Help having issues with Hugslib and Harmony

Started by Ashtore, March 07, 2021, 04:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashtore

I am running on a HP Laptop with Windows 10.
Here is the error log I keep getting when I start up my game:
https://gist.github.com/0b47b80caeb6a60721ca99944f394202

Mods I am running:
Harmony
Modcheck
Core
Hugslib
When I load a new game I don't get people at all and I cannot interact by clicking on anything.
Sometimes the map doesn't load at all and all I see are icons and labels on a black screen moving around.
And on top of that the informations windows that pop up when you hover over menus dont disappear and fill up the screen blocking things eventually.
I am not a programmer by any means and would just like my game to run properly. please help and if you need more information ask.

Alenerel

Are you sure its harmony and hugslib? Try disabling them.
In any case this sounds like an unsupported graphics card. Try updating the drivers if you can

Ashtore

I will update my drivers to be sure but on the other note, I have played with and without both of them and the only time I have trouble is when I have them in the game, alone or with other mods. The common denominator is them.
Thanks for the quick response...I hope to get this solved quickly.
In particular its harmony that needs to be there for there to be issues but the combination just makes it worse.

RawCode

you have 10 more mods you had not listed in your post...

probably this prevents game from running properly?

Ashtore

I am aware of the mods you speak of, I didn't mention them because the same error shows up even if I remove them, they are not a factor.
I am also aware that they are not made for this version of Rimworld, 1.2 I believe and this is not what is causing the error to my knowledge.
I have even removed them from the game mod folder completely and the error still shows up when I run a new colony with just Harmony and Hugslib running.
I have included a screenshot of what is happening on my screen, as you can see visually it looks okay, but for the things I mentioned and the fact that I cannot select my colonists with my mouse, right or left click or even open the menu using the escape button.
I have also updated my drivers for my computer and the problem still occurs, so that isn't the issue either.
I really appreciate anyone who has suggestions for this. Thank you.

Canute

1. You don't need to enable/add Modcheck by yourself. It is a tool for mod author's and at the past there was a need to add it because some mod's use an outdated version.

2. I use harmony + hugslib at my vanilla testing enviroment and i never got any problems.
And all these error's i see i don't think they belong to harmoy/hugslib.

So please provide a log with only these mod active. After you deactivate mod's you need to restart Rimworld again, sometimes there are still shown error's at the log from the deactivated mods missing def's.

Ofcouse you just could delete the complete Mods folder to get right of all outdating mods and install the latest versions, since you use the latest Rimworld too.
Maybe some old leftover file's cause trouble.

Ashtore

I have done this before but here we are, the error log from loading rimworld up after removing all the mods except for Harmony and HugsLib from the game, clearing the log then closing rimworld, then removing them from the mod folder before restarting rimworld:
https://gist.github.com/2bec8487295083e448169e9a95e01a61

Then this is the log from opening a new colony after once again clearing the log from before to be sure I am just getting those errors:
https://gist.github.com/f037958247b4598bc2fd356eff634bdd
This time there are no pawns at all and I am still getting the weird pop ups that are stuck and block parts of the screen.
I attached a screenshot to show the popups and the lack of pawns.
Nothing except Harmony, Core and Hugslib are loaded. They are the correct versions for the game version.
I have no idea why I am still getting errors and my games won't play properly...I am at a loss.

Canute

Indeed, that are untypical error's i wouldn't assosiate them with harmony or hugslib.

I would disable them both just to check if you still got the same error's.
Then something weired are with Core, and i would delete the whole Core folder and reinstall it.

When the error's are gone, harmony or hugslib got something inside that don't belong to them. I would delete these mods folder and reinstall them.
But don't ask my how that could happen. When you installed the mods manual, maybe you copied/unziped RIMMSqol (because that mod name is at many messages) at the wrong spot and part's of that mod landed at hugslib or harmony.

RawCode

sometimes when you download mods from "untrusted" sources, and any form of "automated" update is untrusted, dunno why people install version checkers and other similar stuff, you may get malware or "improved" version of mod.

since you lack required skills to properly wipe files that does not belong to base game or "reference" implementation of specific mods, you should completely remove game and completely remove all mods.

then install them from !!!trusted!!! sources (and random links in discord are not trusted)
and do not install any form of "automated update", this is garbage that will make you very sad one day, especially if you can't verify what exactly mod does, maybe it phoneback with your browser history and all saved passwords...

Ashtore

so, the problem has been solved but I have no idea how it got so messed up in the first place.
What I did was follow your advice and remove the mods completely, again, and use the original downloads to replace them that I had downloaded from reputable places. Directly from the creator or from GitHub.
They work now but I have no idea how they got screwed up in the first place.
Thank you for being so patient with me and for giving me such great advice.
If this happens again I will be back but for now problem solved!

Canute

Quoteso, the problem has been solved but I have no idea how it got so messed up in the first place.
Build/buy a timemashine and look at the past.
Somehow some files need to slip into these mod folder without overwriting existing files.

Since you wrote to download from github, maybe you should take a look into
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=52498.0
RimPy the offline modmanager is a very comfortable way to download steam workshop mods.
No need anymore to visit all different pages to get mods together.

LWM

Quote from: Ashtore on March 08, 2021, 04:54:39 PM
so, the problem has been solved but I have no idea how it got so messed up in the first place.
Almost certainly you ended up with either corrupted mod files, OR(and?) an earlier version of Harmony getting loaded instead of the current one.

Nuking everything from orbit usually fixes this sort of thing  ;D

willywonkasrevenge

QuoteNuking everything from orbit usually fixes this sort of thing

It's the only way to be sure.