[TOOL] Rimworld Mod Manager _ Updated 2016-05-29

Started by Jaxxa, October 30, 2014, 06:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxxa

RimworldModManager

This is still a work in progress and does not currently work correctly.

Keep an eye out for this on the official forums in the Tools section.

Instructions

Note that this program only works on windows. Tested on 7 and 10.

1. Open the program "RimworldModManager.exe"

2. Press Load to Load a Profile, these profiles record your Rimworld game lcoation and config location.

3. Press New, In the Top Box Enter or navigate to your Rimworld folder (the folder containing Rimworld.exe). The next box is for the Rimworld Config Folder. The default should already be selected "C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld". If you are overriding it to a new location enter / navigate to that lcoation. Note that Relitive paths will start from this program, not to the RimWorld.exe.  Then press OK to create your New profile.

4. Select the Profile that you want to use and click OK. This will probaly be the profile you just created if you made one, or can be any of the previously saved profiles.

5. The main grid will now show you all of the mods that you have and the status of them. You can move them up / down or enable / disable the selected mod using the buttons at the top of the screen. You can then Just save the Mod configuration or Save the configuration and Run Rimworld.

Issue checking

The main interesting part of theis program is the Issues column.
This tries to automatically detect issues in your load order / configuration. These issues are writted out in both the issues Column and The selected mod's issues are writted in the pannel on the right when the mod is selected.

Some types of issues that are chaecked are Core mod not enabled, core mod not first, Mod missing on disk (it exists in your load order but the actual mod is missing), a mod with missing dependencies, dependencies that are not loaded or dependencied that are later in the load order.

Checking for dependencies is done based on an aditional .xml file and so may not be avalable for every mod without out the modder including that file.

Part of the reasong for including this functionality is as a demonstration on what could be done with the hope that somthing similar could be included in the base game or a more integrated mod / program.

ChangeLog:

Initial Release

Support for different Folder names from XML Names.
Support for missing XML Tags in About.xml
Removed Description and URL columns.

Download:

https://github.com/jaxxa/RimworldModOrginiser/releases

StorymasterQ

I would suggest a checked list box, and unchecked mods don't get saved back into modsList.xml. Early version can just read from the XML for the mod order and load it here, but for future versions, I'd like it to scan the Mods folder and add mods that are not in the order into the list.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Kubouch

Cool, this is much needed! I'm also dreaming of some mod database for automatic download and update mods. Plus what SotymasterQ said. There was a similar project some time ago but unfortunately died: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4044.msg40044#msg40044. Anyway, good work with this. I'll try it out.

Evul

Quote from: Kubouch on November 06, 2014, 03:35:08 PMI'm also dreaming of some mod database for automatic download and update mods.

That whould be awesome O.O
It have been done mod whise in other games ^^
https://github.com/oharaandrew314/TinkerTime
Just puttning it out there ;)

Jaxxa

Since EdB has released a similar tool that works from within the game, I will not be updating this and encourage you all to use that version:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7454.0

ZehAngrySwede

Will this work with Alpha 8? Seeing as how EdB hasn't had the opportunity to update his mod, this could be a good substitute for the time being! If it works with the new version, that is.

Jaxxa

I have not done any updates with it, but I don't know if the file structure has changed. Give it some go and let me know if it works. If not I will update it.

Jaxxa

I just released an update to this program.

The interesting part is getting it to warn you about load order issues based on additional .xml files that can be added to mods.

Glendening

I love the idea of something that can compare the mod files to look for conflicts or at least let you decide what mod order is needed. Someone had something similar for Fallout3/NV a while back that helped me out a lot to crack down on conflicts.

I had a little error pop up when trying to run your mod manager. I tossed it up as an issue on the GIT page.

Lumaan

Getting a similar error as the above user on a full modded game  :'(
So is doing some testing on a clean test Rimworld. One thing I found right away is you are looking after mod name from the "<name>Community Core Library v0.13.1.1</name>" inside the "About.xml" but the game gets the name inside the "ModsConfig.xml" from the folder name inside the "Mods" folder.
With CCL *Without edit* your program is looking after "Community Core Library v0.13.1.1" and compare it against "ModsConfig.xml" mod name that are "Community Core Library", if I edit the "About.xml" from CCL to only show "<name>Community Core Library</name>" I get that it's on the disk, otherwise I get the "Missing on Disk"  :(
Activating CCL from your program put "Community Core Library v0.13.1.1" into the "ModsConfig.xml" and then the game is not loading the mod because the game is looking after "Community Core Library v0.13.1.1" folder, but on the disk the folder is called "Community Core Library"

Jaxxa

Thanks for reporting those issues. They should both be fixed in the new version. Please let me know if they happen again.

Fridolin

hey jaxxa, nice work!

this is just a feedback 8)

Jaxxa

Thanks for the Feedback, Appreciate knowing that people are finding it helpful.

H8ff0000

Jaxxa

I have not tested in with A15, but as far as I know it should work.
It wont be Pulling in Workshop mods, but for non workshop mods it should work the same as it did previously.

If not let me know what about it is not working.