like to see the colony community features expanded further, particularly an official take on prison labor and slave pawns. Alongside that maybe also an education/apprentice system, kinda like a system where someone with intellectual 10 and plant 10 or higher could teach another pawn with less experience in plant up to that skill level in plant; while the student(s) gain experience in plant the teacher would gain experience in intellectual as a trade-off for their time. Maybe have course sessions by allocating a teach/study routine to the time table. Could be a nice way of getting new pawns up to speed, especially after having lost a few essential ones...

Something archaeology related could be cool too where maybe unique "dungeon" locations (ruined labs etc.) could be found that generated unique challenging map locations. Archaeological findings could maybe include unidentified objects you could study at the research bench, which when identified could result in an artifact, an utility tool, something valuable, secret technology, or perhaps something outright sinister?

Muramas

What they need to do is implement stuff from Save our ship 2 into the core game and polish the hell out of it. Add more shuttles, more ship parts, etc.

Bigdestyn

patweb

Building vertically (2-3 level buildings).  Multiplayer (of course).   A way to balance food production automatically to make sure we never run out.  Pawns that notify me that bills can't be produced due to lack of X resource availability.  Human procreation.

Oh and a second on fishing, I was wondering if that was in there somewhere.

willywonkasrevenge

QuotePawns that notify me that bills can't be produced due to lack of X resource availability.

+1 this. You get a lightning bolt icon on an electrical device when it doesn't have power or a wood icon on a campfire. I'd think having additional icons on workbenches for missing resources would be fairly easy to add.

Canute

-1 i would get spammed with these notifications, because i let crafter train with unwanted resources like wool.
An icon wouldn't hurt but since you have many bill's on a station you would see them manytimes.

Bozobub

Quote from: Canute on May 20, 2021, 05:27:35 PMAn icon wouldn't hurt but since you have many bill's on a station you would see them manytimes.
Nah; only offer notifications for active jobs (not just in the bill queue).
Thanks, belgord!

Maverik

I know what I DONĀ“T want, Multiplayer, the supporters of multiplayer are a very loud, but that feature will be very costly, only used by few people and is outside of the original vision of the game. Better using the developing time on adding cool new features.