[A12] Factions - By Thor's epic pecs, the norbals are back! (06/9/15)

Started by Shinzy, November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naengmyeon

Quote from: Shinzy on January 15, 2015, 04:08:08 PM
Oooh! there should be option in the crematorium! the vanilla cremation recipe only allows specifically human corpses by default (I believe this is cause it was simplest way to have all the animals not being cremated by default instead of bein butchered =P)
you have to configure the bill manually to accept norbal corpses

Prepare some lavish meals ready for the brave cremation crew who has to deal with the skeletons =P I think they'll deserve it ;D

Oh! It never occurred to me to check there. Thank you!

And don't worry about the clean up crew. There will be muffalo steaks and potatoes for all tonight! :D

Shinzy

Quote from: Evelyn on January 15, 2015, 05:26:26 PM
... If a human eats a Norbal, do they suffer from the cannibalism thought?

Yes ofcourse! they're still humanoid =P
Muffalo steaks and potatoes are so much better, like someone's having

chaotix14

Quote from: naengmyeon on January 15, 2015, 05:58:05 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on January 15, 2015, 04:08:08 PM
Oooh! there should be option in the crematorium! the vanilla cremation recipe only allows specifically human corpses by default (I believe this is cause it was simplest way to have all the animals not being cremated by default instead of bein butchered =P)
you have to configure the bill manually to accept norbal corpses

Prepare some lavish meals ready for the brave cremation crew who has to deal with the skeletons =P I think they'll deserve it ;D

Oh! It never occurred to me to check there. Thank you!

And don't worry about the clean up crew. There will be muffalo steaks and potatoes for all tonight! :D

If the graveyard of un-buried corpses is too large(as in possible to cause mental breaks), you can always use the tried and proven methods of fire(ah, those days before the crematorium, when we'd just stack corpses as a doormat for any raider, be swamped in graves and/or had wildfires of flesh from time to time), now with a long range option(incendiary mortar) so you don't even need to see the corpses.

Epyk

Great faction mod and as always, great textures Shinzy.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Shinzy

The norbs are back! they have couple new classes like the sages and more importantly whole new level of nordic naming theme
they get some swedishish and finnishish names -> note the ish, all the names are generated of two parts so most of the time
they only sound like a real fin/swe name (can still generate real names aswell obviously!)
oh and the melee guys can spawn with their own norbsonal shield, it's like personal shield but it breaks on drop
and I wanted to give them some beef as they're really melee heavy guys and they'd get killed off too easy

but mostly they're the same old!

Epyk

Quote from: Shinzy on February 27, 2015, 10:08:08 AM
The norbs are back! they have couple new classes like the sages and more importantly whole new level of nordic naming theme
they get some swedishish and finnishish names -> note the ish, all the names are generated of two parts so most of the time
they only sound like a real fin/swe name (can still generate real names aswell obviously!)
oh and the melee guys can spawn with their own norbsonal shield, it's like personal shield but it breaks on drop
and I wanted to give them some beef as they're really melee heavy guys and they'd get killed off too easy

but mostly they're the same old!

Thanks Shinzy! I'm glad at least one of the human factions got an update!

SkyBreach

Knowledge is Power

harpo99999

epyk, I have noticed a issue between norbals and the surgery mods ie can not surgically add the prosthetics/brain implants into norbal colonists/prisoners, using glitter, cyberstorm, extended prosthetics & other mods

Shinzy

Quote from: harpo99999 on March 27, 2015, 06:11:41 PM
epyk, I have noticed a issue between norbals and the surgery mods ie can not surgically add the prosthetics/brain implants into norbal colonists/prisoners, using glitter, cyberstorm, extended prosthetics & other mods

Whyyyyyyy you tell this to Epyk!
This is just happening because they're their own race
and I would have to make a compatibility for each of those ones separately

You can use the attachment to 'rehumanize' them, but they're going to be less cool :'(
Still! that should have them work with any prosthetic mod

(Can't quarantee it wouldn't cause any issues with ongoing games so do keep a backup of the mod at the ready! ;D)

[attachment deleted due to age]

harpo99999

sorry shinzy, I did not check the author of the op, just the author of the last post with a picture in it assuming that it was the mod author

test_account

Hey. So I noticed that Norbals are a separate race that are able to function like Humans for the purposes of prisons and the like. I'm still developing an understanding of how modding Rimworld works, but are you able to also provide them with separate art assets for body types and the like while doing that?
I guess what I'm asking is if it would be possible to make intelligent non-human races using the same method of whatever you've done here?

Also, regarding the prosthetics issue Shinzy harpo just mentioned. Any quick tips on what might need to be done in order to make them compatible with, say, glitter tech and expanded organs and prosthesis? I think just making a small compatibility patch between three mods that I greatly enjoy using would really help me learn, so I'm interested in doing that.

Shinzy

Quote from: test_account on March 28, 2015, 05:50:01 PM
Hey. So I noticed that Norbals are a separate race that are able to function like Humans for the purposes of prisons and the like. I'm still developing an understanding of how modding Rimworld works, but are you able to also provide them with separate art assets for body types and the like while doing that?
I guess what I'm asking is if it would be possible to make intelligent non-human races using the same method of whatever you've done here?

Also, regarding the prosthetics issue Shinzy harpo just mentioned. Any quick tips on what might need to be done in order to make them compatible with, say, glitter tech and expanded organs and prosthesis? I think just making a small compatibility patch between three mods that I greatly enjoy using would really help me learn, so I'm interested in doing that.

For making entirely custom pawns (changing the looks and everything) you'd need some real modzardry, you'll need to be real high level modjuror to conjure up that kind of stuff
I'm just a mid level modlusionist and only able to weave mirages of a mod by drawing arcane power from the xml-element

The compatibilty should be easy enough though! ;D
You'll only need to locate the Races_Humanoid.xml from all the mods
(Mine's called Norbals.xml) and find the recipes bit from the very bottom of each
and make sure they all have the same recipes in them, so they can be used

LustrousWolf

Is it possible you could make the gear worn by the norbals craft-able on the tailor bench? :3
Especially the shoes and helmets, having a medieval colony is so cool o3o.

Shinzy

Quote from: LustrousWolf on March 29, 2015, 05:09:33 PM
Is it possible you could make the gear worn by the norbals craft-able on the tailor bench? :3
Especially the shoes and helmets, having a medieval colony is so cool o3o.

I was thinking some while back about making some kind of Apparello link, like a tailor recipe these guys could drop (or something like this) that you could then use to craft their gear
but I'm on a bit of a hiatus nooooww so I don't even know if I'll be touching any of my mods in a while (But I do have whole ton of ideas and plans for almost everything so that's HALF the work done right, right?! I'm not slacking! *shh!*)

I'll just be spamming the forumwws for the time being :p

hulksterr