[A15] Less Incident Trolling (v1.4.3 / 26 Aug 2016)

Started by RemingtonRyder, October 15, 2014, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsilliev

Quote from: Girlinhat on October 18, 2014, 09:21:06 PM
Can you do anything about the annoying electrical explosions too?  I'd personally like them just removed from the game.  They don't add content, just tedium, as suddenly you have to rebuild a few power conduits and repair damages.  Plus it's the only event that you cannot defend against - solar flares, eclipses, and raiders (even drop pods) all have a method to counter, but power explosions are just cheatingly annoying and unstoppable.
I agree, maybe add a research project like "Improved Wiring" with 500 research cost which actually reduces the chance by %50, and then maybe a second project after this one "Optic Fiber Wiring" with research cost of 800 that reduces the chance to %95. Instead of removing them its more fun to tackle the problem by reasearching new tech.

But Girlinhat if you want you can go and remove it right now, go to the folder LessIncidentTrolling in the mod of rimworld, go to defs, go to incidentdef,go in the BaseIncidents.xml and go to line 103 and there is the shortcurcuit.
Make the chance to 0 or make the refire delay higher.

RemingtonRyder

I agree that the electrical explosions are a bit annoying.

I'm not sure exactly what the criteria for one is apart from rolling against the random incident table, but I know that you can minimise the damage by having separate electrical circuits (to reduce the maximum possible discharge) and by intentionally discharging batteries to avoid filling them too full.  If you can avoid using batteries for some circuits (where you have access to geothermal energy) then do so.

I'll add another version in the top post to turn them off.

NephilimNexus

Eclipses shouldn't be random at all.  They should on a fixed schedule.

For example, rescript to 100% chance every 260 days, lasting exactly 8 hours.

RemingtonRyder

I'm testing out an Alpha 8 version of this mod.  A few of the annoying incidents are no longer as annoying (can be worked around) or as frequent as they were in Alpha 7, which is nice.

Just to let you know, that's all. :)

thefinn

Quote from: marvinkosh on December 12, 2014, 10:16:21 PM
I'm testing out an Alpha 8 version of this mod.  A few of the annoying incidents are no longer as annoying (can be worked around) or as frequent as they were in Alpha 7, which is nice.

Just to let you know, that's all. :)

Awesome, glad you did, as I was about to ask if it were coming to 8 ;)

RemingtonRyder

Chibiabos

Not sure why folk think solar flares are easily overcome ... in Alpha 8, with the cooler biomes, I've found Devilstrand impossible to grow at all except in greenhouses (which are getting nerfed badly thanks to Fert Pumps getting nixed, so no more indoor growing at all ... will have to build in an outdoors greenhouse) in any of the new biomes (even boreal) because the growing season is too short (if you plant when the growing seasons starts in spring, the Devilstrand will still not be harvestable by the time the first cold snap hits in autumn) and the flares happen too frequently to allow harvesting through hydroponics (one solar flare = all devilstrand dead, have to start over :/).
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

RemingtonRyder

Hmm, well fair enough. I'll re-add the longer refire for solar flares, and as always people can remove or alter it to suit their tastes.

Thanks for the feedback.

Igabod

Quote from: Chibiabos on December 20, 2014, 11:15:42 PM
Not sure why folk think solar flares are easily overcome ... in Alpha 8, with the cooler biomes, I've found Devilstrand impossible to grow at all except in greenhouses (which are getting nerfed badly thanks to Fert Pumps getting nixed, so no more indoor growing at all ... will have to build in an outdoors greenhouse) in any of the new biomes (even boreal) because the growing season is too short (if you plant when the growing seasons starts in spring, the Devilstrand will still not be harvestable by the time the first cold snap hits in autumn) and the flares happen too frequently to allow harvesting through hydroponics (one solar flare = all devilstrand dead, have to start over :/).

You can always mod the hydroponics basin to not require power. All it takes is <ignoreNeedsPower>true</ignoreNeedsPower> in the def file for it under the <sowTag>Hydroponic</sowTag> part in Buildings_Production.xml for the HydroponicsBasin def. and I think you might have to remove the CompPowerTrader bit too.

Visitor000

i do this alot, i change everything to what i think is better in my opinion and realistic.
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Mechanoid Hivemind

So can i install this mod to a world i have already? Or will my game freak out and commit suicide?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

RemingtonRyder

Ded1

Solar flares are lethal in the ice sheet biome.  The temp can drop to -20 by the time it stops.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

hyprformnce

yeah, it bothers me how low-counterplay solar flares are. its not an event you can interact with at all.

StorymasterQ

Maybe solar flares should increase the ambient temperature? Then it'd be deadly in the desert, though...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here