[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

adimus12

The Xenon ion turbine says in the description that it needs to be placed on a geyser but that is not the case, i checked the "Buildings_advancedPower.xml" and its missing the <placeWorkers>
      <li>PlaceWorker_OnSteamGeyser</li>
    </placeWorkers>
Also when i build the Dynamic Relaxation chair it disappears when it finishes construction.

justinpatrick1011

Hey there, owner. Do you have links for an Alpha 13 version of this mod? It could be version 1.45, or version 1.44?

Lem Wright

Cross-posting from the Prepare Carefully thread.

No idea what the actual issue is, but there suddenly seems to be a conflict between this mod and Prepare Carefully.

123nick

ive found a bug, when orion corporation trys to siege, they wont build anything, and my log is getting spammed with a null reference exception:

im using a lot of mods though:

<li>Core</li>
         <li>Community Core Library</li>
         <li>EdB Prepare Carefully</li>
         <li>Toxic Fallout Protection Suit</li>
         <li>Clutter Furniture Module</li>
         <li>Clutter Structures</li>
         <li>ESM - Mine Vein</li>
         <li>ESM - Mountain Temp</li>
         <li>ESM - Smooth Wall</li>
         <li>High Caliber</li>
         <li>Infused</li>
         <li>Izzyssentials Core</li>
         <li>Izzyssentials Furniture</li>
         <li>Izzyssentials Lights</li>
         <li>Izzyssentials Switch</li>
         <li>Area Rugs v1.04</li>
         <li>Miscellaneous 'CORE'</li>
         <li>Misc. MapGenerator</li>
         <li>Misc. Incidents</li>
         <li>Misc. MAI</li>
         <li>Misc. Robots</li>
         <li>PowerSwitch</li>
         <li>Misc. Training</li>
         <li>Misc. Objects</li>
         <li>Misc. Patch - Prepare Carefully</li>
         <li>Hospitality</li>
         <li>Colony Manager</li>
         <li>Stonecutting Tweak v1.02</li>
         <li>Medical Tab</li>
         <li>Right Tool For The Job v1.15</li>
         <li>RTGs v1.15</li>
         <li>Follow Me!</li>
         <li>Work Tab</li>
         <li>Animals Tab</li>
         <li>Blueprints</li>
         <li>Area Unlocker</li>
         <li>Relations Tab</li>
         <li>One Big Family</li>
         <li>Animal Hide Working v2.10</li>
         <li>Capsule Power v1.02</li>
         <li>Medical Training v1.05</li>
         <li>Log Walls v1.26</li>
         <li>Fluffy Breakdowns</li>
         <li>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering</li>
         <li>P-Music</li>
         <li>Tilled Soil</li>
         <li>More Trade Ships</li>
         <li>Fences v1.01</li>
         <li>Furnace</li>
         <li>Double Population</li>
         <li>Miniaturisation</li>
         <li>[T] ExpandedCloth</li>
         <li>[T] MoreBedsCloth</li>
         <li>[T] MoreFloors</li>
         <li>[T] ExpandedCrops</li>
         <li>Glitter Tech (No Surgery)</li>
         <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
         <li>ED-ReinforcedStuff</li>
         <li>ED-ClosableVent</li>
         <li>ED-PoweredVent</li>
         <li>ED-SubspaceTransponder</li>
         <li>ED-AutoLoader</li>
         <li>ED-Moat</li>
         <li>Auto Seller</li>
         <li>LT-DoorMat</li>
         <li>LT-A Dog Said...</li>
         <li>Roof Support</li>
         <li>RedistHeat</li>
         <li>Foam grenades</li>
         <li>Mind Altering Device</li>
         <li>PowerArmourMKII</li>
         <li>MedievalShields</li>
         <li>ArmourRepair</li>
         <li>Allow Tool</li>
         <li>Recycle</li>
         <li>Remote Explosives</li>
         <li>Rimsenal - Federation TEST a14</li>
         <li>Rimsenal</li>
         <li>Rimsenal - Feral TEST</li>
         <li>Rimsenal - Security</li>
         <li>Talons</li>
         <li>Apparello 2</li>
         <li>Expanded Traits</li>
         <li>Mechanite Augmentation</li>
         <li>More Vanilla Turrets</li>
         <li>Numbers</li>
         <li>CorePanda</li>
         <li>Cupro's Drinks</li>
         <li>Additional Joy Objects</li>
         <li>Dwarven Crafts</li>
         <li>Extra Floors</li>
         <li>Ancient Amulets</li>
         <li>Cupro's Alloys</li>
         <li>Expanded Power</li>
         <li>Zen Garden</li>
         <li>RimPharma</li>
         <li>Powerless!</li>
         <li>Quarry</li>

edit: i also got a error when clicking on ofe of the artillery buildings they had set too be built: its a barrage cannon, from another mod, and clicking on it made a error in the debug log:

The Master

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I make ethanol? I've got over ten thousand corn, but I don't know what production table to use to make ethanol with it.

While I'd still like an answer, I've given up on waiting for it and just spawned a ton of it.

Sam_

Quote from: adimus12 on July 25, 2016, 04:07:16 PM
The Xenon ion turbine says in the description that it needs to be placed on a geyser but that is not the case, i checked the "Buildings_advancedPower.xml" and its missing the <placeWorkers>
      <li>PlaceWorker_OnSteamGeyser</li>
    </placeWorkers>
Also when i build the Dynamic Relaxation chair it disappears when it finishes construction.

That chair seems to be buggy, especially if you are using a mod with CCL. The steam geyser placeworker is currently hardcoded since about Alpha 12 and the placeworker doesn't work. Just ignore the description.

Quote from: 123nick on July 26, 2016, 10:41:09 AM
ive found a bug, when orion corporation trys to siege, they wont build anything, and my log is getting spammed with a null reference exception:

im using a lot of mods though:

Using such a large number of mods will always be unstable until a large effort for compatibility is made. Such an effort probably wont happen until the game is out of alpha. It seems to me that a mod is adding a new version of artillery, and when the siege incident is instantiated with a mod faction there's no compatibility. There's not much I can do, aside from suggesting you choose one mod or the other.

Bobylein

So far I am the first year into my playthrough with Glitter tech and I really like most things I see.

Some problems though, that already exist within the vanilla game, are things like:

I have researched everything from Glittertech now but haven't been able to build one single item myself, I have found absolutely no titanium or other modresource, only to buy for ridiclious prices.
Which makes the research speed feel waaaaaaay out of bounds.
How can I have researched everything without testing any theory in practice? This just seems wrong to me.

Another "problem" is that it makes the rest of the game obsolete, the first trader from a nother village which came across had two different glitter tech weapons on hands, I grabbed a awful ABP-1 for just 900 silver, it still had better accuracy than any vanilla weapon and the guy who carries it so far single handely stopped every single raid (except one tribe raid, too many guys...) on my colony with his awesome shooting skill of 8.
Nearly every shot hits over half of the map and the bad guys flee before they even come into range of my snipers, it one shots humans and often even mechanoids, which make any vanilla raid simply boring. There is nothing of the hardcore feeling you mentioned in the introduction post.

So far I have seen the orion guys one time in action and I really fear that if they ever attack me, that they'll simply roflstomp me (it was a single guy killing 20+ manhunter muffalos ALONE with just two or three scratches)
But until that time there is not much to do except digging the whole map in the hope of finding some titanium.

Other than that, I really look forward what the mod will bring once the game begins, thanks for all the toys you added (I really adore that mooing tank :P ) and I will write again when I was able to get more experience with it.

PS: I play on  cassandra rough.

123nick

Quote from: Bobylein on July 31, 2016, 01:08:29 PM
So far I am the first year into my playthrough with Glitter tech and I really like most things I see.

Some problems though, that already exist within the vanilla game, are things like:

I have researched everything from Glittertech now but haven't been able to build one single item myself, I have found absolutely no titanium or other modresource, only to buy for ridiclious prices.
Which makes the research speed feel waaaaaaay out of bounds.
How can I have researched everything without testing any theory in practice? This just seems wrong to me.

Another "problem" is that it makes the rest of the game obsolete, the first trader from a nother village which came across had two different glitter tech weapons on hands, I grabbed a awful ABP-1 for just 900 silver, it still had better accuracy than any vanilla weapon and the guy who carries it so far single handely stopped every single raid (except one tribe raid, too many guys...) on my colony with his awesome shooting skill of 8.
Nearly every shot hits over half of the map and the bad guys flee before they even come into range of my snipers, it one shots humans and often even mechanoids, which make any vanilla raid simply boring. There is nothing of the hardcore feeling you mentioned in the introduction post.

So far I have seen the orion guys one time in action and I really fear that if they ever attack me, that they'll simply roflstomp me (it was a single guy killing 20+ manhunter muffalos ALONE with just two or three scratches)
But until that time there is not much to do except digging the whole map in the hope of finding some titanium.

Other than that, I really look forward what the mod will bring once the game begins, thanks for all the toys you added (I really adore that mooing tank :P ) and I will write again when I was able to get more experience with it.

PS: I play on  cassandra rough.

the orion guys mightve been able too take you on, even with APB rifles, also, there is a comandos faction added by this mod?  they ALL have APB weaponry, so they could probably outmatch you. about the titanium, im not sure if its just me being lucky, but i found a titanium vein only just south of my base, so maybe it just doesent spawn in your location? i think sometimes, certain resources wont spawn, like you wont get plasteel or uranium spawning, so you can only get it via traders, but i may be wrong. also, there is cargo  pods, maybe they will have titanium?

Sam_

lemote

Hey! This mod is really cool, but I've run into a problem. I'm fairly new to Rimworld, so this is probably just be my inner noob kicking in. Anyhow, I've been unable to do surgery on my colonists. Whenever I put up the bill for my colonist to have his leg replaced with an advanced bionic leg that I have for use, he simply sleeps in the bed waiting for the colony doctor to do the job, but the doctor never does. I have already made sure I have someone playing doctor, along with the fact that I am using a steel hospital bed. I also have medicine, so I'm not sure what seems to be causing the problem here.

Cainen

Looks like the update broke creating bills to install cybernetics/bionics that were added by GT.

lemote

Quote from: Cainen on August 01, 2016, 10:46:32 PM
Looks like the update broke creating bills to install cybernetics/bionics that were added by GT.

Oh. Has this happened to you, or are you just inferring based off of my experiences?

Cainen

Happened to me.  I thought it was a compatibility issue with other mods at first but that wasn't the case - I generated a new world with only GT and Prepare Carefully enabled so I could have the cybernetics off of the bat and it still wouldn't let me add bills for them.

lemote

Damn, that sucks. Well, hopefully this is being addressed in the next update..

kokuto

Are the Glitter Tech cybernetics any different from those from Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering?