Please make Thrumbo fur only viable by Sheering.

Started by khun_poo, August 15, 2021, 12:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

Thrumbo fur is the best material for clothing. So, every Thrumbo wander in the map usually KoS.

So, I suggest that Taming Thrumbo should have more benefit. By make Thrumbo fur only viable by sheering them like sheep with only low success rate or very low yield which get better with higher animal skill. Also make butchering them only get you meat and horn would be fair.

Also, imo animal handler skill is kinda lackluster on late game. Because their only job late game is just to retrain hauler dog, milking cow or sheering sheep. Roping count as animal job but didn't use animal skill same with slaughter, so anyone could do that if their animal skill did not disable by backstories. After we get a pair of animal we like in colony, I've never use the tame command anymore (Unless I plan to use insect in my colony since they can't breed). Thrumbo on the other hand take forever to pregnant and another forever to growth. So, it's could better to tame on sight if game change the way to get it's priceless fur.

I know about the mod of sheering Thumbo already, My point is that Thrumbo should give less profit for killing it. However, Thanks in advance ;D

And.... Thank you for reading.  :D

Alenerel

I do not agree because Thrumbos eat just too much. They are made like this so they enter the map, eat everything and get out.

Ark

Quote from: khun_poo on August 15, 2021, 12:29:14 PM
By make Thrumbo fur only viable by sheering them like sheep with only low success rate or very low yield which get better with higher animal skill.

In 1.2 I would have said that you are utterly mad.
But given that 1.3 changed Thrumbo baseHungerRate from 3.5 to 1.75, gestationPeriodDays from 60 to 20 and minimum adult age from 4.0 to 1.332, thrumbo farming actually sounds sort of plausible.
Butchering would have to give thrumbohide.

SeminarCaviar

Quote from: Alenerel on August 15, 2021, 06:05:52 PM
I do not agree because Thrumbos eat just too much. They are made like this so they enter the map, eat everything and get out.
I agree with this. I have a love-hate relationship with those creatures.

Swyftie

I wouldn't make it so that Thrumbo fur is only available through sheering, killing them should still yield some, but I agree that being able to sheer them would be a nice addition.

Canute

Just a dump question,
shouldn't you get thrumbo wool when you just shear the thrumbo ?
When you would get fur from shearing you would get of his though skin each time, i don't think any animal would like that.

khun_poo

Quote from: Canute on August 16, 2021, 04:36:59 AM
Just a dump question,
shouldn't you get thrumbo wool when you just shear the thrumbo ?
When you would get fur from shearing you would get of his though skin each time, i don't think any animal would like that.

Oopse. You got a point lol

GoblinCookie

Moretti

Taming thrumbo will skyrocket your wealth. That's the reason why everyone prefer to kill ASAP.
If you sheer thrumbo, you should get thrumbo wool with insulation, but without armor. That's the only valid and balanced way to allow thrumbo sheering.

khun_poo

Quote from: Moretti on August 19, 2021, 09:22:04 AM
Taming thrumbo will skyrocket your wealth. That's the reason why everyone prefer to kill ASAP.
If you sheer thrumbo, you should get thrumbo wool with insulation, but without armor. That's the only valid and balanced way to allow thrumbo sheering.

No, you miss my point. If you said that sheering to get Thrumbo wool but only get its insulation without armor, that doesn't promote anyone to tame them at all. Also Thrumbo alone skyrocketed colony wealth just like you already mention.

To balance it, the wool should have the property of the current fur. Just remove the fur entirely or nerf them to only good at insulation is fair.

Canute

But there are allready nice mod's for thrumbo's do you realy want them at the vanilla ?
You can shear them for fur (very cruel mod :-) )
You can shear them for wool, milk them and be pack animal.