[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Quote from: SWLover123456 on February 27, 2015, 06:10:23 PM
Are the weapons and such added by this mod balanced with Combat Realism? I assume not, and if that's the case, could a compatibility patch be developed?

They are not and it would be very hard to make them compatible, a lot of extra editing, which Im not going to undertake sorry

Nanovine grow rate fixed, 8.8 days on normal grow bed 4.9 days on advanced. :)
Right balancing! I have upped all crafting demands, looking through the vanilla and other mods I have no idea what I was thinking! but I have resolved the problem, please use the same links to get the updated version

One final note: I am away this weekend at the in-laws so I wont be getting much done sorry. Start back up on Monday.

MsMeiriona

dareddevil7

elStrages

Quote from: MsMeiriona on February 27, 2015, 06:44:14 PM
update seems to be borking significantly
SO I found and fixed the majority of the problem.
There is one recipe that has a bug in it, but I cant find it, if you stumble across it please let me know.
Links updated.

leted

Hm... as for me, it seemed I can't really harvest any nanothreads. The nanothreads will grow, but when someone harvests it, the plant is gone but nothing is produced. Is this one of the known bugs?

elStrages

Not until now. I will look when I can. Anyone else experiencing this?

Der Failer

I'm a little curious what the Furniture Tech research is supposed to unlock, because from what i can tell it currently "only" unlocks the Nanotech furniture research. I guess it is a placeholder which will unlock new staff in the next update, because if not i really can't see way you put it in the mod.

Also i'm not sure it i like the decision that crafting medicine requires medicine skill but is a crafting task, sure it logically makes totally sense, but from a gameplay perspective not necessary so much. For example in my current colony i don't have no one who is a good doc and an at least somewhat good crafter (i don't assign someone with less than 6 crafting), so i have no one who will be assigned to do this crafting. Sure i could do it the manual way and assign and unassign someone  but that is just not fun at all. Of course making it a doctoring task isn't an option because it would screw up priorities totally, i have seen this being a problem before but i'm not sure which mod it was.
The thing is that i don't have a pleasing solution for this (else then it being a normal craft task) and that bugs me (a lot). Because although i don't think it is ideal but i also think it is a good idea.

On a good note, from what i have seen ingame, the changelog and the files (i was curious about some of the new things) it looks like a pitty nice and solid update. :)
I can't help but ending critical posts on a good note...
Also tiny font is tiny xD

Edit:
Also i'm an idiot because i just spend at least 20 min wondering why my doc is able installing an bionic eye with only herbal medicine and already suspected some sort of weird bug and look it the file and wondered even more that i couldn't find the recipe to install the eye.... Now i realized that the bionic eye is part of the vanilla game....

But on a positive note i still found a bug :)
All recipes to install what ever part in to a pawn of this mod only use the standard vanilla medicine, that means although we can create other medicine, which is even better, we can't use it for surgery.

dareddevil7

i can't seem to install the modded implants, could it be medical XP gain breaking it?

dareddevil7

Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 28, 2015, 02:06:55 PM
i can't seem to install the modded implants, could it be medical XP gain breaking it?
i just tryed it without medical xp gain on and it still wont work

MisterLock

Let me rephrase my question:Will I be able to use this mod with zombie apocalypse,I've been thinking of trying playing it again for quite some time now(Last time I did was Alpha 6 I remember)but at the same time I cannot live without the ability to repair my colonists and upgrading them with artificial organs.I know that there's another mod that does include bionics and has a compatibility patch for ZP but yours is simply better in my opinion(no offense to the other owner) and waaaay more evolved.So if I cannot play Justin's ZP with your mod would you consider working on a compatibility patch for it?
To each his own.

prongssage

This might be a bug. Don't know if it's reported or not but I made a Carbon Leg and could not install it on to any of my pawns

Rathael

For those having install problems with implants, I'll list my current mod load order. I am able to run expanded prosthetics, glittertech, and cyberstorm with no issues. You do need the patch file from here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5509.msg108876#msg108876 though.

<activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>EdBInterface</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>Icons</li>
    <li>A9_LessIncidentTrolling</li>
    <li>AlphaMuffalo1.6</li>
    <li>MoreHair</li>
    <li>AnimuHair</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. Common</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. ForceField</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. MiningHelmet</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. MMS</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. Weapons</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_HiRes</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Animals</li>
    <li>T-CoreCropTweaks</li>
    <li>T-MoreFloors</li>
    <li>Grow Goods v1.51</li>
    <li>OmniShields</li>
    <li>OmniPanels</li>
    <li>OmniTurbines</li>
    <li>OmniThermals</li>
    <li>OmniConduit</li>
    <li>OmniBatteries</li>
    <li>NonLethals</li>
    <li>RailGun</li>
    <li>Revolver</li>
    <li>RPG</li>
    <li>FireExtinguisher</li>
    <li>Mini NPD</li>
    <li>MoreDeco</li>
    <li>MoreStorage</li>
    <li>FloorLights</li>
    <li>AdvancedLamps</li>
    <li>MoreSunLamps</li>
    <li>Celing Light</li>
    <li>ModularSolars1.8</li>
    <li>Modular Tables</li>
    <li>Snappy Dresser</li>
    <li>Canned Food</li>
    <li>RTGs</li>
    <li>RTFTJ</li>
    <li>TemperatureControl</li>
    <li>CentralHeatingMod</li>
    <li>LT_GARDENing</li>
    <li>Apothecarius</li>
    <li>FixBone</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>CyberneticStorm</li>
    <li>GlitterTech</li>
    <li>LT_SoilingEasy</li>
    <li>WaterBoarding</li>
    <li>TilledSoil</li>
    <li>Rimfire</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
    <li>More Vanilla Turrets</li>
    <li>Boomrat launcher</li>
    <li>Turret Collection</li>
    <li>Turret Collection Overkill</li>
    <li>DefendThatColony!</li>
    <li>Industrialisation</li>
    <li>Apparello</li>
    <li>Outfitter</li>
    <li>DoorControl</li>
    <li>VeinMiner</li>
    <li>Priorityhaul</li>
    <li>More Designators</li>
    <li>LT_RimEffect</li>
    <li>LT_RimEffectMerc</li>
    <li>Thingamajigs</li>
    <li>MoreBlastingCharges</li>
    <li>Craftable Guns</li>
    <li>Teleportation</li>
    <li>TargetPractise</li>
  </activeMods>

thehollowman

Ah yeah, load order seems to be the issue. I put cybernetic storm to load as the last mod and now it works.

MsMeiriona

Ok, so there seem to be two nano-advanced brains listed when you use Prepare carefully, though there is a difference being as one is "nano advanced brain" and the other is "Nano Advanced Brain"

Looking in the code, they are different, with the lowercase one being apparently the plain Nano Brain, just with the wrong label.

JellyBelly

The Nanovines seem to be dying very quickly after they become fully harvestable - which means the pawns very rarely, if they're busy, get to harvest the plants before they die away.

Think this only became a problem with the newest release - just a plant lifespan tweak I guess?

Loving this mod by the way - extremely detailed and well balanced too.