[MOD] (Alpha 9) More Storage - New skip, pallet and gunrack added

Started by skullywag, September 23, 2014, 05:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

john pretzel

This was needed in alpha 8. Places to store things. Thanks for sharing!

Dead_End_Road

I dunno if you can make it so that the temperature of the room is the same for the item placed in the storage?

skullywag

Quote from: Dead_End_Road on December 18, 2014, 01:42:13 PM
I dunno if you can make it so that the temperature of the room is the same for the item placed in the storage?

Not sure i understand you?

Niknud

I think he means if you have a empty corner in a refrigerated room and you put food baskets directly next to and above or below, so that the corner is boxed in by the baskets, that corner will not drop below freezing so the food next to it doesn't either.

My issue is how to move rotting food from the storage area.  Can you make a trash bin for that rotting food? 

skullywag

ah i see do equipment racks do this also?

ill look into a trash can, its something ive started a few times.

Dead_End_Road

Quote from: skullywag on December 20, 2014, 08:40:04 AM
Quote from: Dead_End_Road on December 18, 2014, 01:42:13 PM

Not sure i understand you?
Uh sorry, When you build one of your food storage items into a freezer the food in them don't stay frozen.

skullywag

really....wow..thats broken. ill do some investigation, this might be a limitation of the game.

Kilderon

I noticed that any object with <passability>Impassible</passability> takes on the property "Outside" if you mouse over it in game, thereby taking on whatever the outside environment's temperature is. Reading this bug made me curious and I'm fairly sure I've found at least a temporary work around for this issue.

Changing the passability of baskets to PassThroughOnly allowed it to be considered "inside" and take on the temperature of the room around it. And it's not really all that unrealistic either concerning baskets.

EDIT: Actually, I'm unable to replicate the original problem. Impassable baskets do register as outside, but the items inside seem to take the temperature of the room around it just fine for me. You can create basket walls though which creates separate rooms with divergent temperatures. Question: Did you build the basket on top of the blue tile that the cooler chills in your refrigerator, or use baskets to room it off? Because it'd act like a wall then, and... well block your refrigerator from cooling down.

Evul

shade88

Quote from: Kilderon on December 21, 2014, 08:21:16 AM
I noticed that any object with <passability>Impassible</passability> takes on the property "Outside" if you mouse over it in game, thereby taking on whatever the outside environment's temperature is. Reading this bug made me curious and I'm fairly sure I've found at least a temporary work around for this issue.

Changing the passability of baskets to PassThroughOnly allowed it to be considered "inside" and take on the temperature of the room around it. And it's not really all that unrealistic either concerning baskets.

EDIT: Actually, I'm unable to replicate the original problem. Impassable baskets do register as outside, but the items inside seem to take the temperature of the room around it just fine for me. You can create basket walls though which creates separate rooms with divergent temperatures. Question: Did you build the basket on top of the blue tile that the cooler chills in your refrigerator, or use baskets to room it off? Because it'd act like a wall then, and... well block your refrigerator from cooling down.

I was able to recreate the problem once, when I placed a storage container in the room before building the cooler. The temperature cooled around the container, but selecting the cooler showed the container was an island of dead air, unaffected by it. I fixed it by destroying and re-constructing the container.

skullywag

hmm so calculation of cells to change temperature only takes into account objects that are not impassable on placement of a heater/cooler and no update....interesting...could be classed as a bug...kind of

skullywag

updoooooooted to alpha 9.

Removed skip as it was crap and i found myself not using it and was always using igabods pallet so....yeah its gone....need a texture for the food baskets if anyones up for it.

Voideka

Could you make something to store cloth/leather? That's one of the few things in my base sitting on the floor now, aside from body parts.

skullywag