[MOD] (Alpha 7) TTM[animalHusbandry] v1.1a PASTURE HERE!! *fixes

Started by minami26, September 11, 2014, 02:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minami26

From the main mod

*this mod is not Old Save friendly. Please a start a new game for this mod!

animal Husbandry allows taming of wild Animals. These Domesticated animals follow their tamer and breed, complete with pregnancy period and a animal-Kid aging process.

o Research Animal Husbandry to enable the taming of all RimWorld animals

• Just look for a wild Animal and a button should be available on next to its description panel. *on the lower left side.
o Taming is dependent on the level of the 'Social' skill of a colonist, and needs to be a [Warden] worker to be able to tame.

o Tamed animals follow their tamer around so you should switch it off when you're done with them.

o Has a Pasture Marker building that can call animals to go this marker and makes domesticated animals not wander off too much from this building. You can choose what animal can pasture near a particular marker.

Should be compatible with any mod. Post here if you have problems.

Installation:
- After downloading the .rar file, just Extract its contents to your RimWorld/Mods folder and enable TTM[animalHusbandry] in the mods panel within RimWorld.

How to Update:
- Delete the old TTM[animalHusbandry] folder and replace it with the new update file.

Compatibility:
Not compatible on Old Saves, please start a new game for this mod.

It should work with anything that doesn't change any Animal type of Defs.

Download:

Alpha7 animalHusbandry v.1.1a:

TTM[animalHusbandry] v1.1 Mediafire Link

Alpha6:
TTM[animalHusbandry] v1 Mediafire Link

TTM[animalHusbandry] v0.1 Mediafire Link

Changelog:
Changelog:
v1.1a
Fixed Error on log.
Removed AnimalKid Leather spawn to fix 0 amount leather error when butchering animal kids.
corrected the research cost.

v1.1
Alpha 7 Compatibility
New:
made Alpha7 animals tamable and breed.

New Building:
Pasture Marker - can call animals to go this marker and makes domesticated animals not wander off too much from this building.
You can choose what animal can pasture near a particular marker.

Changes:
Made domesticated animals able to open doors.

License:
Please ask for permission to use for integration, dissection, and whatnot. Please do not redistribute individual parts as your own. Give credits please, thankyou!

KnightsCross

Reaper

HECK YES MAN YA DID IT.

oh um the interface mod ya... not quite compatible they work but the hunt button when clicking a animal is busted with one of the taming mods installed (or at least the tech tree mod)

minami26

Quote from: Reaper on September 11, 2014, 05:37:29 AM
oh um the interface mod ya... not quite compatible they work but the hunt button when clicking a animal is busted with one of the taming mods installed (or at least the tech tree mod)

I'll check out the incompatibility. i'll ask edb how to fix it for the full version. thanks for checkin it out!

Girlinhat

Reaper

Quote from: minami26 on September 11, 2014, 08:41:14 AM
Quote from: Reaper on September 11, 2014, 05:37:29 AM

I'll check out the incompatibility. i'll ask edb how to fix it for the full version. thanks for checkin it out!

this mod or the bug? becuase i have been waiting on this bad boy for long time.

Reaper

another thing the muffles tend to starve if follow mod is left on as they will try to eat but can't stay in one place long enough if follow is set and they can't reach the warden.

Another thing
Can i has feeder?
Copy the chest code from ttm and have muffles eat directly from the chest
can i has non autoharvestable feed crop?
(just make a wild crop and give colonists the option to grow it and a bug will do the rest i believe, you could just copy the wild grass too)

right now i have a agave patch that they eat from but in hate it when my people harvest it and take food from my meat supply.

WolfgangPolska

i have suggestion: Make the female muffalo can be milked. And milk can be eaten raw, or you could make cheese with it.
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

minami26

hello guys v1 is ready, but this isn't old save friendly please start a new game to play the new version.
Had to sort out a few stuff and remade the whole codes for the separate version. it will also be another bundle together with TTM just like custom events.

for TTM players with sorry but you can't update to animalHusbandry v1, v2.9 TTM is almost ready anyway :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Reaper on September 13, 2014, 06:33:23 PM
another thing the muffles tend to starve if follow mod is left on as they will try to eat but can't stay in one place long enough if follow is set and they can't reach the warden.

Another thing
Can i has feeder?
Copy the chest code from ttm and have muffles eat directly from the chest
can i has non autoharvestable feed crop?
(just make a wild crop and give colonists the option to grow it and a bug will do the rest i believe, you could just copy the wild grass too)

right now i have a agave patch that they eat from but in hate it when my people harvest it and take food from my meat supply.

I just let domesticated animals pasture around in the map, I just let them breed and hunt their babies. cuz im a monster.

Reaper

Letting them run around the map makes them kinda hard to track... and hunting them is a pain when your being raided, i kinda see this mod as a solution to hunting. Having to send people around your mess of a map.

realitybend

How do I get tamed animals to enter "fenced" areas (with rock rubble walls and a wooden door). Is there a better way to do this?

Killaim

Quote from: realitybend on September 25, 2014, 03:57:24 PM
How do I get tamed animals to enter "fenced" areas (with rock rubble walls and a wooden door). Is there a better way to do this?

agreed would be nice with a way to close open a penned in area for the animals - having to build a wall/door each time you add to it is a hassel

also getting quite alot of lag using this mod in later stage dunno where or what is doing it but playing with out the mod on removes any early lag buildup

minami26

Quote from: Killaim on September 25, 2014, 07:56:27 PM
also getting quite alot of lag using this mod in later stage dunno where or what is doing it but playing with out the mod on removes any early lag buildup

is your save still with you where it lags on startup with this mod on?
Can i please have your output_log.txt file when you open the save. and save + world files please. I'd like to know what is causing it. :) thankyou so much!

Quote from: realitybend on September 25, 2014, 03:57:24 PM

I'll try to make a pasture zone for alpha7, not promising! if that doesn't work out ill make a designator where the animals are forced to that building when night time comes.

minami26

alpha 7 update made all the new animals tamable and breed plus a new pasture marker building to force animals to come to it and make them stay there. :)

Making a pasture zone was a bit complicated.. so I resorted to this.. >.<

heres a changelog:
Changelog:
v1.1
Alpha 7 Compatibility
New:
made Alpha7 animals tamable and breed.

New Building:
Pasture Marker - can call animals to go this marker and makes domesticated animals not wander off too much from this building.
You can choose what animal can pasture near a particular marker.

Changes:
Made domesticated animals able to open doors.

Visitor000

I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.