No pawns spawn at start

Started by Gota, April 29, 2021, 06:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gota

I have the new problem of pawns not spawning after starting up a map. Everything up to that point works and you can roll pawns as usual in the preparation screen but after that, the map is void of them and any items. Changing it to Standing spawn doesn't change anything.
My mod list is so big that removing them one by one just doesn't work since the game takes like 10 minutes to load. My only hope is someone can spot a mod or incompatability that could cause this.

Edit: Added the files instead
I also assume it could be

Error in static constructor of Planets_Code.Planets_Initializer: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Planets_Code.Planets_Initializer' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Planets_Code.Planets_Initializer.EditAnimalDefs () [0x00020] in <31024c81b5994f9b98ef9d3cedb16eb2>:0
  at Planets_Code.Planets_Initializer..cctor () [0x00123] in <31024c81b5994f9b98ef9d3cedb16eb2>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor(intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x0002a] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll_Patch1()

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

but I have no idea what mod could cause it

Canute

Hi,
the error log isn't present at pastebin.
But why you didn't just attach the player.log (original Rimworld logfile) to your message or used the green button "Share logs" at the log window.

But anyway, before you start a new colony, be sure you don't have error's at the log after rimworld start/Mod activation.
Mosttime you can use a keyword from the error msg. and search for it at the Mods folder to find the mod which cause it.
But that don't work's all the time, then it is better to rebuild the modlist and activate mod's at small batches so you notice early when you got errors.
Once you found the mod which cause errors.
Check if you maybe miss a required mod, or if that required mod loaded before the mod which need it.
Check the mod description/discussion if there are any known compactible issues or ask at the mod discussion.
But better don't use these mod's they don't work correct anyway when they throw out errors. Ok error's about sound.defs don't disturb the gameplay you just don't have any sound from it and arn't critical.

Gota

Quote from: Canute on April 29, 2021, 07:00:13 AM
Hi,
the error log isn't present at pastebin.
But why you didn't just attach the player.log (original Rimworld logfile) to your message or used the green button "Share logs" at the log window.

But anyway, before you start a new colony, be sure you don't have error's at the log after rimworld start/Mod activation.
Mosttime you can use a keyword from the error msg. and search for it at the Mods folder to find the mod which cause it.
But that don't work's all the time, then it is better to rebuild the modlist and activate mod's at small batches so you notice early when you got errors.
Once you found the mod which cause errors.
Check if you maybe miss a required mod, or if that required mod loaded before the mod which need it.
Check the mod description/discussion if there are any known compactible issues or ask at the mod discussion.
But better don't use these mod's they don't work correct anyway when they throw out errors. Ok error's about sound.defs don't disturb the gameplay you just don't have any sound from it and arn't critical.
I added the files now

Canute

Sorry, it is impossible to point at a mod and say this one.
I can't say which mod modify the planet generation (which is the error about) special not since you use alot of mods.
I think with 700+ mods you made a new record (at last i didn't saw that much before). With 300-400 it is allready very difficult to get a working modlist.

My suggestion,
try to get error free at first, then try to generate a world.
Or deactivate 50% of you mods and try to generate a world. When it works add 50% of the remaining mods. And continue until you find it.
I can't imagine the restart time with that many mods, i think you start Rimworld at the morning that you can play at lunch.
But whatever you do it will be a pain to find the culprit.

Gota

I was able to fix it by removing the last 5 mods I added. I am not sure which it was but I just will keep all of them removed. Thanks for the help.