Managing multiple colonies.

Started by Rami da, August 27, 2021, 05:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rami da

Hi all,

Ive got some questions regarding colony management. In particular in how the game handles several colonies at once. My main colony is rapidly running out of hills/mountains to mine for steel and other minerals. It is located quite close to some mountain ranges though and I want to setup another colony to act as a mine.

1: How does the story teller AI handle events. Do they happen on all colonies, or just at one?
2: If I get attacked, do I get attacked everywhere or just in 1 spot?
3: On that point, if I get attacked in a newer settlement will the attack be as heavy as the one I would receive in my main settlement?
4: Are temperatures the same in every colony or are they seperate from eachother?
5: How does the AI storyteller decide what happens where? If we get attacked, does it prioritize any colonies?
6: If all your colonists get killed in 1 location, can you still send colonists from another location to that colony afterwards to recover the colony or is it lost forever?
7: I take supplies are tied to the colony in that they are in. Is there a way to share resources or are we basicly stuck with constant caravaning back and forth if we want to take supplies from point A and use them in point B?

Cheers for any help with this   

เกมจรวดวัดใจ

Canute

1. just one, depend on the wealth on that colony.
2. every colony got his own event. It can happen that both colonies get raided at the same time but they arn't linked together.
3. since a caravan prolly comes to late, you should have transport pods ready or a psycast with farskip to send aid.
When the wealth of that 2.colony isn't high the raids should be weak either. When you pawn's arn't wimp and well equiped they should handle it.
4. Depend on the biome, but cold snap,heat weave are current map. Solare flare is global.
5. Basicly the 2. colony got his own story, beside the endgame quests (AI ship,Royalty ascend).
6. like when you caravan with all pawn's of your current colony the colony isn't lost when no pawn isn't left.
You allways can send replacements.
7. There isn't any global resources, you need to send over food to one colony and the mined resources back.

If you want to play with mod's you can try out the mod "Set up camp" that allow you to create temporary map and can mine/stip these.
These temp. map's don't have any events and with the default settings you can't camp at the same tile again for a year.
Normaly the map get closed when all pawn's left the map, but like some other things that can get changed at the mod settings.