How to (possibly) make vehicles

Started by Quasarrgames, November 17, 2014, 05:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

so, apparently with the new stuff system it is possible to have items affect most of a character's stats (speed, damage dealt, etc.) and i thought that maybe this could be applied in a certain way to  make vehicles.

You could make a new character-equippable item, like a duster. you could then change the move speed like this or something:
   <equippedStatOffsets>
      <MoveSpeed>5</MoveSpeed>
    </equippedStatOffsets>
then you could retexture the item to look like a jetpack or a skateboard or something (not sure if overdraw works for items, but if it does it could be retextured to be a motorcycle or a mech too).

have not tried it my self. not sure if it would work in the slightest.
also, this seems like the type of idea that someone would have come up with before me. has anyone?
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Shinzy

Quote from: Quasarrgames on November 17, 2014, 05:14:04 PMthis seems like the type of idea that someone would have come up with before me. has anyone?

*raises hand*

only reason I haven't done it because of how silly it would look when your colonist goes to bed with their mechanized mech suit on tracks
(I don't have the skills to apply some kind of automatic apparel unequipment when entering the bed so =P)

Jaxxa

I have a slightly different idea that I will try for vehicles when I get the time.

Aristocat

It seems colonist just disappear with bug if its move speed goes over 10, especially if you move on faster floor.