Suggestion: How to extinguish a burning Geothermal Generator.

Started by Sion, November 11, 2014, 12:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

Don't you  just hate it when your brand new geothermal generator catches fire and it spreads into it so you can't extinguish the fire?

A solution would be to make the geothermal generator walkable (or more likely: climb-able) but with something like 50% speed.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Matthiasagreen

I do a cheap trick and sell it right before ti burns up to get more metal from it.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

skullywag

Hmm fire extinguisher that fires a projectile that removes fire in a 2x2 maybe...mini project for tonight...why not ;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: skullywag on November 11, 2014, 12:45:33 PM
Hmm fire extinguisher that fires a projectile that removes fire in a 2x2 maybe...mini project for tonight...why not ;)

geothermals are 6X6 so your gun would have to shoot 3X3 to reach the middle.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

skullywag

H_D

We need better firefighting anyway, so extinguishers are welcomed if not necessary.

Sion

So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

JimmyAgnt007

the larger objects should always have their edges count as 'on fire' if anything inside is on fire.  then any fire fighting going on is applied to whatever tiles are actually on fire.

RawCode

Same issue for solars and any other "large" object.

As long as there is no way to craft some kind of firefighting hardware internal cells of objects should not burn.

skullywag

I have a working fire extinguisher, just tidying it up a bit as it makes all the wrong noises and has no texture. Simply put,when "fired" (its a weapon) it will spray a load of bullets that look like foam when these hit fire they lower the fires strength. simples. Im gonna dump it in my more weapons mod for now but ill split it out later, ill update that thread when i release it.

Oh and ive tested it on large buildings works perfectly.

Wex

Quote from: skullywag on November 12, 2014, 06:57:03 PM
I have a working fire extinguisher, just tidying it up a bit as it makes all the wrong noises and has no texture. Simply put,when "fired" (its a weapon) it will spray a load of bullets that look like foam when these hit fire they lower the fires strength. simples. Im gonna dump it in my more weapons mod for now but ill split it out later, ill update that thread when i release it.

Make it stun enemies! Foam to the face, half a second of stun!
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Wex on November 12, 2014, 09:53:44 PM
Quote from: skullywag on November 12, 2014, 06:57:03 PM

Make it stun enemies! Foam to the face, half a second of stun!
That's the money shot, right there!

...Does the foam-spurting extinguisher need to be pumped first?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

skullywag

Never ending compressed gas (cuz ammo lol) so no, it does have a small cooldown though. Ill probably update tonight my times being eaten by that thing called a job currently...

skullywag

Finally got around to this, just added it to my more weapons for now, if you want it alone just comment out all the other weapons with <!-- at the start of a block and --> at the end in the xml, or post you want it alone in that thread to remind me.

BetaSpectre

IMO stone roofs should be inflammable and prevent fires underneath within a 2 block radius.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO