Help with modlist bug/errors

Started by Domitiani, December 12, 2021, 03:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domitiani

Hi all - would really appreciate some help if some knowledgeable soul would take a look at my mod error report and help me figure out what is going on. Ever since the latest patch I think either bunch of mods, or one big one, broke but the error list doesn't do a very good job of explaining which one.

I'm trying to avoid having to start a new campaign since I was very close to finishing a Archo Nexus playthrough and was on my final colony to win (I'm also quite partial to those scrappy souls and wanted to see them succeed finally).

I *think* the problem is a bug introduced with the latest Patch in combination with the Pawnmorpher mod - I recognize a few of the items from that mod in the error list but there is a LOT of red when I launch the game now (and it takes like 5m to load all of the sudden).

Thanks for taking a look - appreciate it!
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/6935af0955094ecf7a707af52056c41e

Canute

QuoteException reading Incidents_Map_Threats.xml as XML:
and similar errors.
I think these files are all corrupt.

QuoteCould not find type named VFEI.Comps.ItemComps.Properties.CompProperties_RandomHediffGiver from node <li Class="VFEI.Comps.ItemComps.Properties.CompProperties_RandomHediffGiver"><allowedRecipeDefs><li>VFEI_InstallInsectoidLeg</li><li>VFEI_InstallInsectoidArm</li><li>VFEI_InstallCompoundEye</li><li>VFEI_InstallMandibles</li><li>VFEI_InstallJellySac</li></allowedRecipeDefs></li>
Maybe missing a required mod ? Do you have any warnings at the mod activation screen ? That should show if you miss a mod.

But overall you have far to many error's at the startup, you shouldn't have created a colony anyway.

QuoteI *think* the problem is a bug introduced with the latest Patch in combination with the Pawnmorpher mod - I recognize a few of the items from that mod in the error list but there is a LOT of red when I launch the game now (and it takes like 5m to load all of the sudden).
To bad at the github page arn't any older versions.
Try to ask at their discord about the problem or ask for an old version.

Domitiani

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't removed any mods since I last played successfully, so i don't think it would be a missing mod unless the update broke a major one. All the same mods are installed as when I played for ~20 to 40 hours on the previous save with the exception of adding Rocketman recently.

Would I need to uninstall and reinstall all mods?

Canute

For your current colony you shouldn't uninstal any mod.
Since you got these problems after Pawnmorpher update, you should ask the mod author about it.
I recommend the discord, mosttimes faster responce, or the mod discussion.

But for your next colony, don't use mod's that give you error's after activation/startup. Maybe take a look at the 1. link from my signature.

Domitiani

Sorry - I'm not being clear here. I didn't get these errors after a pawnmorpher update. I got the errors after Rimworld's 1.3.3200 update. Nothing else has changed. All my other mods (including pawnmorpher) are exactly the same ones that I used prior to 1.3.3200 and I didnt have all these errors then.

Nothing else has changed. I can try the pawnmorpher Discord for help later tonight though.