[MOD] [ALPHA10] The Inspection !DISCONTINUED! A10Update (10.05.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, October 31, 2014, 05:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

The subject of this post says Alpha 9, but right above the DOWNLOAD link, it still says "Now for Alpha 8". I'm assuming that the download is fine, but the text above it hasn't been updated...

JuliaEllie

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 19, 2015, 10:57:49 AM
The subject of this post says Alpha 9, but right above the DOWNLOAD link, it still says "Now for Alpha 8". I'm assuming that the download is fine, but the text above it hasn't been updated...

You are absolutely right. Thank you.

Mussels

how does this behave now that in A9, you send colonists to power things on and off?

edit: now that i've updated, its obvious - a colonist flips a switch that toggles all of them, not individually.

Feniks

Do they ware of over time as if you spike a big raid do they talk damage and need repair or unless someone attacks them directly you don't have to worry?

KillerCubePlays

Quote from: Devdisigdu on November 05, 2014, 10:54:49 AM
Brilliant mod, Had a lot of fun with this once I added it to my kill box entryway.

Just a small thing though, would it be possible to have them powered off initially? My colonists would build one and then proceed to walk over it to build the next hurting themselves in the process :P

how to avoid the 'colonists hurting themselves when finished building' problem:
set time skip to normal, pause time when your colonist finished building the trap, turn off the power, and when your colonists are done building them, turn them back on (double-left-click for all simular objects, like those traps)

alildevil

Will your mods be upgraded to alpha 10? Such as Floorspikes...

Neocryptorian

An open question how big is the interest if I manage to patch / update this mod to Alpha 10f?  ???

And if I even manage to improve it so that the spike trap also damages animals and detect colonists so they don't trigger the traps?

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
~Franklin D. Roosevel

harpo99999

numen0r

Quote from: Neocryptorian on May 07, 2015, 10:46:46 PM
An open question how big is the interest if I manage to patch / update this mod to Alpha 10f?  ???

And if I even manage to improve it so that the spike trap also damages animals and detect colonists so they don't trigger the traps?

YES PLEASE!

zoolsnes

deadlydullahan

Would love to see this updated to alpha 10 with upgrades that detect colonists. It's a fun and great mod that adds the early game defense that's truly needed rather than researching/building turrets. I kinda wish there were more traps like these incorporated, maybe cliche traps that shoot arrows out of walls when you pass by it or something. Gives more thought to ways of defending without having to risk colonists that are terrible at fighting or having to feed power and resources to turret defenses.

EDIT: maybe instead of the traps that use power to work, traps the degrade with each use and need to be repaired. Adds a bit of realism in my opinion when wooden spikes degrade each time an enemy steps on it.

An added suggestion that would make for a cool idea would be spike trap damage (and durability if using the above mentioned idea) varying depending on the type of material used. Wooden floor spikes = little damage, moderate durability. Plasteel floor spikes = Moderate Damage (gotta keep it somewhat fair) and High Durability. Heck maybe add in a varying trigger speed depending on the material used (kind of like doors) Wood= Fast trigger speed. Plasteel= Slow trigger speed.

tsungen

I didn't expected that my first post wil be a patch to a mod but it is.

Managed to get this work with Alpha 10 and did some changes to my liking.

Hope you like it :)

Changlog

2015/05/09

Update to Alpha 10
changed Trap trigger only Hostile
removed power consumption
added buildable from Woody and Metallic Stuff / handles maxHP automaticly
added HP decrease on Trigger

Things to work on

make triggered Trap look stuffed
adjust Damage to scale with Stuff

[attachment deleted due to age]

Neocryptorian

Well was waiting for a clear sign to post this patch for JuliaEllie to Alpha10f, but here it comes if she don't says otherwise.

Download in attachment

Edit: Updated download with .Net Framework 3.5 dependent version hope that fixes some issues for everyone.

Changes:
- Updated faction detection so it now only triggers on hostile factions that is not of your colony.
- Added so spiketraps now also triggers on animals.
- Bugfixed so spiketraps "really" don't trigger on friendly colonies.
- And yes it's been play tested stable. (if not any bugs crawled in when i wasn't looking...)

Hope you all like the results. ^^

Edit: Degrade able traps like tsungen did is really nice. Personly if im able to I might try doing it as a tier 1 traps, and electric ones as tier 2 research able ones.

[attachment deleted due to age]

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
~Franklin D. Roosevel

deadlydullahan

Props and good job to both of you, I wish I personally knew more about mod making cause this is the kinda mod I feel could go incredibly far into a variety of traps and maybe even animal hunting snares.