[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Jaxxa

I will have a new version up soon, probably tomorrow.

It will be changing a few things with how the Shields are working.

Where will be Small / Standard / Fortress and SIF shields.

The SIF Shield will be unchanged and works how it currently does.
The Small / Standard (Previously Basic) Shields will be mostly unchanged.

The Fortress Shield (Previously CRAM) now has the ability to block Direct Fire weapons, but does not have the Fire suppression mode that Small / Standard do. However the Fortress Shield can now counter DropPods. While Shields can not stop DropPods as they to weapon, because of their increased Mass, they can make certain that they cant stop it. It can overload the Avionics system, causing the decent rockets not to fire so that the DropPod slams into the ground at terminal Velocity.

Practically this means that instead of drooping off people they will now hit the ground with a bang.

Dragoon

I enabled the core and shield files but when I place them down they build it and it vanishs.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Dragoon on October 15, 2014, 11:46:37 PM
I enabled the core and shield files but when I place them down they build it and it vanishs.
Are you using the latest version?
Are there any errors in the log?
Did you enable ED-Core before the Shield module?

Dragoon

I am using the latest version,yes, and how do I enable the core first?
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Jaxxa

It should be the order that you enable it in the mod menu, although I would have expected it to give errors if that was the problem.

Dragoon

the core is at the top of all the ed stuff but when I enable shields and restart my game I get errors.

Jaxxa

The list is always in Alphabetical order. What matters is the order you enabled them in.

Try disabling everything except for the Rimworld "Core", restart the game, Enable ED-Core, Restart the game, enable ed-shield.

Jaxxa

New Update, the main new feature is that DropPods can be intercepted now.
You can keep the shield up and stop them droping directly into your base.

The Fortress can "disrupt the avionic systems of DropPods, caulsing failure of their decent rockets and therefore a terminal velocity impact."

-Changes to Shields
--Standard / Small / Fortress / SIF Shields
-Allow Artillery to FlyOver Shields
-DropPod Intercept Mode
-Fix to Toggle of Visually Showing Shields not being restored on Save Load
-Shield Texture Updates

Dragoon

I did that still get this error.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Dragoon on October 17, 2014, 01:34:43 AM
I'm sure you downloaded ED from github, didn't you? It doesn't contain required .dll file, check  "ED-Core\Assemblies" and if there is no .dll files - re-download and use version from nexus or mediafire from OP-post.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Tsilliev

I am using the mod very good progress with the content, ty. I want to report something, when I enable ED-MortarAmmo, and when I finish building the mortars they dont spawn, also the same with wireless power, maybe another mod is interfering?

And also when I start the game at the menu I see this log error, its about the droppods.

(i dont see spoiler button to hide the pics, tell me if its too spammy wil lremove them)

Dragoon

Quote from: Kulverstukass on October 17, 2014, 04:02:55 AM
Quote from: Dragoon on October 17, 2014, 01:34:43 AM
I'm sure you downloaded ED from github, didn't you? It doesn't contain required .dll file, check  "ED-Core\Assemblies" and if there is no .dll files - re-download and use version from nexus or mediafire from OP-post.

Yes I think that was it thanks!

Jaxxa

Quote from: Tsilliev on October 17, 2014, 11:18:48 AM
I am using the mod very good progress with the content, ty. I want to report something, when I enable ED-MortarAmmo, and when I finish building the mortars they dont spawn, also the same with wireless power, maybe another mod is interfering?
(i dont see spoiler button to hide the pics, tell me if its too spammy wil lremove them)

I just did an FAQ (linked from the first post) of how to fix some problems that people are having, hopefully including yours.

Can you please go through this and let me know how you go.

RoxTaze

I have some ideas for this mod, but i'm not sure about it's efficiency - they may be too imbalance for early times.. (but helpful later.)
Trust me - i'm an Engineer!

keeper_247

how do you make shells? or can you only buy them for weapon traders?