[W|0.6.532] Unseen Psychic Probe on map

Started by w00d, August 14, 2014, 10:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w00d

hi Team

a psychic drone landed somewhere on this map but for the life of me checking every visible inch i cannot see it , i thought it was a bug but sure enough my colonists all went mad

i cannot possibly be asked to mine every single mountain out or somehow find underwater drones?

cant seem to send savefile as it is too large sorry

UrbanBourbon

Save file too large? Even if you archive it with WinRAR, 7z or such? Anyway, this might be tricky but open the save file with a text editor (preferrably Notepad++) and try to locate the drone's data, including its current coordinates. Use search words such 'drone' or 'psychic'.

drb89

There are 2 different events that cause the psychic drone event:

1) Happens when the ship crashes, and effects your colonists mood until you destroy the ship part.

2) Another event where a psychic drone effects your colonists mood, no crashed ship part to destroy. There is no way to stop this and it will last 1-2 days. You can focus on keeping your colonists happy to prevent them from going mad and leave the colony. A small flower garden helps alot, also basic needs like sleeping inside in a bed, eating from tables, seperate bedrooms, and so on..

Hope this helps.

Coenmcj

Turn on your Developer menu and then go to views and turn off fog of war, if you can't find it then it's probably a bug.
We've had people, resources among other things all land in little cave networks inside mountains before.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Tynan

It's not a bug, there is a psychic drone that happens with no ship. I'll likely cut it though.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Coenmcj

Quote from: Tynan on August 14, 2014, 08:00:55 PM
It's not a bug, there is a psychic drone that happens with no ship. I'll likely cut it though.
Oh what. D: I've never had this happen to me without a ship, what are the odds/Conditions for it?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Damien Hart

Quote from: Coenmcj on August 15, 2014, 12:56:03 AM
Oh what. D: I've never had this happen to me without a ship, what are the odds/Conditions for it?

In my last game, I copped one a month.

My current one's looking like more of the same, day 40 or so and I've already had 2 of them.

Consider yourself lucky for having never seen it.  :P

Thunder Rahja

Had this event happen to my colony a couple times. In one incident, I had to arrest a colonist there was no way to prevent from having a mental break, then she went on a rampage, was taken down, then went on a rampage again. I dunno if prisoners are supposed to be able to have a mental break then break through their doors while restrained.

ShadowTani

Is the event supposed to be static though? For me it only happens to male colonists, and for my friend it only happens for female colonists. I've gone for a full-female colony to exploit that. If it where made to affect a random group each time the event triggered it wouldn't be possible to exploit. x3

Damien Hart

Quote from: ShadowTani on August 18, 2014, 12:26:14 AM
Is the event supposed to be static though? For me it only happens to male colonists, and for my friend it only happens for female colonists. I've gone for a full-female colony to exploit that. If it where made to affect a random group each time the event triggered it wouldn't be possible to exploit. x3

It is a random chance. But for me, it always seems to "randomly" affect the majority.

ShadowTani

Quote from: Damien Hart on August 18, 2014, 01:13:47 AM
It is a random chance. But for me, it always seems to "randomly" affect the majority.
That's what I mean with static, it seems to be randomized only once for that one map, and then affect that particular group each time the event triggers on that map. This opposed to being random each time the event triggers.

Damien Hart

Quote from: ShadowTani on August 18, 2014, 01:21:10 AM
Quote from: Damien Hart on August 18, 2014, 01:13:47 AM
That's what I mean with static, it seems to be randomized only once for that one map, and then affect that particular group each time the event triggers on that map. This opposed to being random each time the event triggers.

It does seem that way sometimes, but I've had both on the same map. My starting 3 were 2 guys and a girl, two weeks in a drone hits male colonists.

About 40 days in, my colony is now 2 guys and 4 girls. This time, the psychic drone affects female colonists. I swear the storytellers are just screwing with me.

nils

Please do - or at least seriously nerf them. I've had four in my current game, and they last very long. If you get one and a huge pirate attack, well... it's very hard to impossible to recover as you go into a psychosis downspiral of doom. And without a possible counter, it's just not any fun.

That said, perhaps a possible alternative is something like tying the affected to their beds for the duration. You end up having to feed them as if they were sick, so there's a severe workforce penalty, and risk of injury as you capture them, but anything is better than the current implementation.

Bodog999

QuoteOh what. D: I've never had this happen to me without a ship, what are the odds/Conditions for it?
Be happy that you've never seen it :P Lucky I almost have only males in my colony. I'm just very happy that the AgentRevealed event has never happend before