Red error messages after purchasing royalty/ideology bundle

Started by Nissifer, August 01, 2021, 12:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nissifer

I downloaded Rimworld on steam a while back and have been playing it with no problems but today I purchased the Royalty/Ideology bundle (also on steam) and I'm getting red error messages on start up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I've cleared all my mods and am only using core and I'm still getting the red error messages. Any advice?

Canute

Hi,
3 possible things come in my mind.
- core and the DLC's arn't at the same version. But since you use steam they should be all the same version. Except you maybe use a beta version.

- Core got some unwanted/old files. These files don't get deleted when you use uninstal. Inside the installation folder you find the Data folder. Delete that Data folder and let steam repair/reinstall it.

- Some bad config files, just delete the Config folder. You can find these where the savegames are located. At the Options you should find a button to open the Saved data location.

If that all don't help, the logfile (player.log) would helpful (Saved data location). To attach files you need to use Reply button and then you got the option to attach files.

Nissifer

Thx. Deleting the data folder and doing another reinstall fixed it.