What do I do with all of these clothes!!!

Started by Charleston, August 18, 2014, 10:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charleston

After playing the game for awhile I've noticed how much the clothing stacks up. You can't sell it and putting it in a big pile doesn't help for long. What do you guys think we should be able to do with extra clothing?

Thunder Rahja

muffins

I put stockpiles for clothing in every bedroom and pretend they're the colonists clothes.

RawCode

dont strip bodies you dont want.

this is soo damn simple.

Bog

Quote from: RawCode on August 18, 2014, 11:56:51 PM
Early game players tend to strip bodies to get at the jackets and hats.

Mid game they try strip bodies to replace the last of those with armour vests and kevlar helmets.

Late game they strip bodies to get power armour to finish relplacing all their armour vests.

In the end you likely strip 2-3 bodies per colonist you have, and they all tend to wear shirts.

If your colony has 60 people join it then by the time they're all wearing power armour you might acquire 120+ shirts as well as excess hats and armour vests and stuff without actually wanting to.

Of course there's a very easy solution to all of this. Molotov cocktails. I just make a stockpile that only gets corpses and shirts in it on a patch of desert/mud/concrete, make sure to disable the home region zone on the stockpile and throw a single cocktail into the middle every time it gets full. The fire will spread and destroy everything in the stockpile unless it starts raining.

It's actually really easy. If you want a more "predesigned" version go download a mod that lets them be burned in crematoriums. But I've never actually built a crematorium, because I generally get a free molotov cocktail pretty soon and that's honestly all you need.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Charleston

Quote from: RawCode on August 18, 2014, 11:56:51 PM

this is soo damn simple.
I know I can do this but I'm just looking for different ways to get rid of clothing I've collected over the time I spent in the beginning of the game.

Snownova

In alpha 6 the crematorium has the option to burn apparel. Just make sure you turn off power armor and such or those will be burned as well.

Celthric Aysen

it wouldn't hurt if you put them in a room and throw a molotov or a grenade in their, wont it?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Damien Hart

Wear them all, and be sure to take a photo as each new item of clothing is added, then make a montage out of the photos.

Rahjital

Quote from: Bog on August 19, 2014, 12:07:23 AM
Of course there's a very easy solution to all of this. Molotov cocktails. I just make a stockpile that only gets corpses and shirts in it on a patch of desert/mud/concrete, make sure to disable the home region zone on the stockpile and throw a single cocktail into the middle every time it gets full. The fire will spread and destroy everything in the stockpile unless it starts raining.

Clothes didn't burn in Alpha 5, so I wouldn't blame people for not knowing it can be done in Alpha 6 (it can be done, right? I haven't tried so myself so far)

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Rahjital on August 19, 2014, 06:41:42 AM
Quote from: Bog on August 19, 2014, 12:07:23 AM

Clothes didn't burn in Alpha 5, so I wouldn't blame people for not knowing it can be done in Alpha 6 (it can be done, right? I haven't tried so myself so far)

Yes it can be done, the Crematorium has a new bill option that allows colonists to bring Apparel to it and destroy said apparel inside. Personally I never understood what was so hard about making a Dumping stockpile outside your base and sending a few guys out with Molotovs and Grenades every once in a while to "Take out the trash". But, having this option is nice!
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Rahjital

I meant molotovs, though. Throwing them at clothes in Alpha 5 was useless because the fire just died out. Do clothes actually burn and spread fire in Alpha 6?

Shinzy

Gather more of them of every color and make scaled down mona lisa apparel art with them =P

Calistyn

I end up using the crematorium just because the Molotovs take forever. Bodies burn faster than clothes, which makes no sense!