[A11] Apothecarius FD - A11 FIXES - YOU NEED THOSE (19.06.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, August 15, 2014, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use the hivemind system?

NO
YES

EvilNickolas

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 14, 2014, 01:25:59 AMApothecarius became the elderly and wise master sitting in its rocking chair watching the youngsters play and contemplating about former times.
Well spoken sir.

What we all need to do now is poke Tynan, until he changes surgery so that you don't need more meds for every action. Once a patient is under you should be able to perform multiple surgeries before they need a top up his anesthetic, anything else im sure the community can take care of. Either way, im enjoying my cybernetic, bionic, hive minded super colonists... im playing in the 160% challenge mode atm it only take two of my super soldiers to wipe out a 40-50 man, power armored soldiers.

there is literately an ocean of blood, discarded weapon and rotting corpses at my doorstep...
and my two favioute soilders just so happen to be psychopaths, 50x killed a person mood boost, those two arse-holes are estatic 24/7.

(also the new temperature mechanics allow you to build gigantic ovens to bake your enemies alive.. seriously try it.. it even allows you to bake visitors for free loot...)

caesius

would you post previous versions too? i need alpha 7 apothecarius...

if anyone have alpha 7 apothecarius, plz share it with me...

JuliaEllie

Quote from: caesius on December 18, 2014, 11:24:35 AM
would you post previous versions too? i need alpha 7 apothecarius...

if anyone have alpha 7 apothecarius, plz share it with me...

Apothecarius Seven here you go. Please note that I wont give any support to this version -> if it works - fine. if it doesnt - idc.

Ouan

I was playing a modded colony in Alpha 8 using the following mods: Apothecarius 8, Canned Food, and Rainbow Road from you. Additionally, I had Edb interface and prepare carefully installed. I then had a rip roaring time making super expensive glowing floors for my prisoners. The problem arose when I noticed a big down tick for my colonists for skills. I (foolishly) did not realize the down-tick for over level ten colonists when they were not using their skills since Apha 7, but decided that it might have to be because of their not being chipped. I had earlier put a drone core into one of my colonists who had been brain damaged but did not notice the issue I am about to describe to you until I decided to chip all my higher level colonists to attempt to stop level drain. The chips cost 1500 silver to make (and one medicine)! The recipe called for 75 silver, but in fact took 20 times that amount. I spent a bit of time digging around, but could find no apparent reason for that part of the receipe to be false.
     I then went to the RecipeDefs in the Apothecarius mod folder and went to the HiveMindPartRecipes xml file to see if perhaps the receipe called for 1500 silver but was reported as 75 for the receipe in game. It in fact called for 75 in the file. I then went and reduced the cost to 1 silver. When I restarted the game, the cost was reduced to 20 silver, again saying it now cost 1 silver with the 20: 1 cost difference. I tried uninstalling other mods, adding New Recipe Nurse, then starting a new colony. Still have those issues. I do not know enough about coding to do more than poke and prod, so I figured I would bring it to your attention. It may be something on my end, but as far as I can tell this is the only recipe that has that cost error. I will keep digging for a my end solution to the problem.
   I also have a question about what chipping is supposed to do for level drop factors for over ten level skilled colonists. I noticed that there are some who go up in skill after chipping, but only in some areas like social, but down in crafting etc. Is there supposed to be a standard for that? I do not know where the core modifying files are, but I am curious as to how borging makes their skills modify themselves.
Damn Pirates!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Ouan on December 19, 2014, 05:45:06 PM
I was playing a modded colony in Alpha 8 using the following mods: Apothecarius 8, Canned Food, and Rainbow Road from you. Additionally, I had Edb interface and prepare carefully installed. I then had a rip roaring time making super expensive glowing floors for my prisoners. The problem arose when I noticed a big down tick for my colonists for skills. I (foolishly) did not realize the down-tick for over level ten colonists when they were not using their skills since Apha 7, but decided that it might have to be because of their not being chipped. I had earlier put a drone core into one of my colonists who had been brain damaged but did not notice the issue I am about to describe to you until I decided to chip all my higher level colonists to attempt to stop level drain. The chips cost 1500 silver to make (and one medicine)! The recipe called for 75 silver, but in fact took 20 times that amount. I spent a bit of time digging around, but could find no apparent reason for that part of the receipe to be false.
     I then went to the RecipeDefs in the Apothecarius mod folder and went to the HiveMindPartRecipes xml file to see if perhaps the receipe called for 1500 silver but was reported as 75 for the receipe in game. It in fact called for 75 in the file. I then went and reduced the cost to 1 silver. When I restarted the game, the cost was reduced to 20 silver, again saying it now cost 1 silver with the 20: 1 cost difference. I tried uninstalling other mods, adding New Recipe Nurse, then starting a new colony. Still have those issues. I do not know enough about coding to do more than poke and prod, so I figured I would bring it to your attention. It may be something on my end, but as far as I can tell this is the only recipe that has that cost error. I will keep digging for a my end solution to the problem.
   I also have a question about what chipping is supposed to do for level drop factors for over ten level skilled colonists. I noticed that there are some who go up in skill after chipping, but only in some areas like social, but down in crafting etc. Is there supposed to be a standard for that? I do not know where the core modifying files are, but I am curious as to how borging makes their skills modify themselves.

Thank you very much for your detailed post. I honestly have no clue why the recipe multiplies the ingredients - I will have a look at that soonâ,,¢ also you dont need RecipeNurse anymore I only updated it for other modders if they still want to use it.

"Chipping" is a hive mind mechanic - all colonists share their skills and every colonist will have the highest skill level available within the hive mind. There is nothing I could do about the skill loss as it is hard coded also the hive mind system is pretty badly written because it was one of my first self written features. I really have to rewrite this one sometime.

kraviits

Guys life support ist not working for me. cant craft it.
"this recipe cannot have a target count because it has multiple unpredictable products
i have medicine and steel to craft it.
help pls

JuliaEllie

Quote from: kraviits on December 21, 2014, 07:38:56 AM
Guys life support ist not working for me. cant craft it.
"this recipe cannot have a target count because it has multiple unpredictable products
i have medicine and steel to craft it.
help pls

I dont know what you are doing wrong - I cant reproduce the problem. Maybe a conflicting mod.

lude

Great mod, cost of production justified, perhaps add some cloth(bandages), steel (tools) and silver (antibacterial)  to it (might do it myself for personal use) but why I actually post:

ullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Find.get_ListerPawns () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Injector.hivemind.hivetopawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Injector.hivemind.execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Injector.injector.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

How do I got about fixing or removing the drone thingy?

JuliaEllie

It looks like you are trying to start an old save file without Apothecarius on. But I will also put a poll up if anyabody still uses the hivemind system.

lude

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 22, 2014, 09:18:03 AM
It looks like you are trying to start an old save file without Apothecarius on. But I will also put a poll up if anyabody still uses the hivemind system.
The error log starts firing as soon as the game loads the main menu, i would like to try hivemind out, so far I haven't really come to, all I know is that a colonist started with drone core would not crash the game or lead to any weird behaviour but him being bad at everything.

SabakuOokami

Quote from: lude on December 22, 2014, 10:01:02 AM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 22, 2014, 09:18:03 AM
The error log starts firing as soon as the game loads the main menu, i would like to try hivemind out, so far I haven't really come to, all I know is that a colonist started with drone core would not crash the game or lead to any weird behaviour but him being bad at everything.

Well if you start a colonist with a drone core, and no hivemind, he's a drooling mess. Until you get one, he's basically a walking, drooling waste of space. (As the mod description for the hivemind clearly says...)
Once you get a hivemind, he's more useful and his skills will go up. If the hivemind has no power, he reverts to drooling. Hivemind is destroyed, he goes back to drooling again.

The hivemind is basically that colonist's mind in a way.

From the error log, and your explanation... the mod folder is missing something (for some reason) and you may have to delete the folder and replace it. (That might fix it)
Or you could have another mod conflicting with the hivemind, though I wouldn't know of any that does what the hivemind does.

JuliaEllie

I started a poll on the hive mind to see if you guys want and like the hive mind or not. The system is pretty poorly written as it was one of my first features I wrote completely on my own. Because of all the problems it caused in the past Im thinking about either rewriting it from scratch or getting rid of it completely. I will keep the poll up for a week or so and then make a decision.

Ded1

Well i am saying no however that is mainly because i like to run my colonies as scenarios using prepare carefully.  Usually i have little to no use for it in them however i will probably use it at some point.  And i have a question that has probably already been asked but i am to lazy to search through 13 pages.  If a solar flare shuts the hivemind down, do the skills still degrade?
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Minus

I got this mod orginally only for the hivemind I beleive. And when I got it working I loved it! Turning those useless prisoners into useful workers instead of food was nice! I have since stopped using it only because of how often their stats get reset. If you think you can get it working again though that'd be great! Really enjoyed it!

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance