[MOD](Alpha 7) Realistic Weapons V2.0 + Fortifications Mod V2.0

Started by AY, August 28, 2014, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

I'm interested in WW2, Modern, SciFi, Grenades. Wouldn't mind researching some of the other weapons though.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

VStraken

More observations!

MG34: Ingame, I've seen a listed ROF of 1800rpm; wikipedia states 800-900, while militaryfactory states 850.

Morita MkI Assault Rifle and Carbine: Both of these guns seem to have a low ROF (currently 360rpm) compared to what I've observed in Starship Troopers (the movie these guns come from). So far I've not come across anything clearly stating this value, but looking at some video clips and kind of "eyeballing"/listening to how fast it fires, maybe a good guesstimate would be ~700+rpm? Nothing so far on range either, maybe it best fits in w/ battle rifles since its stated caliber is 7.62x51.

Viperlol

Well seeing as AY has not been active since the 20th of last month, I take he may be gone? If you do come back for what ever reason AY, I implore you to update this mod.
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

MelanisticAlbino

Will this be updated for project armory for Alpha 8? I love this mod!

AY

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on December 16, 2014, 03:53:03 PM
Will this be updated for project armory for Alpha 8? I love this mod!
Quote from: Viperlol on December 15, 2014, 11:38:27 PM
Well seeing as AY has not been active since the 20th of last month, I take he may be gone? If you do come back for what ever reason AY, I implore you to update this mod.

Ridiculous amount of school work in december  :o, I'll get around to updating this mod as soon as Christmas break starts.

Evelyn

Gotta say, the thing I'm most looking forward to is the defenses. I found the weapons themselves rather unbalanced, but with Alpha 8 I now have a strong urge to use EdB's Prepare Carefully mod in combination with this one to dig a WWI-esque defense in the middle of my map.

Professor Cupcake

Any ETA on this making the transition to Alpha 8?

It looks like it could be a very desirable mod for me, and it seems incompatible.

Professor Cupcake

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Professor Cupcake on January 11, 2015, 10:05:42 AM
... is this dead?

This feels pretty dead.

:(

Well, AY hasn't been very active (last online Dec 30th) but he did say he wants to update it to A8 so I wouldn't call it dead just yet.

NoImageAvailable

Since AY is still nowhere to be found I decided to write up a program to copy-paste all the relevant data from the old version to Project Armory 217. To install first download Project Armory, then overwrite with this. Note that this is simply a machine-made copy-paste of the previously released version, it does not contain any of the features or fixes AY announced for the next version and may or may not make your computer explode.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Evul

Project Armory will provide a easy way of modifing the weapon damage in PA 2.18.
We will include a way of having deadly weapons in that release also. Just so people know :)

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Evul on January 22, 2015, 07:58:44 AM
We will include a way of having deadly weapons in that release also. Just so people know :)

That's kinda vague, are you guys just gonna release a second set of guns? Or did you actually set up an automated way of adjusting gun stats?

Evul

The bullet files are in separate xml file.

PA_BulletDef_Modern.xml
<!-- ASSAULT RIFLE -->
<ThingDef ParentName="BaseBullet">
<defName>Bullet_545x39mm_AR_PA</defName>
<label>5.45x39mm</label>
<graphicPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Big</graphicPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
<projectile>
<damageDef>Bullet</damageDef>
<DamageAmountBase>6</DamageAmountBase>
<Speed>69</Speed>
</projectile>
</ThingDef>

and they are in turn called for by the weapons meaning that if i change a damage value in the bullet xml i will change the damage for all weapons using the same bullet caliber.

SundayTuesday

"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Evul on January 22, 2015, 08:54:31 PM
The bullet files are in separate xml file.

PA_BulletDef_Modern.xml
<!-- ASSAULT RIFLE -->
<ThingDef ParentName="BaseBullet">
<defName>Bullet_545x39mm_AR_PA</defName>
<label>5.45x39mm</label>
<graphicPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Big</graphicPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
<projectile>
<damageDef>Bullet</damageDef>
<DamageAmountBase>6</DamageAmountBase>
<Speed>69</Speed>
</projectile>
</ThingDef>

and they are in turn called for by the weapons meaning that if i change a damage value in the bullet xml i will change the damage for all weapons using the same bullet caliber.

Ah, well, that should reduce the amount of bullet entries, but this mod changes quite a bit more than just bullet damage and velocity. Which is why I wrote a program to just modify XML files based on data read from a CSV. Much easier to maintain a few Excel tables than hundreds of XML files.