[MOD] [ALPHA 9] Hobo Stove - First native Alpha 8 Mod - A9Update (19.02.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, December 10, 2014, 03:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Hello everyone,

in the grim cold darkness of the future people found that a wood powered heater and cook place would be something good to have. The rest is history.

Supposedly the first mod for Alpha 8 ever made.

DOWNLOAD ME

vagineer1

Great to see this mod made available for everyone. Does the fuel actually go into the stove or do the logs just sit around it?
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

JuliaEllie

keylocke

alildevil

Great Idea, but think it could have been named   Hobo Heater.   
And a   Hobo Stove   would have been sweet, if you could roast raw meat on it or make something like baked potatoes in it.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: alildevil on December 15, 2014, 03:15:54 AM
And a   Hobo Stove   would have been sweet, if you could roast raw meat on it or make something like baked potatoes in it.

Well you can cook simple meals in it I think thats the equivalent to roastet potatos or grilled meat.

Igabod

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 15, 2014, 03:20:52 AM

Well you can cook simple meals in it I think thats the equivalent to roastet potatos or grilled meat.

It would be pretty neat if you could make some hobo-themed meal on the hobo stove that gives a unique and or funny thought message when eaten. Just an extra bit of flavor (pun not intended) for the mod.

alildevil

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 15, 2014, 03:20:52 AM

Sweet, thanks for the update about cooking with it.

Loki88

If I don't use it to cook my colonists never turn it on (I have a single cell stockpile next to it set to important for wood)

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I want to use them just for heat, that's why I wrote the mod request for wood heating.
Thanks in advance!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Loki88 on December 20, 2014, 05:08:20 PM
If I don't use it to cook my colonists never turn it on (I have a single cell stockpile next to it set to important for wood)

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I want to use them just for heat, that's why I wrote the mod request for wood heating.
Thanks in advance!

no it also heats when needed (or at least it should). It keeps the room at 18 degrees celsius which is enough for your colonists to not get hypothermia. Efficiency is the key ;)

The mod was written before Fahrenheit were introduced in the game maybe that might be the problem.

I just tested it again and it works fine.

Loki88

Awesome thank you! The wood heating would still be a fun idea if the urge ever strikes you, it's a bit of nostalgia growing up for me. Plus I really want to try and make a tundra colony that use 0 electricity except for maybe the comms console.

I really appreciate your fast replies!

Jahnri

Well, I just used this mod and placed the stove,with the storage for wood beside it, as in the picture. I did it one save and it didnt work. Then I reloaded the same save and it worked, then reloaded it didnt, then did. Whats up?

*Edit*
Well after some serious experimenting, I have to build to stove, then a empty tile, then load wood onto it, but its only working some of them time. Its intermitent and the stove seems to work the most often*75 percent of the time* when I place the wood in front. Very odd.

RemingtonRyder