[1.1][MODLIST] Glitter Tech

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Maitri

Quote from: Dryparn on April 20, 2016, 09:16:52 AM
Sam_
Fixed compability with "A dog said" surgery mod. No more 4 front legged dogs.
It's just some small edits. I did them for myself really but i hate redundant work so use as you please.

This fixed my issue too. I hope the creator sees this and posts the solution to the front page to let people know more easily.

caekdaemon

Quote from: Ryusho on April 30, 2016, 07:19:05 AM
Quote from: SirDerpface on April 26, 2016, 03:05:44 PM
Quote from: Valor on April 26, 2016, 03:46:21 AM
Quote from: SirDerpface on April 25, 2016, 11:41:23 AM
All the animals in the world have extremely weak legs that never bleed.
EPOE,no ADS

Also I noticed some animals have several front legs etc.
I downloaded a def that changed that, but animals still have weak legs, correct designation and shattered legs tho

I need the fix for those stupid leg glitches, I just replaced the wrong leg on my poor warg :( Made me feel bad, removing the good leg and -replacing it- with a crappy peg leg...my poor puppy, (and excess medicine to -fix- the issue of the actual missing legs..)

Err, Well Nevermind, I just did it myself, was a little annoying but I fixed the .def >.<
I don't suppose you'd mind telling us how you did it? I'm getting boars and stags with their legs shattered on the first hit, and though it might be convenient for getting tons of food, it's not exactly balanced ;D

Percy

Any chance to have a comp patch so this awesome mod can work with Combat Realism? Currently the two mods work together with only one problem, Glitter added weapons won't fire since CR adds the need for ammo to the game. :/

Percy

Quote from: Canute on May 03, 2016, 09:34:20 AM
And where is the problem, Glittertech weapons are far superior with integrated warp batteries which draw power from the subspace. They don't need any ammo.

I think Combat Realism mod forces all weapons to use ammo :/

RemyDuron

So I'm getting Orion Corp tanks spawning out of Mechanoid crashed ship parts (well, at least the poison ship, psychic ship didn't spawn any). And when they are supposed to charge my base they sort of move halfway and then just stand still. This makes poison ships (at least the couple I've encountered) incredibly difficult to deal with because, even if I can hurt them enough to make the mechanoids charge, the tanks hang back and anyone I send out after them gets annihilated by their super long range cannons. Several Orion Corp groups showed up to help me and all got slaughtered with little issue. Ended up dev moding my way out of it.

Is this supposed to happen? Seems weird that the mechanoid ship has Orion Corp tanks on it. Also, they seemed to stop charging my base as soon as the other mechanoids (who were faster) were killed by my defenses. Sorry if someone else has pointed this out elsewhere in the thread, I tried to look and search but there are 50+ pages and I didn't read through them all.

Lennbolt7

Quote from: SirDerpface on April 26, 2016, 03:05:44 PM
Quote from: Valor on April 26, 2016, 03:46:21 AM
Quote from: SirDerpface on April 25, 2016, 11:41:23 AM
All the animals in the world have extremely weak legs that never bleed.
EPOE,no ADS
Anyone have a fix for this? I hate to ask, but it's getting annoying having my pets break their legs all the time.
Also I noticed some animals have several front legs etc.
I downloaded a def that changed that, but animals still have weak legs, correct designation and shattered legs tho

Sam_

And where is the problem, Glittertech weapons are far superior with integrated warp batteries which draw power from the subspace. They don't need any ammo.

They actually use miniaturised Zero Point Modules that draw energy from the quantum space between the fifth and fourth dimension...or something.

I'll have a look at the defs for CR and see if I can make every gun have a default ammo count of 999999 or something.

Quote from: RemyDuron on May 03, 2016, 08:11:49 PM
So I'm getting Orion Corp tanks spawning out of Mechanoid crashed ship parts (well, at least the poison ship, psychic ship didn't spawn any). And when they are supposed to charge my base they sort of move halfway and then just stand still. This makes poison ships (at least the couple I've encountered) incredibly difficult to deal with because, even if I can hurt them enough to make the mechanoids charge, the tanks hang back and anyone I send out after them gets annihilated by their super long range cannons. Several Orion Corp groups showed up to help me and all got slaughtered with little issue. Ended up dev moding my way out of it.

Is this supposed to happen? Seems weird that the mechanoid ship has Orion Corp tanks on it. Also, they seemed to stop charging my base as soon as the other mechanoids (who were faster) were killed by my defenses. Sorry if someone else has pointed this out elsewhere in the thread, I tried to look and search but there are 50+ pages and I didn't read through them all.

This has been an issue for a long time. The Tanks use the Thinktree for mechanoids, because they behave mostly the same, however the Crashed ship part seems to choose any pawn with a mechanoid thinktree instead of specifying the exact pawn type (as it probably should). Honestly I thought it was fixed in A11, but it the change was either reverted or I was mistaken. I'll have to make a custom thinktree again, which I have had compatibility issues with in the past. Until then I suppose just destroy them in devmode, it's a bug so that's technically not cheating...

SirDerpface

Quote from: Sam_ on May 04, 2016, 06:01:09 AM

They actually use miniaturised Zero Point Modules that draw energy from the quantum space between the fifth and fourth dimension...or something.

I'll have a look at the defs for CR and see if I can make every gun have a default ammo count of 999999 or something.

Quote from: RemyDuron on May 03, 2016, 08:11:49 PM

This has been an issue for a long time. The Tanks use the Thinktree for mechanoids, because they behave mostly the same, however the Crashed ship part seems to choose any pawn with a mechanoid thinktree instead of specifying the exact pawn type (as it probably should). Honestly I thought it was fixed in A11, but it the change was either reverted or I was mistaken. I'll have to make a custom thinktree again, which I have had compatibility issues with in the past. Until then I suppose just destroy them in devmode, it's a bug so that's technically not cheating...
Or just spawn a friendly tribe raid and watch them butcher the tank

daryan

Hey, i get this error message when loading in Glittertech. it only shows up when i add in glittertech to the other mods i have running, so fairly sure it comes from this mod.  http://prnt.sc/b169d3

JerryBi

almost 8 hours of playing i don't saw Black market trader what can be wrong?
Also where set its frequency of appearance ?

dj84722

I found an interesting compatibility bug, if the glitter tech mod is placed below the A2B: conveyor belts mod, it causes both placed and map generated walls to have a power toggle button on them and make them able to have breakdowns

Because of how close those 2 mods were in close my mod order i was able to swap them without any issues in my current save, i don't know what will happen if they are far apart

I saved while one of my colonists was replacing a component in a wood wall, when i loaded it he was still trying to repair it even though there was no breakdown anymore, drafting and undrafting him fixed that

hector212121

I finally noticed something! Alpha poly has 300% rest effectiveness.

You can find alpha poly small statues on the cheap, deconstruct, and make alpha poly beds. Add a good builder and you can get 350% rest effectiveness.

Sam_

Quote from: dj84722 on May 11, 2016, 08:47:21 AM
I found an interesting compatibility bug, if the glitter tech mod is placed below the A2B: conveyor belts mod, it causes both placed and map generated walls to have a power toggle button on them and make them able to have breakdowns

Because of how close those 2 mods were in close my mod order i was able to swap them without any issues in my current save, i don't know what will happen if they are far apart

I saved while one of my colonists was replacing a component in a wood wall, when i loaded it he was still trying to repair it even though there was no breakdown anymore, drafting and undrafting him fixed that

Are you certain they were standard walls? Glittertech adds window walls and Wall lights. I assume the back end code for lights will add a break down event for them.

dj84722

Quote from: Sam_ on May 11, 2016, 06:31:31 PM
Quote from: dj84722 on May 11, 2016, 08:47:21 AM

Are you certain they were standard walls? Glittertech adds window walls and Wall lights. I assume the back end code for lights will add a break down event for them.

yes they were standard walls, this was on a new colony with no research done, map generated stone brick walls also had the same problem but the power button didn't appear till they were claimed

a bit more detail on the A2B thread
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10644.msg219879#msg219879

caekdaemon

Completely forgot to post this here, but if you see my post here, I've got a big bunch o' errors and the first on the list seems to come from Glitter Tech's dynamic relaxation chair, and CCL really doesn't seem to like it  :-[ My mod order has grown a little since then, but the rest of the information is the same, so here's the updated list of mods.

<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1135</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
    <li>LT_RedistHeat</li>
    <li>Apparello</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>GlitterTech</li>
    <li>Powerless! v1.52</li>
    <li>RimPharma v2.11</li>